**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What you rather have Kabam do?

2»

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    SHIELD wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom
    I get that new content developers and the bug fix team are different, and I'll agree with you on that. But if the new content creates additional bugs, doesn't that add to the work for the bug fix team. I'm still trying to figure out how new bugs aren't the responsibility of the bug fix team?

It's not actually the New Content that is creating the issues. In some cases, they are existing issues that haven't been resolved successfully. In other cases, some changes meant to resolve issues actually create more. It's an ongoing process, and there are other underlying mechanics. It just happens to be that each Patch also includes New Content most of the time. So it is released with the Patch, but not necessarily responsible for the problems.
  • SHIELDSHIELD Posts: 90
    edited July 2017
    Take a 2-3 week break from new featured champs and fix all the bugs that are present
    @GroundedWisdom
    I get that new content developers and the bug fix team are different, and I'll agree with you on that. But if the new content creates additional bugs, doesn't that add to the work for the bug fix team. I'm still trying to figure out how new bugs aren't the responsibility of the bug fix team?

It's not actually the New Content that is creating the issues. In some cases, they are existing issues that haven't been resolved successfully. In other cases, some changes meant to resolve issues actually create more. It's an ongoing process, and there are other underlying mechanics. It just happens to be that each Patch also includes New Content most of the time. So it is released with the Patch, but not necessarily responsible for the problems.

Ok, I get where you coming from. I knew eventually id start to see why you had the opinion you have.

I am not saying it's the new content that causes the old problems though. I'm saying that some of the new champs are bugged from the release of that champ. That adds to overall number of bugs which makes the bug fix team fall farther behind.
    @GroundedWisdom

But most of the time it IS the new content that ends up breaking/bugging the old stuff, no? After all, if something isn't broken and they don't touch the code, wouldn't it stay unbroken? It's only by changing something that it breaks/bugs out. So what I'm saying is don't change/add anything until they get old stuff fixed. (Test thoroughly then release)

It's more complex than that. It would also be detrimental because they are under contract to release New Content in partnership with Marvel. They do the best they can to resolve issues. Sometimes it works and sometimes they have to continue at it. Stopping the process of adding anything new is not going to solve anything because the process of fixing problems is what it is. Like I said, one is not the same department as the other. Somehow you seem convinced that anything they put out makes it worse and that's not the case.
    Take a 2-3 week break from new featured champs and fix all the bugs that are present
    @GroundedWisdom

But most of the time it IS the new content that ends up breaking/bugging the old stuff, no? After all, if something isn't broken and they don't touch the code, wouldn't it stay unbroken? It's only by changing something that it breaks/bugs out. So what I'm saying is don't change/add anything until they get old stuff fixed. (Test thoroughly then release)

It's more complex than that. It would also be detrimental because they are under contract to release New Content in partnership with Marvel. They do the best they can to resolve issues. Sometimes it works and sometimes they have to continue at it. Stopping the process of adding anything new is not going to solve anything because the process of fixing problems is what it is. Like I said, one is not the same department as the other. Somehow you seem convinced that anything they put out makes it worse and that's not the case.

But the evade bug was fixed... they put out an update and now it's back. Doesn't that mean that something in the new content messed with it? I don't get how an old bug shows back up? Not unless the new update was messing with the old code?
    @GroundedWisdom

But the evade bug was fixed... they put out an update and now it's back. Doesn't that mean that something in the new content messed with it? I don't get how an old bug shows back up? Not unless the new update was messing with the old code?

You would have to understand the process of Code and how a Patch is designed.
    edited July 2017
    I guess I'm arguing 2 points at the same time.
    1. New content should be tested better so there are 0 bugs upon release. If they release new stuff that even has 1 bug then it takes away time from the developers who are trying to fix other bugs.
    2. Old bugs that have been resolved should stay resolved unless something new changed something else. Which in turn means that the new update had a direct overall affect on an old bug.
  • TripleD_FenrirTripleD_Fenrir Posts: 146
    @GroundedWisdom

Now you're making sense! Yeah, if you put it that way, new content isn't the (only) problem. But let's be real, 90% of the time, when there's a patch, there's at least 1 bug with it, no matter what it contains.
    For now, I think the bugs aren't all that bad...minus the attacks and specials not connecting one...and the chase-down dash attack one (that one's really stupid; don't care if I CAN do it, I'd rather just the A.I. not have it). Well, one's already being worked on and the other IDK. Anyway, I say they do this for the game-breaking bugs only. Faster fixes when needed, and the rest of the time it's normal fixing rate. Good enough for me.
    @GroundedWisdom

Now you're making sense! Yeah, if you put it that way, new content isn't the (only) problem. But let's be real, 90% of the time, when there's a patch, there's at least 1 bug with it, no matter what it contains.
    For now, I think the bugs aren't all that bad...minus the attacks and specials not connecting one...and the chase-down dash attack one (that one's really stupid; don't care if I CAN do it, I'd rather just the A.I. not have it). Well, one's already being worked on and the other IDK. Anyway, I say they do this for the game-breaking bugs only. Faster fixes when needed, and the rest of the time it's normal fixing rate. Good enough for me.

