**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Patch 19.0/19.1 and danger sense.

Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
Quite curious given what im experimenting lately.

Since season and even couple wars before i took on Biohazard nodes given a modok or mistic were in. I run r5 blade with trinity or mephisto if needed. WHich "grants" a flat 58% danger sense trigger along with att increase. Since new updates i've been taking notes given Danger sense doesn't seem to be working anymore nor being boosted as stated.
Biohazard has a 20% chanche to trigger bleed while hitting opponents. 20% <----

The last 3 encounters on Biohazard were:

-Modok: 34 hits to 1. 1 special 2 (8 hits). Total bleeds: 17 (50% of hits triggered a 20% chanche to bleed). 3 Autoblocks.

-Mephisto: 26 hits to 0. 1 special 2 (8 hits). Total bleeds: 14(55% of hits triggered a 20% chanche to bleed). Regen 2 out 3 charges.

-Magik: 26 hits, 2 special 2 (16 hits). Total bleeds: 9 (35% of hits triggered a 20% chanche to bleed). Limbo: 2 out of 2 bars filled.

HP left after fights: 1) 16% 2) 12% 3)70% ***

*** All fights were done with 45 to 55% hp boost

Al the following having danger sense on extended to 58% with Stark Spidey sinergy. 58% reduction of 20% chanche to bleed (or so i think it works) makes what, 8% chanche to bleed per hit?

Now, i am not crying out loud about nerfing one of the most powerful champions in the game, BUT. Clearly something was changed, voluntarily or not. And if so, it would be nice to be warned about it expecially during seasons. If you wanted to make danger sense less effective by no means i disagree, as long, tho, as you warn us beforehand. Those numbers i showed you here are MILES away from what even normal bleed triggers would be using a normal character without ability reduction.

20% if one bleed every 5 hits avg. Without reduction. Having nearly 50% triggers with a character able to reduce triggers by 58%...it's kabam math? Waiting a reply on this.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit

Comments

• Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    I can say an alliance mate just fought a magik with blade on biohazard in war, and only bled 3 times. if something is wrong, its not a blanket "not working"
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    It could just be a really bad string of RNG. It is possible. You only have a sample size of 3 fights which is way too small of a pool to say something is definitively wrong.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,387 ★★★★★
    On biohazard with blade if danger sense just save bar since the damage from danger sense is already enough and if full bar he will not take as many bleeds due to the fact will shrug them off especially needed to for biohazard
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    I can say an alliance mate just fought a magik with blade on biohazard in war, and only bled 3 times. if something is wrong, its not a blanket "not working"

it's actually a much larger pool. But i did mention the season's fight as off season isn't relevant anyways tbh.

The trend started right after 19.0. For example i can't remember one time since then that a bleed node or poison were shrugged off. Ofc could be bad rng, that's exactly why im posting here. Altho we have 3 bgs, and all of them are noticing this. Guess we'll see.

Also, what rank was blade? what rank was magik? how many hits if possible to know?
  • Options
    Bendy wrote: »
    On biohazard with blade if danger sense just save bar since the damage from danger sense is already enough and if full bar he will not take as many bleeds due to the fact will shrug them off especially needed to for biohazard

Im not asking an effective way to fight biohazard. Amof it's not what concerns me. The effectvity of what is specified tho concerns me.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »

it's actually a much larger pool. But i did mention the season's fight as off season isn't relevant anyways tbh.

The trend started right after 19.0. For example i can't remember one time since then that a bleed node or poison were shrugged off. Ofc could be bad rng, that's exactly why im posting here. Altho we have 3 bgs, and all of them are noticing this. Guess we'll see.

Also, what rank was blade? what rank was magik? how many hits if possible to know?

r5 blade, r4 magik. I don't know how many hits, but my alliance mate talked about how little it applied.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    I believe your math is off. Its a 58% to shut off abilities per time it activates. Its not 58% of 20%. The more power stored, the faster the debuff expires. I don't recall danger sense supposed to be turning off AW nodes. If that was the case he'd shut down power gain on top left mini in AW where most people place MS or Dorm. I take that mini and he doesn't do it there.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,190 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    I believe your math is off. Its a 58% to shut off abilities per time it activates. Its not 58% of 20%. The more power stored, the faster the debuff expires. I don't recall danger sense supposed to be turning off AW nodes. If that was the case he'd shut down power gain on top left mini in AW where most people place MS or Dorm. I take that mini and he doesn't do it there.
    Only debuff one him tell
  • Options
    Honeybunny217Honeybunny217 Posts: 33
    There was a thread similar to this issue a few months ago where Kabam Miike confirmed that the ability accuracy reduction only works against dimensional beings regardless of synergies and that the team was going to "fix" danger sense so that he cannot turn off nodes or reduce abilities of non-dimensional beings (in that case Mordo). If you read the description of danger sense it is not very clear about this but it is what it is. This is probably why people can still completely shut down dimensional beings (ie magik, mephistos, etc..), but not shut down nodes or have ability reduction vs non-dimensional beings.

Here's the thread, for better or worse:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73060/mordo-is-now-bugged-vs-blade-not-a-bug/p1
  • Options
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

He used to shut down bleed or poison nodes or activations (including morningstar's) along even yellowjacket's sting and so on. As for power gain he never was able to shut that down being not a node but simply an augmented power gain rate x hit .

For example he can shut down strikeback nodes aswell would danger sense be active on it. Anything that has an "activation" and can suffer danger sense can be voided.
    There was a thread similar to this issue a few months ago where Kabam Miike confirmed that the ability accuracy reduction only works against dimensional beings regardless of synergies and that the team was going to "fix" danger sense so that he cannot turn off nodes or reduce abilities of non-dimensional beings (in that case Mordo). If you read the description of danger sense it is not very clear about this but it is what it is. This is probably why people can still completely shut down dimensional beings (ie magik, mephistos, etc..), but not shut down nodes or have ability reduction vs non-dimensional beings.

Here's the thread, for better or worse:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73060/mordo-is-now-bugged-vs-blade-not-a-bug/p1

Yep, that's exactly my point. But synergies extending danger sense should brigh forth the abilty reduction aswell. Besides, two of my examples were dimensional beings and it still seemed to be non existant.

My point is exactly to come out clear on the situation, given right now nothing is sure nor understandable. A simple post specifying to what extent out of dimensional beings his reductions work would be just easy to read and clear the air for good.

For example, yellowjacket isn't a dimensional but danger sense can void his stings from being applied at all. Same goes for debuffs applied by any villain or their regen (ultron for example). So it's unclear.

Besides, whethere they did tweak or not they didn't mention anything about it, which is exactly what i'm claiming to be a case needing words.

@Kabam Miike