**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Quite the dilemma...any Uncollecteds in the House?

Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
Lol I love making these titles to get people to look and help me out : ) . Anyways I’m at the collector quest, gonna take the yondu path (got LC for Mary Poppins) BUT....I don’t feel like I have a good collector counter. Gimme some help pls. I have 1 4* Cosmic and 1 4* Science Gem on me. Pretty low on gold but that can be remedied. 5vfvvkimwv2f.png
460yz6cvx5ih.png
uqgmifw8sa1x.png
w5ktnjgztpm8.png
9l8trde6wa0g.png
pjkd2zzd6608.png

Comments

• JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Use any stun lock champion, high damage champ or special evading champion. And then bring a bunch of revives. You’ll get it eventually.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    You're gonna have a hard time with the Collector. Make sure you boost up as much as you can. For him, I'd suggest bringing 5* OG Hulk and 5* NC. NC can potentially evade the Collector's Sp1, and you can use Lv1 or Lv2 revives on Hulk so he can do plenty damage when Hulk Smash activates. Hyperion could do some good damage too before he dies to a Sp1.

Once you can reach the Collector without having to revive plenty, then you should be ok. Watch your unit stash though, it could go down fast if you're not careful. Good luck!
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    I found most champions pretty much the same against him. It was more use all champs. Do as much damage as I can before I die. Then revive cause he kills quick. I had only 3 rank 5, 4* champs and 2 rank 4. Less than half the units you currently have so, I’d say you can probably do it. I know high sig daredevil classic and stark spidey are pretty good for evading that first special. But I had neither of those so I’d just take your top 5 champs.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    So my thoughts for counters with who I have are: GP just cause of the quick damage output,
    Hyperion for damage and maybe stun,
    AA for tenacity proofing and DoT (less power gained),
    Dorm for power control,
    Luke Cage for one freebie,
    Hulk for stun lock and 20% revive,
    Hood for invisibility,
    Hawkeye/ AoU for power control,
    Thor for maybe guaranteed parry? (Someone said he can only shrug one debuff off at a time)
    edited September 2018
    Guys I would rather have a COUNTER than just revive revive revive. My roster should be good enough that I don’t need to use too many. Oh yeah btw does anyone know where the video that someone breaks down the AI of the collector? I looked for that for straight 30 min and couldn’t find it. I thought it was by Joel line or DDD but I couldn’t find it on their channels.
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    St. Francisco has some awesome guides on Act 5 on Reddit. Just Google it.
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    St. Francisco has some awesome guides on Act 5 on Reddit. Just Google it.

@Solrac_2 I’ve actually already been using his guide. He doesn’t rlly say anything that applies to me cause I don’t have OG DD duped and definitely not enough sig stones.
  • There isn’t really a counter to the collector per se, you’re going to take damage, and lose people. Just heroes that make it slightly easier. I used Medusa, star lord, and void all 4/40, quake and killmonger, 5/3. I had to revive my team twice. You can’t rely on much because as the fight goes on, he gradually decreases your ability accuracy, on top of everything else. Also, with his HP, if he transfers bane to you, you’re basically dead immediately. Just try to take people that hit hard or can control his power if you have. That’s my advice. I just took my best people and it worked well for me. I already had the two 40% team revives in the inventory, didn’t cost me a thing
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    The only “counters” the community can even partially agree on are as followed

Duped Hulk. You’re still gonna revive… a lot. But my “gamma” strat basically means that a boost and a 20% rev with a single potion (and good heavy baiting) and you’ll be able to consistently get some amazing damage off each time. 40% and heavy baiting means you can do that to his Sp3 if you got the stones

Duped Classic Daredevil 99 sig. you’ll probably survive a few special attacks before his AAR decides to play dirty.

Duped Vision (AoU) basically plays the same as Daredevil Classic but a higher emphasis on heavy baiting. And once that AAR comes in it’s gonna be a wild ride to the morgue

And, of course, we have the Stark Enhanced Spider-Man angle. Basically a cross between Daredevil Classic and Hulk. Bait some poise, hit him hard, hopefully survive at least 1 special, repeat
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Guys I would rather have a COUNTER than just revive revive revive. My roster should be good enough that I don’t need to use too many. Oh yeah btw does anyone know where the video that someone breaks down the AI of the collector? I looked for that for straight 30 min and couldn’t find it. I thought it was by Joel line or DDD but I couldn’t find it on their channels.

There is no one way to counter the collector. The closest thing is a Max sig OG daredevil cause he can evade all the collector specials
  • DOKTOROKTOPUSDOKTOROKTOPUS Posts: 1,501 ★★★
    your 1600 units are the perfect counter for the collector
    Ok I realized I didn’t quite phrase my questions accurately. I am aware of what the collector does and know there is no perfect counter, but I know 100% that LC works much better than SL.

