**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

If the 3.1 symbioid is this game now I’m done...

rtilghmanrtilghman Posts: 37
edited August 2018 in General Discussion
I can fully appreciate “hard” content, and I’m fully prepared to have to use resources to beat certain guys, especially when I mess up. However, the symbioid boss in 3.1 in enter the cabal is ridiculous, infuriating, and a naked excuse to force pretty much everyone to purchase units and potions.

I’ve got a 5* and 6* team that can handle most game content, including gp, voodoo, Hyperion, and km. I’ve beaten chapter 5, I’ve beaten all the game content except for legends, and I literally just burned about $40 just beating that one dude.

Power gain every 6 seconds? Super regeneration ever 15 seconds? Bleed AND poison immune? With unblockable sa1? With unstoppable after every sa? And throw in he’s completely unblockable for the last 20%? In a guy with a 35k pi? This isn’t “event quest” content, this is top end legend level content that you should “choose” to try, not stuff you “have” to complete to get any of the resources you need to level your guys in anything short of 6 months. Oh, and please excuse the fact that this synbioid maintains his unblockable ability even after his regen pushes him back over the limit.

Red Skull is hard, by he’s not even half as hard as this guy, and at least with red skull there’s some kind of strategy involved... like don’t hit his block, intercept and bait, work him down. The strategy for the symbioid? Try to intercept him and hit him as much as you can before he spontaneously regents or powergains and starts shooting death rays at you.

Insulting Kabaam... straight up naked insulting. There’s no way I can fully explore this uncollected tier without spending some obscene level of cash, and it’s a slap in the face after all the time, effort, and cash we’ve spent to play and level our guys to throw someone like that in an event quest.

Disgusted is probably the best word I can use to describe such a brazen grab for cash. If this is the plan for mcoc going forward you can count this long term player out.

Rt

Comments

• Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Domino was worse on the last 2 paths I did with red skull uncollected. Haven’t started 5.3 or 5.4 at all.

Used all 4* R5 to get me to symbiote and red skull in uncollected EQ and one shot both of them each time with 3* duped Ronan sig 5.

I took Ronan up just for this and usedba 3* cosmic gem. Was well worth it. Screw domino on buffet though. She was a pain for my team as I have no counters and had to power through with stark and watch him die for no reason over and over why she healed for 8k over and over in the process.
  • Options
    SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    I haven't done exploration yet, but I beat both the adaptoid and Red Skull in Uncollected using a 3* sig 99 Ronan. Took a few hits, and my team wasn't great so getting there was a little tricky, but his stun made it easy after the first SP1.
  • Options
    RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    Adaptoid is easier than red skull trust me, esp when he fires iron man specials..cant get easier than that!!

Just get ronan to 1 bar of power and literally its button mashing fron there

If your spending money your not doing something right!!
  • Options
    Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    Two words:
    Duped. Ronan.
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    You've got a 5* and 6* team, yet you're complaining about 2 bosses that can be beaten with a 3* Ronan.
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Ronan is the easiest way.
    But soooo many other champs can take him. Bring a Magik, pop a couple L3’s.
    Restart the quest if needed. Refills are cheaper than revives..
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Skill you need skill bro.

Ronan doesn’t take skill bro.
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    When you made all Content, including ROL you got a Ronan. Just Awake him and your fine.
    Many Teammates with 500+K Rating are going for ROL now because its quicker to do so then use a 3*.

Why you Think the Forum is full of ROL requests since Cabal EQ?
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    gou3im8pk158.jpg

Idk RoL took me longer then this fight
  • Options
    I gave up
  • Options
    Shaun01Shaun01 Posts: 249 ★★
    To many people are just plain stubborn when it comes to the game. Instead of backing out and going to the community for help they insist on powering through. There's many counters, many. Ronan requires zero skill and just a bit of luck. Do your research before spending and complaining. ..

The More You Know****
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I took him with a 4* medusa. Others do it with 2*/3* Ronan :joy:
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Sigh...

i did it with a 4* ronan, 3* ronan. Could've used a 2*, but didn't want to waste my time when i saw someone did it.

Medusa also works when you get his armor shattered.

This is such an OLD rant. I would suggest searching the forums before ranting in them about specific champs and how hard they are to beat.
  • Options
    Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    I used my 4* Medusa to beat him, after armor shatter she shuts down ALL robotic abilities, and Magik, L2 then L3 then L2, etc and with MD at at least 4. I don't have a duped 4 or 5 star Ronan but he is the cheat code here.
  • Options
    Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    No one forced you to use any game items or spend money, you chose to not do any research on this event quest and you clearly have the roster/options to do it fine. This is on you man, kabam made it fun and different. This would be the equivalent of my running through the infinity war quest to Thanos, spending money and dying, and not doing any research or checking the forums or Reddit before.
  • Options
    KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    I'm glad Kabam still gives us fights that can be beaten just with skill. Us gamers love some challenge.

Having said that, this adaptoid doesn't have SP3, his specials are one of the easiest to evade and on top of it, he can be parried.

If you are a gamer, you will figure out how to beat him without revives.
    If you are not...you will come to whine on forum.

I beat him with a 3* Starlord as it helps to practice focus and concentration.
  • Options
    JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Just do this a few times, easy peasy. 3* 4/40 sig 99. Very cheap investment if you don’t have it maxed already.

3bz8g4cplijz.png

I think this complaint has run its course.
  • Options
    NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    3x6t91jtgkl9.png
    This works too.
  • Options
    HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    I think many people just don't realize what OP is telling or are too full of themselves because they managed to oneshot it with a 3* Ronan. Here is what I think.

Last two Uncollected were easy and sales from revives and such must have been low. Damn, there was a way to kill that Ghost with a 2* Electro (with some synergies) but that «exploit» was not even needed, since the fight was easy. Sales dropped and they decided to step it up this time: Heimdall, Adaptoid and Red Skull are much harder than the correspondent bosses from last month, agreed?

They put a Adaptoid boss that has power gain, regeneration, physycal resistance when struck, unstoppable on SP and, even better, unblockable when below 25% health. It was supposed to be hard and it was! For the first time, I saw Seatin struggle on his first run. Then he remember to use Ronan and he one shot him.

I bet at that time some developer went «Ups!» Because I don't believe they intended it to happen! To add insult to injury, Ronan can also be used against Red Skull! If they tested properly they would have foreseen it and replaced all those buffs with a single mega-buff, which would make Ronan useless, and only the truly skilled would have done it without revives and potions. As we know how testing is done, it went live and now I guess it's a sales disaster.

So, stop your I-one-shot-him-with-Ronan bragging and your get-good bs and think. They are not here to entertain us, but make life easy on us, but to make money (totally legit, it's a company, they would close doors if didn't make a profit). And they failed on these last 3 events. I hope I am wrong, but I can only assume next couple of events will be very hard.