**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

I Like the challenge UC Adaptoid, Heimdall, and Red Skull bring

I'm at the point where I can finish Master with 1 champ usually so I love an actual challenge in each event quest. It's funny how many people complain about tough fights or unfair. I think Domino is super tough and hate unavoidable damage, but I still can one-shot her even on Buffet.

Heimdall was easy........anyone who has a problem with him is not a good player or doesn't have any strong champs
Adaptoid was a tough, long fight which was awesome. Medusa destroyed him with armor shattered
Red Skull takes a lot of patience, skill, and strategy. Yes, Dr Voodoo can destroy him but he is beatable with anyone

I love tough fights because outside of AW.......which can get almost impossible sometimes, UC Event is the best difficulty because it is hard but not impossible. I agree that people should practice, rank up the right champs, and get better rather than complain at difficult content. If it's too hard, then you're just at Master level right now, not UC

Comments

• BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Oh fun.
    Another thread on the UC content waiting to be derailed by someone...

I do agree with you though. Had an initial wtf moment, then switched on the brain and went back.
    Indeed, if you can’t get through it, you might not be there in the game yet, whether it is skill, champs, or roster or a combination of the three.

But be prepared for a proverbial diarrhea of opposing posts..
    This EQ is brnging out a lot of frustration some people seem to need to vent..
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,500 ★★★★★
    I also enjoyed the challenge. Adaptoid wrecked me the first time I fought him.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Raganator wrote: »
    I also enjoyed the challenge. Adaptoid wrecked me the first time I fought him.

In my case, full team wipe, some verbal abuse directed towards the iPad, then decide on a do-over with other champs. I went in with a team that was simply not outdamaging his regen. Lesson learned. At the cost of a refill instead of units, revives and heals..
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Hiemdall destroyed me so I ranked up my 4* Quake... Hopefully she'll get him LoL if not I'll just use Luke or NC
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    edited August 2018
    If I would have started the event before I read about the tips, it would have been a challenge. Heimdall was easy with SW and Adaptoid and RS are laughable with Ronan.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Thank you to everyone here and the subreddit who gave really detailed tips on all three of the fights, and gave us a long list of counters to use. I got it done with Ronan for two out of three, and my Magik took heimdall down easy. Hope others come and see the advice too!
    Namelez wrote: »
    Hiemdall destroyed me so I ranked up my 4* Quake... Hopefully she'll get him LoL if not I'll just use Luke or NC

Eventually I started using MS for fun. With maxed MD, it was a fun fight.
  • HolyDracHolyDrac Posts: 106
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    If I would have started the event before I read about the tips, it would have been challenge. Heimdall was easy with SW and Adaptoid and RS are laughable with Ronan.

How did SW work against Heimdall? I used her once and somehow just gaining power for no reason after using his first sp2. And then I finally got smacked by his sp3 and died. Ended up finishing him off with Blade, but yeah what am I not understanding on using SW to counter him?
  • justin311justin311 Posts: 112
    Was it the first fight? He has a persistent charge that gives him a power gain from the previous fight
  • XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
    My problem with adaptiod and Heimdall, Adaptoid, if you die when he’s below 25% it’s really hard to get back into a rhythm, if you can do it In one shot or die when you can still parry, decent fight.
    Heimdall though, if you die, even once, the next time you enter the fight he’s gaining power until he gets an sp3, so you could get stuck in an infinite loop of death due to 1. Kabam knows you have to take sp2 damage 2. Then using power start 2 3. Then knowing about the power gain being somewhat weak, but enough that it’ll screw you. Sure there’s power control champs, but none of them can get to any sort of power control level fast enough for Heimdall not to have thrown a special, except OG vision.

That’s my problem with these fights, they also punish you for trying to do content with weaker champs. All content should at least be possible with slightly below the recommended at least in my opinion
    edited August 2018
    Heimdall though, if you die, even once, the next time you enter the fight he’s gaining power until he gets an sp3, so you could get stuck in an infinite loop of death due to 1.

Mephisto and Doc Oc could help with this. Or as other have said, icey or LC. Mephisto was my champ of choice if I died the first fight.

• UlysseOdysseus75UlysseOdysseus75 Posts: 188
    What is the point of using Ronan ? Where is the challenge ? It seems like abusing some fault for an easy win. I do like this monster adaptoid n the fun cheese from Heimdall. The only thing I can complain is the final boss Red Skull was easier.
  • Severus35Severus35 Posts: 88
    ...Sure there’s power control champs, but none of them can get to any sort of power control level fast enough for Heimdall not to have thrown a special, except OG vision.

You can use Stark Spiderman for that : parry+heavy = strong power drain. Nothing else required. I find that very useful :smile:

• Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    There is nothiing challenging into hitting 4 times and wait red skull in the mood of using sp1. It's just boring and uninventive.

The sole purpose of that is for legend runners i guess.

Adaptoid is ok, hemidall is easy enough.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 787 ★★★
    Honestly, the difficulty in this EQ was having the right champs to counter. I think all the bosses were doable with just about any champ with varying amounts of skill, but they became significantly easier with certain champs at a high enough rank. Unsurprisingly, Magik was once again very good and my 6* Nebula finally had a chance to shine. She made the adaptoid a very basic fight with the Proxima synergy, since my 3* Ronan was unranked and couldn't get past the regen.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Challenge?
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,722 ★★★
    So u can use Ronan for stun lock against red skull also?