**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is Road to Labrynth supposed to be super hard?

I mean, I probably just need to get good haha but MAN.. This 1% damage per attack really hurts me. Regen and bleed champs seem to be the most effective so far. Any advice I can get from my fellow summoners?

Comments

• Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I was UC for quite a while before I beat RTL if that tells you anything.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    Yes. I have Hyperion, Wolverine, Elektra, Star-Lord, all awakened and at 5/50 and I am still struggling.

Need to get gud.
  • Options
    RoyalPlasmaRoyalPlasma Posts: 73
    JC_ wrote: »
    It is waaaay harder than the rewards indicate.

Crossbones is a good option because he bypasses the node..also bleeders are great. X23 and AA work wonders in there.

Ah, yeah I'm realizing now how many good champs I don't have haha. Crossbones, AA, Wolverine, X23...
  • Options
    winterthur wrote: »
    Yes. I have Hyperion, Wolverine, Elektra, Star-Lord, all awakened and at 5/50 and I am still struggling.

Need to get gud.

How far are you? I'm about to start the last mission of chapter 3. Totally scared to open up chapter 4 😅
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Nah it’s not that hard.

When it was introduced, it was designed to be cleared by a team of 4* 5/50s and 4* 4/40s.
  • Options

Need to get gud.

How far are you? I'm about to start the last mission of chapter 3. Totally scared to open up chapter 4 😅

I completed Chapter 3.
  • Options
    Haha wait till you get to labyrinth

On a serious note though Ability Accuracy reducers are your best friend for bypassing safeguard so GP, CB, Blade, etc. or get the Pacify mastery to reduce Ability Accuracy while opponents are stunned and hit an SP2 with SL and hope that it bypasses safeguard.

That is why Labyrinth is still locked. :)

Star-Lord's special 2 is pushing the Champ to 3 bars of power. :s
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★

Need to get gud.

Don't necessarily be scared, but be prepared: Chapter 4 requires you to have a decent grasp on intercepting and evading. The better you are at those two things, the better off you will be.

Chapter 4 is a mode where I found Iceman to simply be indispensable for the Nightcrawlers. Wolverine or X-23 definitely have value. A Magik or Vision will be useful.

Some people find it easier than others. There are definitely some annoying, specific fights. But on the whole, it's definitely doable with 4/40 and 5/50s, if your skills are maybe just a tick or two above intermediate -- I mean, there are a lot of people who aren't amazing at intercepting. But If you are in Chapter 4, a player should really have Evading and baiting specials down cold

• Options
    Yeah so I have no champs mentioned so far..

I've been running LC, Sabretooth, Medusa, Sparkey, and GR. Anyone there decent for it?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I have big difficulty against Spite.
    :'(
  • Options
    Yeah so I have no champs mentioned so far..

I've been running LC, Sabretooth, Medusa, Sparkey, and GR. Anyone there decent for it?

Actually, yeah -- that's not bad for a huge, huge chunk of what you are gonna face. You don't have a pure power control character like Magik, which would help some, but those are some pretty useful characters in there for the vast majority of those fights -- that Medusa is gonna come in real handy

• Options
    KngSpcKngSpc Posts: 53
    Rogue is incredible for most quests in chapter 4
  • Options
    I have big difficulty against Spite.
    :'(

Yeah...with who you mentioned you are running, you would. That can be a tough go, with Hyperion and Wolverine as your mains

• Options
    JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I wouldn’t touch it if you find yourself having to use items.

The rewards are awful, and if you are running 4 stars you aren’t really ready for LOL anyway.

The right champs make it way easier, so if you don’t have them I wouldn’t stress yourself out over not being able to finish.
  • Options
    Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    I wouldn't say its too hard. Logically its honestly way to easy. Its suppose to be the "road to LoL" which features champs with hero ratings of 200k, with health pools of like 3m. Only doing 1% damage at a time is far from what you will expect from the actual labyrinth.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    edited August 2018
    I've found this a really interesting thread. Nice to see people admitting content is challenging! And @Cryptic_Cobra makes an interesting point about Safeguard.

Much like @winterthur, I've done chapters 1-3 and then stopped (a long time ago). I went to concentrate on becoming Uncollected; and just struggling to get momentum to take on chapter four.

Seeing the issues I'd be facing in Chapter 4, I did grind for Crossbones 4* a while back; so I've got him as a 4/40 in preparation, and was planning to 5/50 him. However I've picked up Blade and (finally) Hawkeye as 4* champs in the meantime and am trying to decide who's best for RTTL. I've got generic Awakening gems for Blade, if needs be.

What do you think? Crossbones or Blade? Or (outside contender) maybe Hawkeye for his brilliance at Power Control?
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I need to get gud and I see it easier to have a power control champ to deal with Spite.

So, rank Hawkeye for you.

• Options
    People have mentioned evasion, and a couple of my favourite mutants above as well. If you had the choice of using Awakened 4-stars of Rogue, Iceman and Psylocke; or Unawakened 5* X-23 or Nightcrawler, who would you take?
  • Options
    Should be Psylocke still. I am too bias toward a power control champ.
  • Options
    People have mentioned evasion, and a couple of my favourite mutants above as well. If you had the choice of using Awakened 4-stars of Rogue, Iceman and Psylocke; or Unawakened 5* X-23 or Nightcrawler, who would you take?

Just me, but awakened Iceman, if your evasion/baiting/interception game is on point, can save you lots of pain and suffering. Again, it's not all doom and gloom. Hawkeye can have some good moments, Rogue and Psylocke -- especially Rogue, as mentioned above -- have very real value.

But of the six chapters, when I went on my run, Iceman was in five of them and the MVP on at least two of them

• Options
    The reason why your Intercept game has to be on point is Thanos -- IIRC, every one is either stun immune or has kinetic reactor, or both. There's also a Rhino in there who, again if my memory is correct, who is stun immune and maybe has safeguard -- again, my memory might be off, but i think that is right.

You basically have to be able to evade, bait and intercept Thanos to get him down, unless you are really into using revives, because of the kinetic reactor. His power gain and durability mean you have to fight him with at least some skill
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Yeah, I'm working with fairly modest skill (and tenacity). Not top drawer. If I was really good, I might go with Psylocke as she's got the potential to effectively power lock (almost) the entire fight; and reduce Ability Accuracy (incl. Spiked Armour) a lot whilst she does it.

But I suspect my skill level isn't that good yet. I might use some of the rest of the month to practice, having cleared most levels of the EQ.

• Options
    Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    It’s partially a test of skill, partially a test of your roster, and a heavy test of your patience.