**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Did not receive any alert about the previous Stark Assignment.

EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
edited July 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
At around 9:00 PM EST there was a new Stark Assignment happening, yet while I was playing the game at the time I received no notification about it. While I'm aware that there was mention that there would not be a surplus of notifications to avoid annoying players, it is disappointing to see that no sort of even in-game alert was made about this. I completely missed the event, even though I was playing during those 2 hours.

Not even an in-game mail alerting me to a new Assignment was made. Because of the small duration of the event, matched with the limit on energy within the game, it would be much better if these ran on 8 hour cycles for players to anticipate, or at least be able to access with knowledge about. As they are right now, if I can't be alerted to them even while I'm playing, I'm missing out on potential rewards.

If the duration won't be expanded, then there deserves to be a prompt about it similar to how Alliance War and Alliance Quest have a pop-up alert when a War or Quest begins or ends.

Comments

• K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    I disagree. I like the fact that they didn't put in another popup notification. It's really not so hard to tap event quests every once in a while to see if there's a new one, especially if you're playing the game, as you said...
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    If you're playing a quest it does not show. Please re-read what I posted.
  • BreenioBreenio Posts: 115
    I'm sure I read in one of the official posts that there would be a countdown timer showing when the next stark quest was gonna be. I've checked in periodically since the new quest started and I've not seen a stark event or a timer.
    I read it, I comprehended it, I disagreed.
  • NoobeeusNoobeeus Posts: 332 ★★
    In the release notes they said it would be announced on twitter only....

do some reading, join twitter, stop crying.
    Op tells someone to read, when reading comprehension is the reason the thread exists. Gold. Gold, Jerry.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    There are no In-Game Notifications. Only the Feed on the Home Screen. If you want to be notified you'll have to follow them on Twitter.
  • EbbtideEbbtide Posts: 292 ★★
    K1lltastic wrote: »
    Op tells someone to read, when reading comprehension is the reason the thread exists. Gold. Gold, Jerry.

If you play this game, you would know that energy gets used in quests. If you're stuck in a quest, waiting for energy, you cannot check event quests or open other quests in that same category. You can only continue the quest you're in. The very way to check it requires you to be out of a quest to do so.

I've explained that in the first post. A simple alert via pop-up or in-game mail is something that lets players decide if they should finish a quest to get to the Assignment. What I wrote is very simple, yet somehow you decided to ignore all of that to be obnoxious.
    There are no In-Game Notifications. Only the Feed on the Home Screen. If you want to be notified you'll have to follow them on Twitter.

Unfortunately, this doesn't always work. I checked the main page a few times during that time to go back to different menus, and that image was not showing. It did show the first time, but the second Assignment had no new alert on the main page for it. Another person posted about that on reddit, that in some cases if you're already in the main game as the Stark Assignment starts you won't always get the updated screen. So even if players try to check that way there is potential for them to miss it.
  • Get info bot.
    Ebbtide wrote: »
    K1lltastic wrote: »

If you play this game, you would know that energy gets used in quests. If you're stuck in a quest, waiting for energy, you cannot check event quests or open other quests in that same category. You can only continue the quest you're in. The very way to check it requires you to be out of a quest to do so.

I've explained that in the first post. A simple alert via pop-up or in-game mail is something that lets players decide if they should finish a quest to get to the Assignment. What I wrote is very simple, yet somehow you decided to ignore all of that to be obnoxious.

Unfortunately, this doesn't always work. I checked the main page a few times during that time to go back to different menus, and that image was not showing. It did show the first time, but the second Assignment had no new alert on the main page for it. Another person posted about that on reddit, that in some cases if you're already in the main game as the Stark Assignment starts you won't always get the updated screen. So even if players try to check that way there is potential for them to miss it.

I wasn't being obnoxious, I disagreed, but I'll be obnoxious now, so you can see the difference. I'm responsible for what I say, not what you understand. They said there won't be in game popups. You directly said you wanted in game popups. Your entire idea revolves around the fact that you can't do something because you can't, while everyone else is perfectly fine doing it. In essence, shut the hell up, and play the game, instead of complaining about it. Howbowdah?

You see how discourse works? Need me to break down informal conversation for you, next, big guy?
    Go check Twitter.

Mods, close thread. He now knows where to find the info.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I got a notification on the one that started about 80 minutes ago. That definitely was nice.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    We shouldn't use a third party thing (twitter, infobot, a friend, anything) for fill a hole that could and should be done for the app itself.
  • NotSOLGarionNotSOLGarion Posts: 37
    edited July 2017
    Don't use infobot if you don't want to. Maybe you don't like line, 3rd part stuff, extra apps, or whatever. No skin off my back. But not to use it on principal that the game should be perfect when 3rd patyy app solves a problem that is being complained about seems silly. Not like not using it on principal will encourage Kabam to imp ove the app. Ever wonder why almost ALL alliances use a third party messaging app of some kind? Contest could and should have better in game chat, but it doesn't. Facts is facts.

I was just proposing a solution NOW to an issue being complained about. But continuing to complain about it works too.