**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dormamu [Closed]

CaykoCayko Posts: 111
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
I noticed in AQ, somethibt that felt as bs.
I attack his block and dash back to charge a medium instantly. But he's so frickin fast, it feels like teleports up to me, and hit me before I even can charge my medium.

That happened once in aq.

Then I met an aw boss who pulled that **** on regular basis.
It got me thinking.

You see, when make a block hit the champ should freeze in block for a slight moment.
This is true in general. So how is it that Dormamu attacked so fast? It shouldn't even matter if the AI is hyped as hell.

So I tried my own dormamu out in some duels.
And guess what? I replicated it.
He's glitching.

This costs people.
Post edited by Kabam Wolf on

Comments

• Options
    Bumping until addressed
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    C'mon this is an AQ boss!
    Everyone meets him 5 out of 8 days!
    You can't let this one slide without suffering finger pointings and accusations only fixing things that benefits the player while letting bs bugs that kabam gain money from just stay in gamw
  • Options
    NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    AQ bosses aren't meant to be solo'd, if they are great. if not there are 10 people with 3 champs each who should all be having a crack at him.
  • Options
    You should read it again.
    It's not secluded to AQ bosses but I can replicate it in duels
  • Options
    Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    Nobody cares anymore. Just waiting to see what the update addresses. If this update is a bust then it will be very bad for this game.
  • Options
    Mcord11758Mcord11758 Posts: 1,249 ★★★★
    If this update is bs I am 100% done
  • Options
    SomethingsomeSomethingsome Posts: 176
    Dormammu is utterly broken as an AQ boss: without double evade working he'll nail you every time with his heavy double attack. He's so aggresive that even if you block his first attack you are stuck in his attack string untill he stops or you drop your guard and get killed (at my level he's doing 8-11k damage).

They've effectively nerfed parry in the expert bracket so you can't properly counter him without getting plastered after several successful parries, ensuring no one will get very far against him. Let us not forget they've reintroduced not being able to string combos into a special again, so you're not often gonna hit him with the attacks that matter as he'll magically block your attacks.

But don't worry, he can totally do it to you though as you have no ability to do anything but continue blocking once an attack makes contact or you're gonna get hit. There will be no evade or counterattack on your part mid combo, that's an ability only evades (like ultron, spidey and BW have) and your enemies get to enjoy.

I just think of every fight as a fight with invisible, **** nodes in effect now...

This used to be a good game, now it's just broken. Kabam would do themselves a favor if they skipped the next content upgrade and just fixed the gameplay first. Right now they are pretty tone deaf in their reactions to our complaints.
  • Options
    SomethingsomeSomethingsome Posts: 176
    Noobeeus wrote: »
    AQ bosses aren't meant to be solo'd, if they are great. if not there are 10 people with 3 champs each who should all be having a crack at him.

I would disagree, any boss, regardless of difficulty should be able to be solo'd by someone of sufficient skill and ability, maybe not in one single fight, but overall someone with god like ability should be able to beat anyone in the game. If that goal is not achievable, then the gameplay, mechanics, or foe design is broken and it's no longer about skill...only how much you are willing to spend. That is a broken game, plain and simple.
  • Options
    That last comment tells us something about the magik+md5 bs
  • Options
    Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    @Cayko that comment has nothing to do with original topic. Stop crying. I can solo a r4 magik with max MD in tier 1 aw as a boss. I can do it 3/4 times. The 1 time I don't get it she is at less than 10% health after the fight. Just use health boosts to survive her limbo in the beginning and then power lock her.
  • Options
    @Cayko that comment has nothing to do with original topic. Stop crying. I can solo a r4 magik with max MD in tier 1 aw as a boss. I can do it 3/4 times. The 1 time I don't get it she is at less than 10% health after the fight. Just use health boosts to survive her limbo in the beginning and then power lock her.

Love how you first start with stating something to be off topic and then goes on offtopic.
    Hypocryte much?
  • Options
    Bump it...
  • Options
    Still no answer from the mods/devs/establishment
  • Options
    I'm still here...
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP. I'm sorry to hear that you have some concerns with Dormammu's dash speed. I just spent about 30 minutes playing with him, and against him, and I didn't see anything strange with his dash. Could I get a bit more specific information about the circumstances where you're seeing this?

- Device type and OS version
    - Champions you've seen this against

Once you get back to me with that, we'll do some further checking into this for you. Thanks!
  • Options
    I replicated it against electro just now and against Voodoo earlier but it's kinda tricky to replicate from your own dormamu since you need to make a dash from block exactly after the enemy hit and evades you.

Some of the circumstances is said. AQ boss but even more so the AW boss.
    Can't really say who I used in AQ since it only happens once or twice there, however in the AW I used Gwenpool, Ghost Rider and Starlord.

I'm on iOS / iPhone 6s
  • Options
    The enemy probably won't have to dash back for this. Several times they didn't and it kinda felt like it happened. But in short distances things happens a bit fast so I can't really tell for sure what's up there
  • Options
    And it happened again just now.
    Day5 dormamu against r4 sl
  • Options
    Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey OP. I have another thread open about this, so I'm going to send you there and close this one. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.