Options

Venom and Carnage

2»

Comments

  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    IanMoone wrote: »
    They buffing venom probably bc film venom wont be op lol

    idont think that there will be a new venom just the buff for the old one
  • Options
    IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    IanMoone wrote: »
    They buffing venom probably bc film venom wont be op lol

    idont think that there will be a new venom just the buff for the old one

    I guess its riot and toxin coming then bc i think your if venom wasnt being buffed his film would come but then again its possible his film will arrive
  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    IanMoone wrote: »
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    IanMoone wrote: »
    They buffing venom probably bc film venom wont be op lol

    idont think that there will be a new venom just the buff for the old one

    I guess its riot and toxin coming then bc i think your if venom wasnt being buffed his film would come but then again its possible his film will arrive

    yes hopefully
  • Options
    10or_Strong10or_Strong Posts: 1,196 ★★★
    Looking forward to this, since I have both of them as unduped 5*, a 4* duped Carnage, and both duped in both 2* and 3* (since things like Danger Rooms are making those champs viable again, it all will benefit). Hoping with that many of them in my rost I might get to do the beta. I was able to be part of it for the Luke Cage / Red Hulk beta, and that was a blast.
  • Options
    BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    IanMoone wrote: »
    issamaf80 wrote: »
    IanMoone wrote: »
    They buffing venom probably bc film venom wont be op lol

    idont think that there will be a new venom just the buff for the old one

    I guess its riot and toxin coming then bc i think your if venom wasnt being buffed his film would come but then again its possible his film will arrive

    yes hopefully

    If both come, I do hope they at least make them like the comics really.
    In those, they look great (Toxin is more distinct than Riot though):
    ux1vz40zpqps.png
    aizay18r1qhh.jpg

  • Options
    Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    I'm happy to since I have a 4* Carnage dupe on my main and a 4* Carnage dupe and a 5* on my alt plus 4* venom to so I'm happy.

    Just wonder what these changes are and how good they will be now.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,298 ★★★★★
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.

    Im guessing they chose Venom with Carnage because they are going to get an improved synergy with each other too

    Could be in light of the Movie, could be planned long before as the result of the data they collected. No idea. I'm cool with it either way.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.

    Im guessing they chose Venom with Carnage because they are going to get an improved synergy with each other too

    Could be in light of the Movie, could be planned long before as the result of the data they collected. No idea. I'm cool with it either way.

    You would think their data would indicate other champs as more necessary for updates, such as Colossus, DPX, and IF. I'm cool with old champs getting updated though so I guess I can't complain too much... I was really hoping that the update would be to one of the trash champions in the 6* crystal so that there would be one less garbage pull in there, but I guess I'll cross my fingers for next years champion updates...
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.

    Im guessing they chose Venom with Carnage because they are going to get an improved synergy with each other too

    Could be in light of the Movie, could be planned long before as the result of the data they collected. No idea. I'm cool with it either way.

    You would think their data would indicate other champs as more necessary for updates, such as Colossus, DPX, and IF. I'm cool with old champs getting updated though so I guess I can't complain too much... I was really hoping that the update would be to one of the trash champions in the 6* crystal so that there would be one less garbage pull in there, but I guess I'll cross my fingers for next years champion updates...

    They’re going class by class and Carnage was already announced last year to be buffed. It just happens Venom is coming out so what better time to buff them? I just hope they do this sooner than once every 10 months. Next might be mutant, tech, mystic, or skill.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,298 ★★★★★
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.

    Im guessing they chose Venom with Carnage because they are going to get an improved synergy with each other too

    Could be in light of the Movie, could be planned long before as the result of the data they collected. No idea. I'm cool with it either way.

    You would think their data would indicate other champs as more necessary for updates, such as Colossus, DPX, and IF. I'm cool with old champs getting updated though so I guess I can't complain too much... I was really hoping that the update would be to one of the trash champions in the 6* crystal so that there would be one less garbage pull in there, but I guess I'll cross my fingers for next years champion updates...

    More all depends on the data. Carnage has been on the list a long time, and was mentioned at Comicon.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.

    Im guessing they chose Venom with Carnage because they are going to get an improved synergy with each other too

    Could be in light of the Movie, could be planned long before as the result of the data they collected. No idea. I'm cool with it either way.

    You would think their data would indicate other champs as more necessary for updates, such as Colossus, DPX, and IF. I'm cool with old champs getting updated though so I guess I can't complain too much... I was really hoping that the update would be to one of the trash champions in the 6* crystal so that there would be one less garbage pull in there, but I guess I'll cross my fingers for next years champion updates...

    They’re going class by class and Carnage was already announced last year to be buffed. It just happens Venom is coming out so what better time to buff them? I just hope they do this sooner than once every 10 months. Next might be mutant, tech, mystic, or skill.

    True... Still wish that the cosmics they updated were in the 6* crystal, but oh well. My biggest complaint with these champion updates is as you said... They take far too long to happen. Every other month seems reasonable but is perhaps unrealistic for Kabam. Whatever the case is, I think we can all agree that currently the time between champion updates needs to be shortened.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Werewrym wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.

    Im guessing they chose Venom with Carnage because they are going to get an improved synergy with each other too

    Could be in light of the Movie, could be planned long before as the result of the data they collected. No idea. I'm cool with it either way.

    You would think their data would indicate other champs as more necessary for updates, such as Colossus, DPX, and IF. I'm cool with old champs getting updated though so I guess I can't complain too much... I was really hoping that the update would be to one of the trash champions in the 6* crystal so that there would be one less garbage pull in there, but I guess I'll cross my fingers for next years champion updates...

