**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino block break

Hey @Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Lyra @Kabam Zibiit why is Domino still breaking blocks with ordinary attacks? We just lost attack bonus against a war boss because she broke my block with the second hit of her medium and chain stunned me to death. I had her at 1% health. ONE. PERCENT. That’s bad enough considering I have points in assassin mastery, which has seemingly been broken forever, 75% of fights end up with the opponent at 1%. But I’m rambling. When are you going to actually fix this and not just say you did? I know you “pushed a fix” like a month ago, but there’s obviously a bunch of us still having this problem, and it’s greatly affecting the most competitive game mode. The hela bug got fixed within a day because it was beneficial, this bug has been going for months and you still can’t fix it? Starting to feel like you as a company really just don’t care as long as you’re making $ hand over fist.

Comments

• BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @Enigma50 yeah dude, I know that. That’s not what happened here and to others. I’m well aware that you can’t dash back on her medium, which is why I stand there and hold block through the combo and try to bait her heavy. The problem is that occasionally while doing that, your block disappears and you get stunned from a perfect hit.
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Offensively I have never broken a block with my domino. I am waiting to see videos of people doing it on attack and that may ultimately resolve if there is any sort of user error and help Kabam better address the issue if it exists
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    There have been videos fighting against her. And how often do you just stand there throwing combos into a blocking opponent?
    edited August 2018
    Link me a video showing persons thumbs fighting against her. Showing a video without that doesn’t really show much. Now the poster mentioning perfect hit and stunning - is her “breaK” always resulting in a stun if so then question may be can she crit through block and that is triggering her stun and you drop block due to stun

Also I often do mediums into a block as AI likes to stand there with their block up so you try to get them to counter after you smack their block a few times
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    The hela bug got fixed within a day because it was beneficial, this bug has been going for months and you still can’t fix it?

Sorry but the technology to fix your imagination doesn't exist yet.
    @TacoScotty I get where you’re coming from with your first post, but let’s be honest here. How many times have you seen the AI pull things off that users just aren’t able to do? Evading the second hit of a heavy after the first hit lands, auto blocking heavies, stand your ground mastery triggering parry, and other shenanigans. In a normal game where the user and AI have to play by the same rules, your point is perfectly logical, but this game has proven to be consistently imperfect in that aspect. As for your second point, I honestly don’t fight domino often. This was a first for me in war, I do path 3 and she just isn’t ever in my way. The few times I’ve fought her in quests, yes, when it does happen it results in a stun. So perhaps you’re right and she is hitting perfect crits through a block triggering stun. I hadn’t thought of that. We won the war anyway, I was just salty that the fight ended the way it did. For how competitive War is, you’d hope the game would function as close to perfect as possible at least just in that mode.
    There are things players do that AI doesn’t so it sort of go both ways. I bring up never seeing it since when BW could break blocks as a player you noticed that when attacking. That being said I am curious about stun thing. Corvus is the only character that explicitly states that I recall that can crit on a block. However now that they enabled show crits on blocks I am see Yondu get it on his L2, cyclops I think saw on his special.. etc I will have to test when I have time to see if I ever see critical notification on domino when I attack into block. I am curious if block penetration has more consequences / perks then just doing more damage on blocks
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Check Dorky Dave video on it
  • krauserhuntkrauserhunt Posts: 365 ★★
    I was a huge advocate of this block break bug and I did extensive research, fought a lot of Domino.

My conclusion is also that she DOES NOT break it, we just try to swipe back (unconciously) and get hit. Honestly, I dont even try to block anymore, I fight her as stun immune always and just try parry when she's dashing from far away.

The character could be coded wrong in some situations, I just prefer to play around it.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited August 2018
    @TacoScotty I get where you’re coming from with your first post, but let’s be honest here. How many times have you seen the AI pull things off that users just aren’t able to do? Evading the second hit of a heavy after the first hit lands, auto blocking heavies, stand your ground mastery triggering parry, and other shenanigans. In a normal game where the user and AI have to play by the same rules, your point is perfectly logical, but this game has proven to be consistently imperfect in that aspect. As for your second point, I honestly don’t fight domino often. This was a first for me in war, I do path 3 and she just isn’t ever in my way. The few times I’ve fought her in quests, yes, when it does happen it results in a stun. So perhaps you’re right and she is hitting perfect crits through a block triggering stun. I hadn’t thought of that. We won the war anyway, I was just salty that the fight ended the way it did. For how competitive War is, you’d hope the game would function as close to perfect as possible at least just in that mode.

Gonna throw some insight for you here...
    How many times have you seen the AI pull things off that users just aren’t able to do?

Evading the second hit of a heavy after the first hit lands
    I have a spiderman who does this all the time

auto blocking heavies,
    I've had medusa do this

stand your ground mastery triggering parry
    You can do this as well. For example, let hyperion do his first hit of the heavy, and then perfectly time it as he's dashing into you on the second. you will trigger parry if you do it correctly. No one does this though, it's an unnecessary gamble but I have tested it.

and other shenanigans
    I used to think what was labeled as a "run down" was impossible to perform as a player but it is. if you wiff your first attack with a light, and they dash back, you can dash in on your second attack and continue your combo.

I also used to think that the AI could perform an extended combo but that's not the case either. I just sometimes suck so bad that at the end of their combo, they just do another one as I'm trying to recover. I can do this with Gwen pool, just keep my combo going if I stun them through the process.

I've never had Domino break my block if i hold my block. I've duel her daily, and initially it happened all the time. Now, I did notice there was a lag once, maybe twice, where their would be a spike and next thing you know im dead, but never a normal stand-a-lone block break.
    I’ve not once seen or heard of a user controlled champ evading the second half of a heavy after getting hit by the first, and I’ve discussed it with several others. I use sparky daily and he’s never done it. I use Medusa daily and she’s never auto blocked a heavy, granted I just don’t usually get tagged with one to begin with. And I don’t have stand your ground because of the reason above^. Regardless of any of this, I’m done with this thread. Obviously Kabam doesn’t care enough to even pop in and say “you’re wrong, and here’s why”. Not sure why I was foolish enough to hope in the first place. Insert earth shattering facepalm emoji.
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    I’ve not once seen or heard of a user controlled champ evading the second half of a heavy after getting hit by the first, and I’ve discussed it with several others. I use sparky daily and he’s never done it. I use Medusa daily and she’s never auto blocked a heavy, granted I just don’t usually get tagged with one to begin with. And I don’t have stand your ground because of the reason above^. Regardless of any of this, I’m done with this thread. Obviously Kabam doesn’t care enough to even pop in and say “you’re wrong, and here’s why”. Not sure why I was foolish enough to hope in the first place. Insert earth shattering facepalm emoji.

I am kabam and I can say you are wrong. Happy?
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

Wow you sure proved your case with your "I've heard that something unrelated happened sometimes, so my theory must be true" argument. Are you a lawyer?

Now go do what the guy above said: watch Dorky Dave's video that proves you are wrong, and accept that you are wrong. Only then can the healing begin.
    And the award for unnecessarily being a condescending **** goes to... @AxeCopFire *hearty applause* Also your critique of my claim doesn’t make sense in context.