**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Just bad design. Lazy

2»

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    weavile wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Wow, all that bragging just clarify that you don't like the node that wants you to use class disadvantage.... Is this new to you? I mean 5.3 was only this. Plus in this EQ it's a small fraction of the fights.

Not bragging at all my friend. No it’s not new to me. It was terrible in 5.3. It’s terrible now. It’s lazy. When an opinion is shared and instead of commenting on the opinion my “skill level is attacked” granted or mostly was the others I will accept that challenge. Stil stands by the way. Any of you 3 that think you could outperform me I’m open to the challenges.

Again, this node is the same as the +100% health node. Do you complain about that too?

but it's not the same: you see the +100% health only count base health, while this node effectively double the boosted health so it's much more potent

Let’s say you fight a 10,000 health opponent unnoded as the base test. You then fight it as a +100% health node and it becomes 20,000. This would take the same amount of hits as fighting the 10,000 health with -50% of your attack. Or as close to make no matter. Your comment about base health is irrelevant as the health nodes would be as a whole, not just focussing on base health.

The only alteration, would be having percentage based abilities such as Hela and Loki’s special 3s and deep wounds. These have such little effect on the fight as a whole I’m willing to discard them.

but you are not fighting a 10000 health opponent unnoded. Every time the -50% attack node came up it go along with either 300% attack and health for a 5* or 100% attack and health for near max 6*. At that point every champ has 70k attack, the 100% health only add 20k health at best while the -50% attack add effectively 70k more health

I was just being unspecific, of course technically you’re right but I didn’t think I needed to go into that much detail. I know that adding 100 to an already 500% node isn’t the same, but since you’re being pedantic even though what I said made perfect sense and got my point across, I will amend my original statement.

-50% attack is the same as doubling the health.

All skill arguments aside. If you came up against a node that ONLY had -50% attack, or ONLY 100% health, wouldnt you be like, uhhh I guess I'll beat it. it just takes more time than usual to defeat, nothing special. I think thats the OP point. theres a place in the game for it, in conjunction with other nodes, but just a different name for a node already out there.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean, are you asking whether I’d look at a -50% attack node and think ugh that’s annoying, but I’d look at a 100% health node and just carry on? Personally I don’t really mind either, they do the same thing, since I’d rather not go in with a class disadvantage, although that does depend on the fight. I guess it’s weird to see your champs do less damage, but no I don’t really mind.

There are differences with the two though. It’s basically a double the health node, unless you use a class disadvantage, in which case add 20% or 40% more health on (I always forget what the attack disadvantage value is for class disadvantage. -50% attack unless you use class disadvantage is not the same as 100% health. It just has the same effect if you decide not to use a class disadvantage. You cannot use either node in the same situation.

Yes I do see the similarities. Both are poor design. Simply slapping health on something(which is the same thing you’re saying) doesn’t make it harder. Just longer and boring.

Why not give the champ no additional health and increase their attack by 1000%. Either way. Fight is faster and more enjoyable. For me. This is of course just y opinion. How does making me parry 30 times over a 3 minute fight make it more difficult? It’s just mind numbing.

Um, what? More health is a longer fight, more time to mess up. That’s the whole point of it, it’s a challenge. Otherwise you’re asking for fights to be easier. What’s the point in a champion having more health? It’s to make it more difficult.

What you’re saying is just silly.

Mephisto with a small health pool isn’t hard, less health is less hits and therefore less procs of aura.

Morningstar is less procs of bleed.

Abom is less poison.

Wolverine is less regen.

So many fights need more health to present a challenge. Stop being entitled.
  • SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    Primmer79 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Wow, all that bragging just clarify that you don't like the node that wants you to use class disadvantage.... Is this new to you? I mean 5.3 was only this. Plus in this EQ it's a small fraction of the fights.

