**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

#getridofgold

Personally I think gold is a completely stupid part of the game. There are so many different types of "currency" where having gold just doesn't make sense.

•Units
•Gold
•Battle Chips
•Loyalty
•Glory
•XP (For those under rank 60)
•Basic Catalysts*
•Class Catalysts*
•Alpha Catalysts*
•Basic ISO*
•Class ISO*
•Event Currency (Pym Particles, Rocket's Junk, etc.)

They should get rid of gold completely IMO. I don't know of anyone who purchases gold crystals so it's not like Kabam would lose out on anything there. It's just a pointless currency that you either get a ridiculous amount of or have none of. No middle ground.

If we get rid of gold it can be replaced with something else in crystals that contain it like ISO, Catalyst fragments, or units. I just feel like with everything we do in the Contest, gold just doesn't seem to fit in. It may have been an appropriate currency when the game first started, but I do not feel it has a place here anymore.

Side Note: I have plenty of gold right now. I usually do. This isn't posted because I can't rank a champ or something because I don't have gold. It's just been on my mind for a while now and has recently been brought up by a few who wanted to have the gold realm come back during Summoner Appreciation Week. Seemed like the appropriate time to bring this up.

#getridofgold

* - I understand these aren't actual "currency", but it's just one more thing you need to obtain to rank a champion in addition to gold.

Comments