What I’m asking is for some help choosing which partial counters to take. I’m already going to take Magik and LC for path clearing so I have 3 spots for the collector. I guess I’m asking what team to take. Thx
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    I would take NC, hulk and medusa...NC has a chance to evade specials,hulk gains massive attack and medusa is really good for burst damage..these are the best champs in ur roster for him..
    Duped vision is also a great option for.him cuz u can keep him power locked
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Not sure how well a 4* hyperion will do but when I went back to collector for 100% last month I used my 4/55 hype to crush the initial portion of the fight (before special attacks become unblockable)
    After that it was just spark and DD Classic mostly.
    If you have no way to evade his special attacks once he’s unblockable then you just have to block all his basic attacks to bait heavies and try and repeat this aslong as you can until he uses any kind of special
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    How about Thor Rag & Hulk? Use Hulk but when he dies use a small revive so he will be lower than 25% so you get his massive fury and Thor's synergy will make Hulk indestructible for 5sec which will allow you to eat a special and continue fighting.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    5* Hype is god)
    also I believe you can use void, vision or HE to avoid him using sps. did it a while ago, don't remember exact buffs he had, but those are good anyway
    Do y’all think it would be worth it to take my r1 Rags for hulk? He doesn’t have any real offensive abilities unduped, but idk if it’s worth using a spot for a synergy
  • DshuDshu Posts: 1,503 ★★★★
    If you plan to solo collector with your roster good luck. It's not a bad account but he is a completely different fight and with bane you will need revives. Good luck but soloing him with t hff at account is a pipe dream
    edited September 2018
    Dshu wrote: »
    If you plan to solo collector with your roster good luck. It's not a bad account but he is a completely different fight and with bane you will need revives. Good luck but soloing him with t hff at account is a pipe dream

I don’t plan on soloing him, it has never been done. The best was 2 fights. I just want to minimize resource consumption with the guys I already have. I know I can take him without having to spend a ton (cause I have 320 free crystals and a stack of revs and pots) but I want to make smart plays so I don’t end up fighting like Seatin on his first run through (dying like 50x) if I can avoid it.

Edit: here are his abilities.
    octy7qla99wu.jpeg

I really appreciate all the help, but if you aren’t speaking from experience, or aren’t at least done with 5.3, please don’t give suggestions cause chances are, I’ve alreafy realized that and am checking with better players. Don’t mean to be rude, but I hope u get what I mean : )
  • Kobster84Kobster84 Posts: 2,898 ★★★★★
    I say if u boost up and use magik first try you could possibly get to your sp2 and then after that it’s easy until he getsr andom unstoppable
  • AraevinAraevin Posts: 15
    Can you post your masteries? PI of your champs looks really low. I would use LC to survive some specials if possible. Magik’s limbo can help if you can time it right and don’t die right away from an sp1 and have enough time to transfer bane back right after. GP can survive maybe one special, but she’s a great damage dealer. Rank up Hyperion if you can, he can help in the beginning before collector becomes stun immune. What sig level is your SW? Rank her up if she’s around 60. She hits like a truck before AAR kicks in. Most importantly if you’re using units for revives, buy team revives only — 2.5 of one champ <<<< 5 champs. If you’re using single revives from stash, then revive the champion you were able to deal most damage with in the first try. Good luck!
  • Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    Do y’all think it would be worth it to take my r1 Rags for hulk? He doesn’t have any real offensive abilities unduped, but idk if it’s worth using a spot for a synergy

I did in fact use Thor Rags (4* R4 duped) and a Hulk 4* R5 for the collector. It worked for me and minimized resources and since I had a ton of small revives saved, I didn't have to buy a single revive.

The Thor was there strictly for the synergy. Bottom line is you need to fill the other 3 spots with champs that can take you to the collector, if any of them have Hulk or Thor synergies, then bonus, otherwise the goal should be to do whatever it takes to last as long as possible against the collector while doing as much damage as possible.

I personally want to go back and try the Ghost/Hood synergy with my main acct and see if Hood can do some damage since he starts invisible, and still have another viable champ who takes no damage while phasing meaning if you time it right, the Collectors specials won't hurt Ghost.
  • Nickname207Nickname207 Posts: 241
    edited September 2018
    Dang you got a relatively good roster but when i kept searching your roster for the right counter for better chance to survive against the Collector, i can't find the perfect one.
    Imo, a duped Hulk (enables Hulk Smash when 25%) + 4*/5* Thor Rag synergy (makes Hulk indestructible when 20%) + Void synergy (gives Hulk a bar of power when 20%) is the best one for me.