Not bragging at all my friend. No it’s not new to me. It was terrible in 5.3. It’s terrible now. It’s lazy. When an opinion is shared and instead of commenting on the opinion my “skill level is attacked” granted or mostly was the others I will accept that challenge. Stil stands by the way. Any of you 3 that think you could outperform me I’m open to the challenges.

Again, this node is the same as the +100% health node. Do you complain about that too?

but it's not the same: you see the +100% health only count base health, while this node effectively double the boosted health so it's much more potent

Let’s say you fight a 10,000 health opponent unnoded as the base test. You then fight it as a +100% health node and it becomes 20,000. This would take the same amount of hits as fighting the 10,000 health with -50% of your attack. Or as close to make no matter. Your comment about base health is irrelevant as the health nodes would be as a whole, not just focussing on base health.

The only alteration, would be having percentage based abilities such as Hela and Loki’s special 3s and deep wounds. These have such little effect on the fight as a whole I’m willing to discard them.

but you are not fighting a 10000 health opponent unnoded. Every time the -50% attack node came up it go along with either 300% attack and health for a 5* or 100% attack and health for near max 6*. At that point every champ has 70k attack, the 100% health only add 20k health at best while the -50% attack add effectively 70k more health

I was just being unspecific, of course technically you’re right but I didn’t think I needed to go into that much detail. I know that adding 100 to an already 500% node isn’t the same, but since you’re being pedantic even though what I said made perfect sense and got my point across, I will amend my original statement.

-50% attack is the same as doubling the health.

All skill arguments aside. If you came up against a node that ONLY had -50% attack, or ONLY 100% health, wouldnt you be like, uhhh I guess I'll beat it. it just takes more time than usual to defeat, nothing special. I think thats the OP point. theres a place in the game for it, in conjunction with other nodes, but just a different name for a node already out there.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean, are you asking whether I’d look at a -50% attack node and think ugh that’s annoying, but I’d look at a 100% health node and just carry on? Personally I don’t really mind either, they do the same thing, since I’d rather not go in with a class disadvantage, although that does depend on the fight. I guess it’s weird to see your champs do less damage, but no I don’t really mind.

There are differences with the two though. It’s basically a double the health node, unless you use a class disadvantage, in which case add 20% or 40% more health on (I always forget what the attack disadvantage value is for class disadvantage. -50% attack unless you use class disadvantage is not the same as 100% health. It just has the same effect if you decide not to use a class disadvantage. You cannot use either node in the same situation.

Yes I do see the similarities. Both are poor design. Simply slapping health on something(which is the same thing you’re saying) doesn’t make it harder. Just longer and boring.

Why not give the champ no additional health and increase their attack by 1000%. Either way. Fight is faster and more enjoyable. For me. This is of course just y opinion. How does making me parry 30 times over a 3 minute fight make it more difficult? It’s just mind numbing.

Um, what? More health is a longer fight, more time to mess up. That’s the whole point of it, it’s a challenge. Otherwise you’re asking for fights to be easier. What’s the point in a champion having more health? It’s to make it more difficult.

What you’re saying is just silly.

Mephisto with a small health pool isn’t hard, less health is less hits and therefore less procs of aura.

Morningstar is less procs of bleed.

Abom is less poison.

Wolverine is less regen.

So many fights need more health to present a challenge. Stop being entitled.

You know it’s ok for people to disagree, right? And it’s not one size fits all. The longer a fight means nothing to me. It absolutely is not harder for me. It’s boring for ME lol.

A) champ has 200000 health and 2000 attack.
    B) champ has 50000 health and 8000 attack

I’m gonna KO to option B way more times than option A. And the fights are gonna be way faster. The only time I’m KOin to option A is when I fell asleep with my phone in hand cuz I had to rattle off a 200 hit combo.

I understand that you believe the fight being longer makes it harder increasing the chance of error. That’s your take. Great. But even when you make he error it’s unlikely that combo KOs you. Option B will KO you for making one mistake.

You’re entitled to your opinion chief. Id prefer my way. Fast fights and massive punishment for mistakes. Instead of 3 minute boring long drawn out fights.