**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is a 4 star ronan worthy of class ag?

Im thinking since so many of these bosses in the new spotlight quests have so many buffs on them, it would be safer to use ronan because of his stuns.
Your thoughts?

Is a 4 star ronan worthy of class ag? 72 votes

Yes - he is worthy of a class ag
54%
ShrimkinsDrZolaSnizzbarbhuv9191sfu_koraxJRock808TendersquadcAncAmOMagrailothosStar_Lord_nameplasDarkrider05DOKTOROKTOPUSAb_SamadTwmRAKTEKHendrossadknight27CupidBahamut 39 votes
Yes - he is worthy even of generic ag
4%
HeraldofNoneAn_Asian_1X_Factor_Agent 3 votes
No - he is not worthy of an ag
41%
winterthurNevvBFrostyChris_L_HDrenlinBuckeyeKPGrafikdevGoldenSkullBapoiStark78AlfabuttersEthans8279Super_Mitch_83M1k0rinNemesis666WerewrymMatix0KillerRino19jvellusChampioncritic 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    If you happen to be facing buff heavy champs, then yes.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,785 ★★★★★
    Bad when facing champs on stun immune nodes.

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    What other cosmics do u have? If you have Medusa hype proxima and corvus duped, yeah sure
  • Options
    Aleks112358Aleks112358 Posts: 51
    What other cosmics do u have? If you have Medusa hype proxima and corvus duped, yeah sure

Yeah, none of those
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    DrZola wrote: »

Dr. Zola

The thing about Ronan is that most of the time whenever there is content that can easily be cleared by him you would be just as well off using a 2* or 3*. Taking this month's EQ for example, I know of players that can easily clear the bosses with 3* awakened Ronan. I would argue that it would not be wise to awaken a 4* Ronan because for the most part a 3* Ronan will work for you just as well.
  • Options
    DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    why not? you can get a 4* gem in every challenge, besides a 4* ronan is a cool trophy champ
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    50/50 here! Wow!
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Ronan chain stun is good counter to Hydra adaptoid
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Assuming you don’t have someone better (Medusa for example) I think Ronan is worth it, especially this month.
  • Options
    EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Depends on who your other cosmics are. Definitely not worth generic.
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    May as well since he cant be duped from crystals
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    He is terrible without his sig and you aint pulling him from a crystal anytime soon so I say he is worth a class gem.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    He's totally worth it. Several of the bosses/minibosses for recent Event quests are easy meat - BPCW in Chadwick's challenge; Sabretooth in his monthly event, etc. So many buff-heavy champs, wherever you meet them.

Not everyone has Magik/Voodoo; and since Ronan gets his Sig bonus on every single attack; doesn't rely on Poison, has a 100% Stun chance, and causes True damage on his SP1 (used to say this on his SP2 as well - what happened?), he can do things they can't. Voodoo can only turn buffs to poison once; Ronan can power up on them indefinitely. He has real value as part of a well-rounded team.

I'd also suggest that you get more out of Ronan as a mid-level player than as a very highly skilled one. As an example: I'm okay at skills like intercepting and baiting; but mediocre at dexterity - I'll very rarely be able to take advantage of Proxima's Sig as I rarely get a combo over 100. She's therefore more valuable to a more skilled player than me. Ronan is very easy to use; and can help you clear some content; although probably not end-game/LOL. He helped me clearing events, exploring Act 4 and getting Uncollected. So I'd definitely spend a class gem on him (I already did!) - but probably not a generic one.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »

Dr. Zola

The thing about Ronan is that most of the time whenever there is content that can easily be cleared by him you would be just as well off using a 2* or 3*. Taking this month's EQ for example, I know of players that can easily clear the bosses with 3* awakened Ronan. I would argue that it would not be wise to awaken a 4* Ronan because for the most part a 3* Ronan will work for you just as well.

Fair point. The only reason I used one on my 4* Ronan a while back was to have a step up in challenger rating. It may have only had a minuscule effect, but for the content you would use him for (typically more advanced content), it helps that he doesn’t get creamed quite as much taking Block/parry damage.

On a general note, what’s with the flag on my initial post? Fits neither the spam nor abuse parameters. Not saying you flagged it @Werewrym, just a general question...

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★

Dr. Zola

Fair point. The only reason I used one on my 4* Ronan a while back was to have a step up in challenger rating. It may have only had a minuscule effect, but for the content you would use him for (typically more advanced content), it helps that he doesn’t get creamed quite as much taking Block/parry damage.

On a general note, what’s with the flag on my initial post? Fits neither the spam nor abuse parameters. Not saying you flagged it @Werewrym, just a general question...

Dr. Zola

Ok yeah I can see that. I honestly have never fully understood challenger rating because I can never notice the difference. I can see wanting a Ronan with a bit more health to survive block damage and such.

And no I didn't flag your post... probably one of the forum trolls. I get flags all the time on completely constructive posts.
  • Options
    Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264

Dr. Zola

Seriously? In 2500 hits? Please awaken your 4* Ronan. Every uncollected and master quest since forever has made him incredibly useful. 100% uncollected on day 1 with my 4* rank 4 Ronan sig 40
  • Options
    BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    No. You will get more more in the long run out of saving it for a great champ vs. one with a nichey ability that you only break out once in a while. As your roster grows you will have plenty of champs to tackle tricky content.