**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Dungeons Discussion Thread

Comments

• VTA92VTA92 Posts: 374 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    So you have 6 weeks of dungeons but it takes essentially 4 weeks of dungeons for one 5* crystal. So what’s the point of running the last 2 weeks of dungeons?

Because the store is permanent and you can save artifact shards for the next time dungeons comes back around to get to a crystal quicker.

There are only 3 2 week periods announced. I guess the question is are they coming back after those 3 2 week periods.

Should be able to open a 5* crystal by the end of each two week period. Not worth the time dungeons takes to only open one 5* crystal every 4 weeks of dungeons. I can get that from arena.
  • Sorry if this is explained in the posts, there’s a lot to read. I see that Dark Artefacts will be permanent, great, what I’m asking is will the 5* crystal pools remain the same or will they change from each iteration of dungeons? Cheers.

It will remain the same for this entire 3 month period, but will likely change after that for any future iterations of Dungeons.
  • If you dupe a champ on the artifact crystal will you get shards and sig lvls? Are there other rewards other than artifacts? Is there going to be a dungeons day?

They are not just Basic Versions of the Champions this time, and you will be able to get the full Signature Level bonus and Crystals Shards, ISO-8, and Gold from duplicating Champions this time.

You can earn Artifacts and Gold from the Milestones, and Gold from playing the Rooms.

At this time, we don't have a Dungeons day planned this time around, mostly because we want to know how players react and play with the regular events.
  • becauseicantbecauseicant Posts: 412 ★★★
    Huge shout out and thank you to the team for making the post explaining your design intentions and reasoning behind dungeons along with your plans for the future!!

Seriously this is a huge step in the right direction and is exactly the kind of thing we've been wanting as a community. The next step (and it looks like you've done this already a lot with dungeons) is to seriously consider and use our feedback to improve the game even further. It can very disheartening to spend a great deal of time and effort giving constructive feedback only to feel like it's being ignored time after time. If you can keep up this communication and commitment to letting us have an influential voice this game has a bright future.

Again, thank you for the insights!!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    Sorry if this is explained in the posts, there’s a lot to read. I see that Dark Artefacts will be permanent, great, what I’m asking is will the 5* crystal pools remain the same or will they change from each iteration of dungeons? Cheers.

It will remain the same for this entire 3 month period, but will likely change after that for any future iterations of Dungeons.

Nice! I’m glad to see that Sabretooth, bishop and sentinel (aka some of the newer champs) are in these crystals, I hope next time we can see Proxima, Corvus, IW Cap/Iron Man and perhaps korg, Heimdall and red skull are in the next crystals. Thanks for the answer.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I am really glad to see you guys have tried to be more open with us with regards to dungeons, I hope we can expect more of this in the future! I have mixed feelings on the decreased rewards because I was someone who thought the grind was too much last time, but I think it may be too little this time. Looking forward to them all the same, and I'm glad to see Blade is in the crystals.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    Huge shout out and thank you to the team for making the post explaining your design intentions and reasoning behind dungeons along with your plans for the future!!

Seriously this is a huge step in the right direction and is exactly the kind of thing we've been wanting as a community. The next step (and it looks like you've done this already a lot with dungeons) is to seriously consider and use our feedback to improve the game even further. It can very disheartening to spend a great deal of time and effort giving constructive feedback only to feel like it's being ignored time after time. If you can keep up this communication and commitment to letting us have an influential voice this game has a bright future.

Again, thank you for the insights!!

I'm really happy to hear that you like it! We want to continue doing things like that to give you all more insight into design intentions and just the goings on of the Dev team, and not just for retrospectives either!

If that insight was given for every decision made I guess we’d call that an ideal world! But seriously, I agree with becauseicant’s post completely. A huge step in the right direction, send the dev team our thanks for that.
  • TransTrans Posts: 12
    So will we be able to get a 5-star awakening gem this time around? or the only rewards from doing dungeons will be the artifacts
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Ugh just a single 5* crystal over 3 months does not sound worth it. It seems like the goal was to make dungeons feels more ‘optional’ and reducing the rewards certainly has done that. The daily milestone cap is reduced (I think?) so it should be less time per day, but I’ve always felt like the biggest time dump was just finding someone ready to play at the same time you are. Like if you speak to an alliance member or find a partner in a dungeon line chat, they might say gimme 5-10 mins and that time adds up into the overall reward for time investment structure. I also wish auto-matchmaking would’ve been addressed, matching partners to similar prestige or something because the current system is a nightmare.