That's not going to change if they stop putting put New Content.
    @GroundedWisdom

That's not going to change if they stop putting put New Content.

I'm mostly mad about the auto-evade bug showing back up at the release of this update. (Whether caused by the update or something else).
    Im just saying that if this new update hadn't came out and we were still playing the old version, the auto-evade wasn't there. There for causality says that the new update is the "cause" for the new *old* bug.
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Well then give the character developers a 2 week holiday and hire more programmers to fix bugs. Jesus, sounds like you guys want to keep bugs around.

That scenario isn't even logical anyway. It's more like taking a shingler and asking him to do siding. The basic skill set is still there.

They are a mutli-billion dollar company, you don't think they can figure it out?

Really so taking a graphic artist and saying here's some code fix it? You have zero idea what your talking about here. Programming is more complex and there is different aspects to it..

Here's a better comparison I need heart surgery. I guess a foot doctor would be fine

I've already clarified that I agree that the department's are separate. Welcome to the conversation bud... oh wait you read one part of it and then decided to chirp in.
  • SnakeEyes69SnakeEyes69 Posts: 223 ★★
    No brainer.....Fix the F*&^%* bugs
    edited July 2017
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    Well then give the character developers a 2 week holiday and hire more programmers to fix bugs. Jesus, sounds like you guys want to keep bugs around.

That scenario isn't even logical anyway. It's more like taking a shingler and asking him to do siding. The basic skill set is still there.

They are a mutli-billion dollar company, you don't think they can figure it out?

Really so taking a graphic artist and saying here's some code fix it? You have zero idea what your talking about here. Programming is more complex and there is different aspects to it..

Here's a better comparison I need heart surgery. I guess a foot doctor would be fine

Are you saying that the new update was done solely by the graphics department? I'm sure the coders were involved with the update and now things that were once fixed are broke again.

More like you went in for surgery for both your heart and foot at the same time. Your foot doctor was awesome but your heart surgeon not only screwed up your heart but put a hole in your lung too.
  • SHIELD wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike please take note of this poll and keep an eye on the results. The player base (the people who fund your salary) would like to be heard on this issue.

EVRYONE PLEASE VOTE!!

Under your logic, when a cop pulls someone over they can say they don't deserve a ticket because their taxes pay their salary.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I'm gonna throw 2¢

It seems that whenever 1 thing is "patched" it takes away from something else that's holding up another part of code or SOMEHOW contradicts itself in the coding leading to a lot of the issues. I'd gladly see a month off and have them establish a concrete fix for the current content! After that they should build on top of that so if anything goes wrong they can examine the "Concrete Code" and see what gets interfered with when the new code gets spliced into the mix
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Also all the new animations for generic combos and specials seems to be taking a toll on the game! We need a few recycled animations at least so that's more time devoted to FIXING the game…

As long as you can pull from the dozens of new animations since like Spider Gwen (yeah they've been spicing up new specials abd combo animations for over a year!) so long as they fit that'll also cut the time needed to work on new champs! Not everyone needs an earth shattering ENCYCLOPEDIA of abilities! At the VERY LEAST they need less animation and more time to fix
    edited July 2017
    @Kabam Miike please take note of this poll and keep an eye on the results. The player base (the people who fund your salary) would like to be heard on this issue.

EVRYONE PLEASE VOTE!!

Under your logic, when a cop pulls someone over they can say they don't deserve a ticket because their taxes pay their salary.

If you would have read other comments I did say that I probably shouldn't have said that.

But... No? Lol. In your scenario the driver is weasling out of something they did wrong. The analogy doesn't fit very well other than the word "salary" is in there.
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 820 ★★★
    I get having to make new champs desirable. Just stop making them so ridiculously strong.

This new Spiderman is crazy. Iceman and Hyperion are insane.

The only nerf I agreed with was Scarlet Witch.

The rest were unnecessary, but iceman and hyperion and possibly this new spidey are overpowered fo' sho'.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    lol at people trying to run Kabam from a message board...
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    lol at people trying to run Kabam from a message board...

Lol at thinking anyone actually "runs" Kabam.