I used that team, just a week ago to defeat Collector, with
    4/40 4* duped Hulk sig 20
    3/30 4* unduped Thor Rag (yep, 3/30, but just for synergy)
    5/50 4* duped Void
    5/50 4* duped Blade
    5/50 4* unduped GR
    I was fully prepared with 1800 units and 13 revives (both single and team), getting to the Collector without revives (but tried a lot and wasted a lot of refills, always remember refills is cheaper). Then fought the Collector, costed only 12 revives and no units spent. I got lucky too, but gotta admit the Collector cant kill my Hulk even with sp2/sp3, and i keep spamming sp.

What's unlucky is that you have 5* unduped Hulk and a 4* science gem but no 4* Hulk, and then 4* DD classic but unduped. I would recommend LC as your Collector killer. But i dont have him as a 4*, so im not sure how effective he could be, if i was in your shoes maybe i would still wait for a 4* Hulk lol, the appreciation buff is gone so no need to rush anyways.
    edited September 2018
    Araevin wrote: »
    Can you post your masteries? PI of your champs looks really low. I would use LC to survive some specials if possible. Magik’s limbo can help if you can time it right and don’t die right away from an sp1 and have enough time to transfer bane back right after. GP can survive maybe one special, but she’s a great damage dealer. Rank up Hyperion if you can, he can help in the beginning before collector becomes stun immune. What sig level is your SW? Rank her up if she’s around 60. She hits like a truck before AAR kicks in. Most importantly if you’re using units for revives, buy team revives only — 2.5 of one champ <<<< 5 champs. If you’re using single revives from stash, then revive the champion you were able to deal most damage with in the first try. Good luck!

I’m pretty sure my PI is low because I don’t run suicides. I’m thinking about spending 270 units to get assassin when I get him down that much. dnghh176ra5u.png
    na3nv0ifceon.png
    01d6fjdbtc76.png
    Admittedly, I don’t really utilize masteries that often...I could unlock precision and cruelty, but I might save them for limber or assassin

I guess taking points out of the 9 attack boost and putting them in cruelty and precision would t be a bad idea
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

I’m pretty sure my PI is low because I don’t run suicides. I’m thinking about spending 270 units to get assassin when I get him down that much. dnghh176ra5u.png
    na3nv0ifceon.png
    01d6fjdbtc76.png
    Admittedly, I don’t really utilize masteries that often...I could unlock precision and cruelty, but I might save them for limber or assassin

I guess taking points out of the 9 attack boost and putting them in cruelty and precision would t be a bad idea

yes, cruelty and precision must have
    petrify - you don't really need it
    max glass cannon. also courage, if you are going to use 20% hulk + ragthor way
    maxing pierce will also help to increase damage
    drop mutant class mastery. maybe same for md, md was good even before nerf only at 4/5 or 5/5

in general you might want to max dw if you use bleed champs
    Dshu wrote: »

I don’t plan on soloing him, it has never been done. The best was 2 fights. I just want to minimize resource consumption with the guys I already have. I know I can take him without having to spend a ton (cause I have 320 free crystals and a stack of revs and pots) but I want to make smart plays so I don’t end up fighting like Seatin on his first run through (dying like 50x) if I can avoid it.

Edit: here are his abilities.
    octy7qla99wu.jpeg

I really appreciate all the help, but if you aren’t speaking from experience, or aren’t at least done with 5.3, please don’t give suggestions cause chances are, I’ve alreafy realized that and am checking with better players. Don’t mean to be rude, but I hope u get what I mean : )

Sorry I guess you should post in the header that you only want skilled players and what the requirements are for them. For the record I'm finished 100% with act 5 but then again I'm probably not as skilled a fighter as you are

na3nv0ifceon.png
    01d6fjdbtc76.png

I just have to ask since you posted that you have already spoken to skilled players. Who helped you with your mastery setup and explained what role they play in the game. A basic attack tree should look something like this if you want to maximize damage and reduce pot useage
    rwbbs2x4nj8v.jpgbasic attack tree
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    First of all
    There is no right or wrong set up.

Prescision rank 5 has been proven and shown to have no practical benifit.
    Extensive testing of prescision at rank 4 and rank 5 has shown the exact same amount of crit hits are landed.
    It works out to be something like 1%. Out of 100 hits maybe you would gain 1 extra crit hit.
    Certainly not worthwile.

Rank 4 in precsion is all that is required
    Much thanks guys. NC Thor and most of all LC were the MVPs for collector.