**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Angels or Demons

XxOriginalxXXxOriginalxX Posts: 1,324 ★★★
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
Sorry the title was too perfect to pass up, this is a hypothetical situation, just wanted people to weigh in. Both are 5*

Angels or Demons 90 votes

R4 Angela
43%
AppieJank39TendersquadMrLalowVladislas22IrakliAlex13369Darkrider051haunted_memoryAnonymous346buttersSuper_Mitch_83Metal8989SgtAnime1G0311Duke_SilverDESTROYALL11FixxxCrazyjack719Danny_ 39 votes
R4 Mephisto
56%
GroundedWisdomJozielPNPlayer1994AxeCopFireDrenlinSIlverProfessorNew_Noob168mydnightTheVyrusGAM3RGUYMagrailothosgrud9eBapoiChuckNorrisDOKTOROKTOPUSEthans8279NojokejaymLt_Magnum_1JonibärchenSpiderCools 51 votes

Comments

• Options
    SupermanafficinadoSupermanafficinado Posts: 158
    edited August 2018
    R4 Mephisto
    Mephisto does not hit that hard(specials are your main source of dmg) . Angela hits like a truck. Mephisto has reliable health gain(from charge) while angela health gain is not that significant if it is not stacked. IF awakend mephisto is a better allround choice as a defender against champs with melee range spcials.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    R4 Mephisto
    Mephisto does not hit that hard(specials are your main source of dmg) . Angela hits like a truck. Mephisto has reliable health gain(from charge) while angela health gain is not that significant if it is not stacked. IF awakend mephisto is a better allround choice as a defender against champs with melee range spcials.

well Mephisto doesn't hit hard but his specials do, Angela hits hard but her specials dont
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,367 ★★★★★
    R4 Mephisto
    Nojokejaym wrote: »

well Mephisto doesn't hit hard but his specials do, Angela hits hard but her specials dont

I was going to say the same. Angela loses her Fury for the duration of her SP1 and doesn't gain the bonus buff till the animation is over; so her SP1 doesn't hit hard at all. Her SP2 isn't bad, if you've stacked Fury. On the other hand, if you can get to SP3 with several buffs stacked, including Fury, then the SP3 does respectable damage.

On the other hand, Angela is terrible against music dispersion, Buffet nodes, and champs like Ronan, MS, Magik, Voodoo and even Venompool; whereas Mephisto has fewer specific counters.
    Mephisto also has some Power Control ability; and can stop all buffs for prolonged periods; making him good against champs like Groot, Angela, Heimdall, and so on. His regeneration is extremely good, whereas Angela's is barely noticeable.

He's much more versatile; so I'd go with him.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    R4 Mephisto
    angela is a trash champ no offence for those 42% who voted for her it's so damn useless in aw attaque wait ? meh
  • Options
    Samar_1092Samar_1092 Posts: 46
    Well depends on what u need tbh.....
    Mephisto can be great for aw defense at a high sig n also good for aq with his insane regen at 30% health plus has a lot of immunities n also his soul imprisonment can be really useful in certain scenarios. He also really benefits from numerous synergies (use with blade & gr for more damage or with morningstar & hela for sustainability)
    P.S. a little for the upcoming dungeons... On mystic + whatever day, blade+mornigstar+mephisto can be be a really awesome team

Angela on the other hand is just a hard hitter, decent for aq since her ramping up crit rate can help deal with the sentinel's crit resistance n can also be used to get through the labyrinth, she just works so well with suicides on n benefits greatly from the right synergies (check out Dork Lessons on YouTube video from the Synergy Samba series, Episode 2: Angelic Fury)
  • Options
    Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    R4 Mephisto
    Only on the condition where Mephisto is awakened. Otherwise, Angela.
  • Options
    Noob2435Noob2435 Posts: 627 ★★★
    R4 Angela
    Player1994 wrote: »
    angela is a trash champ no offence for those 42% who voted for her it's so damn useless in aw attaque wait ? meh

Don't listen to this troll he obviously never played her, and I voted for Angela because mephisto hits like wet paper towels.
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    R4 Angela
    A very (wait for it) original title 😉
  • Options
    Mitchell35 wrote: »
    A very (wait for it) original title 😉

What’s the joke there? 😉
  • Options
    Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    R4 Angela
    Because your forum name is xxoriginalxx get it, xx. ORIGINAL xx. Ok I’m done explaining
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    R4 Mephisto
    I’ve never been a fan of Angela. Feel like she hits like a paper towel also. But I also don’t have one only used a few alliance members.

I have a mephisto and he’s got good utility

Can drain power with special 3 and keep aura for the whole fight.

Soul imprisonment helps against Medusa, synergies with the right champs does work.

He does hit like a panzi, but his utility is great.
  • Options
    I’ve never been a fan of Angela. Feel like she hits like a paper towel also. But I also don’t have one only used a few alliance members.

I have a mephisto and he’s got good utility

Can drain power with special 3 and keep aura for the whole fight.

Soul imprisonment helps against Medusa, synergies with the right champs does work.

He does hit like a panzi, but his utility is great.

If Angela hits like a paper towel, then that’s one Sharp paper cut
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    R4 Mephisto
    Player1994 wrote: »

i use her on aw attack she solos medusa boss, also solos mini bosses angela is very good on aw attack, shes my best attacker
  • Options
    Ajjohnsbb8Ajjohnsbb8 Posts: 191
    R4 Mephisto
    MEMPISTO I feel like he will make me burn in hell considering ive had him since last christmas and hes only R3 ;(