**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New to game, tips and questions

Im new, and just wondering what heroes i should aim to get for each class, and who to upgrade, along with what advantages there are over each class, aswell as just general tips.

Question 1. Just curious how you can avoid special attacks? Some are ranged and i cant sidestep, which means its hard to avoid even if i block since blocks are not enough, as you still take damage.

Question 2. The main abilities for some heroes. Eg. Bleed, that kinda stuff.

Thanks for your help in advance :) Have a good one

Comments

• Options
    Supremeguy95Supremeguy95 Posts: 447
    Save up units. Get Parry and Dexterity from the masteries menu. Dexterity will help you avoid specials, ranged or melee.
  • Options
    IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    Try to build up your roster by grinding arenas. In the first 2 months you are in the beginner bracket, therefore obtaining the champs from the arenas is MUCH easier. This will also grant you units, battle chips (which allow you to buy arena crystals, which give you gold and more units) and crystal shards, which ultimately help you build your roster.

Masteries are very important. You need Dexterity to be able to evade specials. Parry also helps a lot.

VERY IMPORTANT: DO NOT spend units on "featured crystals". You will be very dissapointed, unless you're the very lucky kind.

As for champs. The only way to "aim" towards a certain champ is to grind for it in the arena. That's the only way to be certain of the champ you will get (provided you have enough points). Except for that, the crystal pulls are very random. All classes have very good champs as well as garbage champs. Your focus will most likely switch from one champ to another, depending on eventual pulls (unless you're so lucky that you pull all the very good champs from the beginning)

As for "main abilities", there are champs that inflict bleed damage. There are champs that rely on stacking fury buffs to build up their damage, etc. You can find this kind of info in the character information panel, for each character.

Good luck with the game, and if there's any other kind of info that you need, post it here :smile:
  • Options
    justin311justin311 Posts: 112
    You can't view them in-game. You can find lists pretty much anywhere on the internet though. Outside of dexterity/parry which has been said already, my 'upgrade' advice would be don't worry too much in the beginning about if you're upgrading the 'right' champ. All 2* and 3* will be irrelevant as you progress. Once you start opening 4* champs, then you need to be a little more selective with who you rank-up.

As far as class advantage......each class has an advantage over 1 other. This advantage increases your attack, while decreasing theirs. In the beginning, I tried to rank up someone from each class so I could always have a class advantage in quests and this helped me a bunch.
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    justin311 wrote: »
    As far as class advantage......each class has an advantage over 1 other.

Agreed with everything you said, just thought I'd add:

Skill has advantage over Science.
    Science has advantage over Mystic.
    Mystic has advantage over Cosmic.
    Cosmic has advantage over Tech.
    Tech has advantage over Mutant.
    Mutant has advantage over Skill.
  • Options
    Anonymous346Anonymous346 Posts: 661 ★★★
    Post a screenshot of the heroes you have, and if you want, we can advise you based on that
  • Options
    FortuneFortune Posts: 61
    HI there, I'm pleased to see you have join this clown fiesta of a game. well done. before i go into the details let me warn you before hand.....your device is gonna be VERY VERY HOT!....now let dive right in.
    First and foremost, DON'T try to be premium or hero crystals,!!! even if it's a featured, Better safe than sorry. you should grind the arena as much as you can while you're still green (don't kill yourself doing it though) and save up as much units as you can (think of them as money, you should be wise and avoid spending them recklessly...trust me, i wish i was told all this back then). play story quest also to gain EXP and level up so that you can obtain mastery cores and unlock certain masteries.
    Secondly, you should find an alliance asap (if you can). this will help earn various rewards throughout the game. Also sign up with kabam at the option platform and they should give you a premium crystal (which is trash BTW but since you're new....).
    I would love to tell you more on what to do but I can't kill myself by typing forever so i'll advice you to check out seatin on this link below.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Seatinmanoflegends
  • Options
    gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    ekvmtrnid5gq.jpg
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Actually, unless you want to depress him off the bat, this link is far better to start with.
    None of that 'god tier' list mumbo and high level content surrounded with 150 minutes of chatter.
    Straight up lessons on how to fight in this game:
    https://youtube.com/user/dorklessons
  • Options
    FortuneFortune Posts: 61
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Actually, unless you want to depress him off the bat, this link is far better to start with.
    None of that 'god tier' list mumbo and high level content surrounded with 150 minutes of chatter.
    Straight up lessons on how to fight in this game:
    https://youtube.com/user/dorklessons

That was the plan @Bapoi .Don't wanna add to kabam's bank account ;)
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,770 ★★★★★
    Fortune wrote: »
    HI there, I'm pleased to see you have join this clown fiesta of a game. well done. before i go into the details let me warn you before hand.....your device is gonna be VERY VERY HOT!....

:D:D:D