**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Please remove the crappy 5*s from the game.

There is no need for 5 * champs to be garbage.

We dont need Spidergwen, Luke Cage, Kamala Kahn ect.. 5 stars should be a rewards for hard work. Not a depressing kill your self moment because a month was wasted.

Comments

• Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741 ★★
    So you want a game based on the luck of the pull to only have good luck? Crappy business model for Kabam. You realize in gambling you have to have a chance to lose right?

There is really no NEED for any 4*s to be crappy, or any hero at all except that is what the game is. The chance of getting crappy heroes makes it more satisfying when you pull a good one. And it makes people more willing to spend for things like awakening stones and feature crystals to get the heroes that are hard to get because of the plethora of heroes in general.

I understand you want good heroes and are upset with a bad pull but that is kind of the business model and psychology of gambling and f2p games.

I think u missed the point. For most of the population of the game 5 stars take forever to get. My 1st took 6 months..5 stars are the cream of the crop, and for Kambam to add the entire roster of champs including champs that will never get ranked up. Whats the point? U wait forever to finally get a 5 star to help clear the money grab content of the game and you get spidergwen, collosus or luke cage. Least before they decided to add them all the only crappy champ was iron patriot. Least the others had purpose. Atleast if we get to have the worst add the bests to, Thor, Sw, DD... Or lower the amount of shards it takes to be disappointed. I am already at over 200 premium disappointment crystals with no 4 star. My last 10 4 stars were a mix of antman, spidergwen, kamala kahn. And my last 3 5stars was winter soldier. So yeah im tired of the ****. It be nice to add something like a meter or exp on crystal popping that lets u purchase a champ. So you dont have to wait 2 years to get someone good to clear content with.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Who is going to decide on who's good and bad in 1 week I saw people scream that dorm was bad and then proceeded to call him a money grab champ since they saw he was difficult to fight on defense so if they were to remove bad champs what would be the factor that determines that?
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Well if there are no bad 5* than wouldn't there be no good champs by comparisons in the 5* crystal? I agree with them needing to be buffed but even like cage has uses in this game
    Lowering shards wouldn't work. A lot of people save for featureds so they will get way more chances than someone who just opened
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    The 5* crystals is getting lousy with average to below average champs. The latest adds are the worst.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    Having crappy 5 stars is not a good business model. Actually having them in the game keeps me from getting bigger 5 shard deals. Cannot not bring myself to buy 200-300 dollars on the chance to pull a crappy 5 star.
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 283 ★★
    I do love my rank 3 duped ws. Lots of synergies with my top champs. Start a fight block/parry swipe back switch ammo and watch the damage with 1 incenerate and 2 bleeds if you get them.
  • I_am_GrootI_am_Groot Posts: 646 ★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Lowering shards wouldn't work. A lot of people save for featureds so they will get way more chances than someone who just opened
    Lowering the shards price, lowering the shards saved.

• Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    I would say if u are going for a feature and spending 15k u should not get a spider Gwen, mags, she hulk etc!
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    If that's the case make everything 10k shards and roll with it
  • 420down420down Posts: 170
    What's wrong with a 5 star duped ws? I have him and I love him . Power drain when it happens is a plus. Bleed and incinerate tick off about 500+ a second

He's a solid champ but I could see pulling him three times in a row being frustrating. I've pulled rhino a total of five times, which is more times then I've pulled any 4* in 2.4 years playing the game. I'm not a baller with 30 or more 5*s, I've only got 11 and only two of those duped. It's more then a little aggravating. It's strange how many people I know have multiple dupes of the same 5*.
    @I_am_Groot I meant lowering the amount of shards neeeded to open a 5*. People in my alliance have over 75000 shards saved so if they lower the amount of shards needed than they get way more tries at 5* compared to someone who just opened all of their 5* crystals. Not sure why you guys want the amount lowered instead of having more ways to receive 5* shards
    @Crazybaca2323 you know spidergwem is an option when opening it sucks to get her but you know she's there. It's just a chance you have to take
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    At the very least remove the skin swaps so I'm not collecting magnetos to never use
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    @I_am_Groot I meant lowering the amount of shards neeeded to open a 5*. People in my alliance have over 75000 shards saved so if they lower the amount of shards needed than they get way more tries at 5* compared to someone who just opened all of their 5* crystals. Not sure why you guys want the amount lowered instead of having more ways to receive 5* shards
    I understand you, but I think I didn't say it right then you didn't understand me.

You're saying a real problem, but it's fixed easy. If they low prices then they should cut the saved shards too. It would be similar to shares and splits. For example, if the price is lowered to 2000 shards (1/5) then that people will have now 15000 shards.

But I'm agree, the simple solution and the best is to have more ways to get more 5* shards.

• RiddyBRiddyB Posts: 7
    I agree with alot of the comments here. It takes forever to get a 5*. It seems like the game is lagging for progress. The only way to get t2 alphas is LOL or the next $1000 offer which is ridiculous. I've had 6 friends quit the game recently due to how boring it has gotten. They add new champs and new monthly quests, but it's always the same old ****. Even summoner appreciation was terrible. Nice to get a free t4c crystal, but some don't need those. Most need t2alphas now. I don't need anymore 5*s or t4cc, I need t2alphas. My point is the game is getting boring and if they continue, the game is going to go to **** worse than it already has. 5*s should be 2000 shards like the rest, and the t2 alphas shouldn't be so impossible to get. Let's go kabam! WAKE UP KABAM! WAKE UP!!!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    We can't expect them to remove every Champ we don't like. If the Crystal was full of Top Tier Champs, that would defeat the purpose of having a Crystal that rolls randomly. It's entirely preference. One person may not like a certain Champ. Another might. Those are the chances we take when we roll them. There is a large possibility we won't get what we want.
    Side Note: Gwen is not the first choice, I'll give you that. However, if I can beat an R5 Duped Magik with my R3 Duped SG, she ain't that bad. Lol.
    To be honest, 5 stars should be much better if anything. I would gladly take a Luke Cage, that power drain and bleeds, something the 4 star dont. But they dont, i like adding some new champs to the pulls, but only add the champs that have a purpose in the game. Hell give us Wolverine, and Sw... If the game is moving toward 5 stars, please dont put ones that hit like a weak 3star.. Pillow hands Luke Cage, Wet Noodle Loki, Carbage, Nerfed Mags
    We can't expect them to remove every Champ we don't like.
    It's not about every Champ anyone don't like. It's about some specific champs nobody wants after grind 10k shards for months.