    They’re going class by class and Carnage was already announced last year to be buffed. It just happens Venom is coming out so what better time to buff them? I just hope they do this sooner than once every 10 months. Next might be mutant, tech, mystic, or skill.

    True... Still wish that the cosmics they updated were in the 6* crystal, but oh well. My biggest complaint with these champion updates is as you said... They take far too long to happen. Every other month seems reasonable but is perhaps unrealistic for Kabam. Whatever the case is, I think we can all agree that currently the time between champion updates needs to be shortened.

    The timing is the only reason why I could see Carnage and Venom buffs. But I totally agree with you that champs that are in the 6* that are trash (DP, DD, IF, Gamora) desperately need a rework. For a 4 month effort to result in a trash champ that really can’t hold up to virtually any content is soul shattering.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.

    Im guessing they chose Venom with Carnage because they are going to get an improved synergy with each other too

    Could be in light of the Movie, could be planned long before as the result of the data they collected. No idea. I'm cool with it either way.

    You would think their data would indicate other champs as more necessary for updates, such as Colossus, DPX, and IF. I'm cool with old champs getting updated though so I guess I can't complain too much... I was really hoping that the update would be to one of the trash champions in the 6* crystal so that there would be one less garbage pull in there, but I guess I'll cross my fingers for next years champion updates...

    They’re going class by class and Carnage was already announced last year to be buffed. It just happens Venom is coming out so what better time to buff them? I just hope they do this sooner than once every 10 months. Next might be mutant, tech, mystic, or skill.

    True... Still wish that the cosmics they updated were in the 6* crystal, but oh well. My biggest complaint with these champion updates is as you said... They take far too long to happen. Every other month seems reasonable but is perhaps unrealistic for Kabam. Whatever the case is, I think we can all agree that currently the time between champion updates needs to be shortened.

    The timing is the only reason why I could see Carnage and Venom buffs. But I totally agree with you that champs that are in the 6* that are trash (DP, DD, IF, Gamora) desperately need a rework. For a 4 month effort to result in a trash champ that really can’t hold up to virtually any content is soul shattering.

    Tell me about it... I've started making horcruxes each time I open a 6* crystal. So far I have two, and most likely will have a 3rd come September 11th.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Carnage has been long-awaited. Venom was a surprise to me. I expected KK. No idea what changes are coming. I'm keeping my mind open.

    Im guessing they chose Venom with Carnage because they are going to get an improved synergy with each other too

    Could be in light of the Movie, could be planned long before as the result of the data they collected. No idea. I'm cool with it either way.

    You would think their data would indicate other champs as more necessary for updates, such as Colossus, DPX, and IF. I'm cool with old champs getting updated though so I guess I can't complain too much... I was really hoping that the update would be to one of the trash champions in the 6* crystal so that there would be one less garbage pull in there, but I guess I'll cross my fingers for next years champion updates...

    They’re going class by class and Carnage was already announced last year to be buffed. It just happens Venom is coming out so what better time to buff them? I just hope they do this sooner than once every 10 months. Next might be mutant, tech, mystic, or skill.

    Man, Mutant almost has to be next. DPX in the 6-star crystal...woof. That is just a crushing pull. Has to be something they can do.

    Colossus...man. I don't know. Other than maybe some enhanced Fury buffs, what do people want him to be that is line with his comics lore? I know people want amazing versatility, but really, the guy is just strong and turns into metal. At some point, people have to accept
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

    The timing is the only reason why I could see Carnage and Venom buffs. But I totally agree with you that champs that are in the 6* that are trash (DP, DD, IF, Gamora) desperately need a rework. For a 4 month effort to result in a trash champ that really can’t hold up to virtually any content is soul shattering.

    That has absolutely baffled me -- I am serious. I think every person playing the game understands that at some point, you are going to pull characters that are not the strongest. I think we all understand that.

    But it absolutely baffles me that characters like DPX and Gamora are in the 6-star pool, unbuffed. With the state of the game...I mean, wow. I think it's just a really tough thing to do to players, to have them grind for months and pull a DPX or Gamora at their current state.

    Yeah, you can do it. It's obviously been done. But man. That is a tough thing to do to players
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Please tell me someone gets the Harry Potter reference...
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,298 ★★★★★
    I got it.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    I think @V1PER1987's post was deleted so now my reply makes no sense... Ah well, it really was quite clever I thought
  • Options
    His current potential buff isn't that good.
  • Options
    TheSquish671TheSquish671 Posts: 2,880 ★★★★★
    Would it be a good idea to r3 my 4* duped venom now or should i wait for after info on what his buff is gets released?
  • Options
    sfu_koraxsfu_korax Posts: 240 ★★
    I have a 5star venom sitting at rank 2 for almost a year, lets see if he will finally get ranked up... I love playing with him though, fluid animations.
  • Options
    Crimsontide1616Crimsontide1616 Posts: 303 ★★
    I hope they do them both justice. IMO carnage has fantastic animations - it’s a shame he is so terrible
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    Finally, took kabam ages.....
  • Options
    issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    I hope they change he's victory pose
  • Options
    AnkalagonnAnkalagonn Posts: 535 ★★
    I hope they do them both justice. IMO carnage has fantastic animations - it’s a shame he is so terrible

    Yeah, it was very well designed in terms of animations, sadly it has been the biggest bummer in this game. I still remember the people who went after his 5*, and they were stuck with a really pillow fist champ. I'm also curious to find out what would be the update for Venom, since I have him as 5*.
  • Options
    dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Have both of them as r2 5* on an arena team with a r2 5* AV, so be nice if they become more than arena fodder.
Sign In or Register to comment.