**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Did 14.0 give autofight AI a traumatic brain injury (TBI)?

Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★
Is it just me, or is the player autofight AI now completely inept? Did you all make the autofight AI dumber with the most recent update? I've had to turn off autofight in the middle of several fights on some very easy quest modes because the autofight AI was literally just standing there taking a beating, making no attempt to fight back. I completely understand that players are going to be more effective than autofight, but this is just ridiculous.

Comments

• DD2DD2 Posts: 309 ★★★
    I noticed this too!

Our AI takes a beating against the computer now. Kabam making changes and not telling us??
  • Billybob1971Billybob1971 Posts: 113
    I have never used it to be honest
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    Husky54 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is the player autofight AI now completely inept? Did you all make the autofight AI dumber with the most recent update? I've had to turn off autofight in the middle of several fights on some very easy quest modes because the autofight AI was literally just standing there taking a beating, making no attempt to fight back. I completely understand that players are going to be more effective than autofight, but this is just ridiculous.

It's not just you, others including me have noticed it aswell and it defiantly seems like they have gotten dumber and more passive while the enemy ai has gotten way more aggressive. I also have to turn off the auto fight a lot to because of it.

I get that it's not supposed to be as good as the human player but it defiantly needs to be competent. They shouldn't just stand there and get their faces pummeled, they shouldn't get their ass handed to them by enemies way weaker than themselves.

It seems like something is going on with our ai and when coupled with what's being reported on by other players kabam should take a hard look at the ai on both sides and make some changes some of which they promised to fix but havent.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Yes, this is definitely occuring. I've just turned on auto fight against champs about the same level as me while I go get a drink or something. I come back, and I'm dead. The enemy still has half health. Really?
  • Tmasters1984Tmasters1984 Posts: 451
    edited July 2017
    Why would you use autofight when your PI is less than who you're fighting?

It's not designed for that. It's designed so grinding through low level dailies isn't a chore.

It's not designed for that. It's designed so grinding through low level dailies isn't a chore.

Why use auto fight at all? It's easier. Duh.

If your rating is 200 less than the opponent, you would expect that the AI should at least get about 1/2 of the kill. You could then let your other guys go to town, doing less damage, but 4 times. I do it all the time at the end of quests. I go do something quickly while an auto fight is going. If they don't die, I just start it again with another champ. If I get to my last 2 guys, I take over so I don't risk the whole quest, but it's not completely stupid to use auto fight like that.
  • GunzoGunzo Posts: 719 ★★
    The autofight is ALWAYS useless, I don't use it
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    It's always been basic. It's not really intended to be effective in anything past a certain point. You can even see the Probability Meter go up when you take it off. I don't use it past Heroic. Sometimes not even for 3.2.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Yep, my guys are getting killed on heroic quests now. It's much worse than it used to be.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    edited July 2017
    I can't even auto fight with

NC 5/50
    classic spider (Duped) 5/50
    Hulk (Duped) 5/50
    Wolverine (Duped) 4/40
    Magik (Duped) 5/50

Anymore in Heroic!

I'd TEAR it up back in the last few months with them
  • Husky54Husky54 Posts: 244 ★★

And that's where I use it--through low level stuff, and for some reason my champs are getting knocked around, just standing there letting the opponent rack up 20-30 hit combos until I have to step in and turn the autofight off.
  • If you don't have at least double rating over opponent and are using AI then you are doing it wrong. Before or after update.
  • phillybookwomanphillybookwoman Posts: 17
    I was using my Vision who is at 4100 value and fighting Rhino at 1900. I used AI to manage the fight and went for a drink. Came back to Vision having lost and Rhino had 40% of his health left. This is TERRIBLE. 14.0 update needs serious AI correction. :o
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 ★★
    Bigtime change in auto fight I agree. It's actually aggravating to watch lol I know it's a convenience but come on. It's not like it's being used in arena or anything. We use this to complete stuff that's more of a hassle than anything. Who literally wants to fight beginner, normal and really some of lower levels of heroic. I would put mastery points in it if it was an option because I hate to waste time grabbing my phone for low lvl stuff when I could just tap the screen to start a fight.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Definitely noticed this as well. Don't know if autofight AI got dumber or enemy AI got better. Right now I'm averaging like 2-5 hits per enemy 20 hits. It used to be 10-15 hits per enemy 20 before.
    Definitely noticed this as well. Don't know if autofight AI got dumber or enemy AI got better. Right now I'm averaging like 2-5 hits per enemy 20 hits. It used to be 10-15 hits per enemy 20 before.

Both. The enemy AI now fights like BrutalDLX and the user AI fights like... they are Stunned.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,346 ★★★★★
    Yep, sight autofight now definitely doesn't use block or specials effectively, where it used to. Having said that, is meant to function as a labour-saving device for grinding through lower-level champs. Result: (1) make sure you've got at least 50% more PI than your opponent, and (2) don't ever use it against NC. Ever.
  • MonasouMonasou Posts: 142
    I dont expect to come out untouched in these fights where my 4500-5500 guy fights someone around 1700-2000. But having to turn off the AI because im looking at a 30 hit combo and an opponent that might be missing a sliver of HP from when they blocked my 1 or 2 attempts to attack is just wrong.

And watching the fights just pisses me off even more. Your champ cant count past 2 when it comes to consecutive hits. my R5 black widow will kick one time and then just sit there while an opponent chains multiple 5 hit combo's in a row.

Specials might as well not exist either. countless times watching them just sit there with a full 3 bars of power or throwing out melee range specials while they are split up across the entire map.

And good luck fighting anything that's close to your strength. you might hit them 3 times before you're dead.