Another change I was hoping for was some more challenging fights from dungeons. If the milestones were reduced, then there is no incentive to push past whatever room you get all milestones at and no incentive to really challenge yourself. I am hoping for some rare, once-in-a-while dungeon challenge where you get ranked based on how high of a room you and your partner complete. Now THAT would be interesting and fun. I am glad that the basic 5* crystals turned into full dupes and there are some good champs in those pools as well.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,494 ★★★★★
    As you will see when you get a chance to do them, these events are made to be very different and require less commitment/grind.

I really hope this is the case. I think this will determine the success of dungeons overall. It was just too much time commitment last time on top of everything else in the game.

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    1.9 5* crystal with 3 cycles of dungeons. That’s hurtful 😂😂
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Are the artifacts solely for buying crystals or will there be other items in the store to purchase? If so what items & costs?
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    So how much artifacts can you potentially earn in the first dungeon series meaning August 20th - September 3rd?
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    So how much artifacts can you potentially earn in the first dungeon series meaning August 20th - September 3rd?

17,510 I believe
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Jaded wrote: »

17,510 I believe

According to my calculations you can earn 1,030 per day and if it runs for 14 days for a total of 14,420
    edited August 2018
    Jaded wrote: »

17,510 I believe

According to my calculations you can earn 1,030 per day and if it runs for 14 days for a total of 14,420

Oh I read it ended sept 5th. My bad
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    So wait will we be able to buy a 5* this iteration or not? You said we could buy at least one but other peoples math says otherwise.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    So wait will we be able to buy a 5* this iteration or not? You said we could buy at least one but other peoples math says otherwise.

You will be able to buy 1 in the 3 month iteration. Not in the upcoming two week iteration.

Iteration.
  • NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★

You will be able to buy 1 in the 3 month iteration. Not in the upcoming two week iteration.

Iteration.

Ok that sucks.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    How many of each crystal can we purchase?

There is a limit of 1 for each of the the 5-Star Crystals. With these 3 iterations, you'll only get enough to purchase 1 single Crystal anyways, so choose very wisely, but for the future, you'll probably only be able to buy 1 as well, at least for the foreseeable future.

Thanks for checking into this for us!
    It should be 1 5* every iteration/cycle of dungeons. So what, increase milestones and points etc... 3 months for 1 5* just to pull a iron Patriot or spider-Gwen.
  • Tasty_Yum_YumsTasty_Yum_Yums Posts: 444 ★★★
    Perhaps we’ll get artifacts as apart of the AQ update or from other events....??
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Ace_03 wrote: »
    Will the crystals stay the same for all three events? And will you only be allowed to buy each crystal one time? There was a lot of confusion the first set. Im under the assumption that i can save all my artifacts till the third event and purchase 4 5* crystals assuming I max out on collecting them is this correct?

The crystals will not change, but you'll only be able to earn enough Artifacts for 1 5-Star Crystal during this whole series of Events. The Milestones that you see this time are not the same as what you'll get in the later iterations, as we'll be experimenting with different lengths of events as well.

So we got 3 crystals over 6 weeks last time, now we get 1 over 3 months? You guys really stepped your game up. Well done...

Yes and no... As you will see when you get a chance to do them, these events are made to be very different and require less commitment/grind. This is directly related to the feedback that we received from a lot of our players that felt that there was just too much work involved in Dungeons last time.

I would rather have them be as time consuming as before, but just for 2 weeks and get my full 5* crystal.

I think most players feel that way.

I wouldn't bet on that. There's no way to know how most players feel about dungeons since most don't publicly offer feedback, but the most common public complaint about them the last time was that they were too time consuming and required constant maximum effort to make reasonable use of the limited time currency.

If they continued to be as intensive as they were before, then I would either opt out if the rewards were skippable, or run them with disgust if the rewards were sufficiently lucrative.
  • GenLeeGenLee Posts: 5
    v51ft70ustyx.png
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,169 ★★★★★
    Awesome possum. Glad they're back. Good changes. Thanks guys.