**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance advice needed

Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
Been playing almost seven months, and I'm a mid-to-low-level player (both accts at about 128K), a few dozen 4-stars and a handful of 5s, still slogging through act 4.

I have struggled to find an appropriate alliance for either account. I've been in alliances where I was underpowered in comparison to the other members and was therefore an underachiever, which means I always struggled. I was content with trying to improve to their level, but then that alliance blew up for some reason I never gathered, and I moved on. Then I was in an alliance that advertised itself as one that ran AQ and AW, but in two months it never would start AW, for no apparent reason, so I eventually left. Now I am in one where I am overpowered in comparison to the other players, which is OK I guess, but that alliance has only started AW matchmaking once, although it is early for me to really complain, so I am sticking with it.

I see AQ and AW as good paths to the rewards I need to improve my roster, so I want to play those each week, but always winning or being one of the top players is definitely not my goal.

Not really sure what kind of advice I am asking for, but I am guessing I am not the only player who struggles with this.

Comments

• Options
    Ground_Round1Ground_Round1 Posts: 1,012
    Hey,

This is an interesting and well worded question.

If it were me, I would find a 3,3,3,3,3 AQ, Gold 3 Alliance in your situation. Maybe some map 4...maybe 1 map 5. That would give you some t4bc's, some t4cc's and some 4 and 5* crystal shards to play with, as you develop your roster.
    I know that it stinks when you are trying to find a good, stable fit in an alliance. As you look around, maybe terms like LF (life first), stable, active, etc. would be good bull's-eyes for your search.
    I am lucky in that I found an active, stable alliance...but you are a bit small for us yet. Once you get over 200k and can handle AQ and AW simultaneously, look me up in the game...Ground Round.

Thanks, and good luck.
  • Options
    If you have line app, The Chill Zone would love to take both of your accounts! Message me if interested

line id: jiminycrickett
  • Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Just figure out what you're looking for and find an alliance that actually does that.

If you don't want donations then find an ally that only runs map 3. If you want a larger challenge try map 5. Map 4 sounds like it will be a pretty good bet for you. Not overly hard but still rewards t4cc fragments.

In my mind there is no reason any active alliance shouldn't be running 3 wars per week. Even if you lose it's free rewards with very little time commitment.

It's also important to know the goals of the alliance. How high are they trying to rank in AQ? What tier are they targeting for war? Things can change in an alliance as the game progresses. If the goal is to stay in the top 1500 alliances, maybe they will need to start running more map 5 to compensate.