But if you're happy with them, well I hope many of them for you.

I should be honest, I would be happy with a Spider Gwen 5* because i like use her sometimes, BUT just if the Collector GIF me her for FREE, because I'm sure I want a good champ after grind so many shards for 4 months.
    I_am_Groot wrote: »
    It's not about every Champ anyone don't like. It's about some specific champs nobody wants after grind 10k shards for months.

I should be honest, I would be happy with a Spider Gwen 5* because i like use her sometimes, BUT just if the Collector GIF me her for FREE, because I'm sure I want a good champ after grind so many shards for 4 months.

But who makes that choice on who gets to be in a 5 star vs who does not?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

That's the point. Most people are happy with their first 5* regardless of who it is. You're happy with any 5* if you're trying to build a Roster of them. The rest is preference. We can't edit the Crystal based on who uses what at the Top Tier. They're added because that's the order they appeared. People don't spend hours and months designing something to call it **** and scrap it.
  • ScorpionsKryptScorpionsKrypt Posts: 161
    So you want a game based on the luck of the pull to only have good luck? Crappy business model for Kabam. You realize in gambling you have to have a chance to lose right?

There is really no NEED for any 4*s to be crappy, or any hero at all except that is what the game is. The chance of getting crappy heroes makes it more satisfying when you pull a good one. And it makes people more willing to spend for things like awakening stones and feature crystals to get the heroes that are hard to get because of the plethora of heroes in general.

I understand you want good heroes and are upset with a bad pull but that is kind of the business model and psychology of gambling and f2p games.

I think u missed the point. For most of the population of the game 5 stars take forever to get. My 1st took 6 months..5 stars are the cream of the crop, and for Kambam to add the entire roster of champs including champs that will never get ranked up. Whats the point? U wait forever to finally get a 5 star to help clear the money grab content of the game and you get spidergwen, collosus or luke cage. Least before they decided to add them all the only crappy champ was iron patriot. Least the others had purpose. Atleast if we get to have the worst add the bests to, Thor, Sw, DD... Or lower the amount of shards it takes to be disappointed. I am already at over 200 premium disappointment crystals with no 4 star. My last 10 4 stars were a mix of antman, spidergwen, kamala kahn. And my last 3 5stars was winter soldier. So yeah im tired of the ****. It be nice to add something like a meter or exp on crystal popping that lets u purchase a champ. So you dont have to wait 2 years to get someone good to clear content with.[/quchamps.

My first 5* took a YEAR. And I got Star-Lord. You're just going to have to live with the fact that you won't always get what you want. Tbh, I wanted Iron Fist originally but then found out SL is much better. My solution, hope you don't pull those champs. It is a CONTEST after all.
    edited July 2017

That's the point. Most people are happy with their first 5* regardless of who it is. You're happy with any 5* if you're trying to build a Roster of them. The rest is preference. We can't edit the Crystal based on who uses what at the Top Tier. They're added because that's the order they appeared. People don't spend hours and months designing something to call it **** and scrap it.

There no need for the worst champions as a 5 star. Average perhapes, Great yes.. But the worst champs have not to offer to the game but arena. Perhaps if they do bases like in transformers. Or allow for multiple quests to be started at once, then people would use the garbage champs..

There no need for the worst champions as a 5 star. Average perhapes, Great yes.. But the worst champs have not to offer to the game but arena. Perhaps if they do bases like in transformers. Or allow for multiple quests to be started at once, then people would use the garbage champs..

U have not answered my question who determines if a champ is too bad for a 5 star crystals
  • ddarkoddarko Posts: 11
    edited July 2017
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    U have not answered my question who determines if a champ is too bad for a 5 star crystals

I do not know why no one has answered your question yet. So let me try.

The reason why the complaints are here against certain champs is because they, objectively speaking, have nothing to offer over another champ. Take Gwen. There is nothing about her that makes her special. Actually to top things off, she has a special 1 that is pretty much the worst special 1 in the game. Please tell us what necessity there is to have a Gwen over any other Science champ.

Or lets take Luke Cage. He has great physical resistance you say? Well, try taking him against some of the monsters in the game. It won't matter. He has indestructible ability? Well, how useful is that going to be in a very long fight? While we are on the topic of the length of a fight, Luke Cage has some of the worst base damage I have seen. Even his specials can be ridiculous at dealing damage.

Basically, you can easily figure out who doesn't deserve to even be in this game by looking at whether the champs actually offer something new and useful to the table. The problem with Kabam is that they keep offering new champs where most of them are simply not meeting that requirement.

The other solution, as some here have pointed out, is to actually buff these characters in a way that they become interesting. Instead, Kabam is trying to make a fighter where there are tons of champs but majority of them are redundant or useless. That is not a good design for a fighting game.