**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Sentry's Unblockable Specials Bugged

I sent in some video evidence to the game team and they responded quickly that they would look into it but wanted to ask if anyone else noticed this. Other champions like
  • Kingpin
  • Corvus Glaive
  • Loki (also sort of bugged?)
  • Korg (does he count)

Have unblockable specials in their kit. When corvus glaive for example executes a special attack, even if he missed the first hit, that attack remains unblockable and will connect even when the opponent is blocking or has autoblock.

I have noticed that sentry's special 1 and 2 can be blocked by medusa and IMIW even when I connect on the first hit. This means that potentially only his first hit is considered unblockable in the code and I think based on how unblockable works on other champions that this is probably bugged.

Another thing to note is that when a node gives a champion an unblockable special, traditionally the first hit is unblockable but the rest is blockable. This I would say is different because it can apply to any champion. But as mentioned above, when it comes as part of the champions core abilities it seems the intention is to give the user a special that cannot be blocked at all.

What do you think?

Fingers crossed they can work a fix into one of the future updates.

Comments

• EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I mean, the unblockable attacks on the other 4 champs have a fairly long period of time in between hits. That makes it easier to evade them, so the following unblockable hits are fairly easy to dodge as well. This keeps these characters from being overpowered as their specials can be countered. Sentry, on the other hand, has almost no lag between the 2, 3, and 4 hits of sp1, and the 2 hit on sp2 covers the entire field. Having these hits be unblockable would make Sentry quite powerful, as you might be able to dex evade the 2 anad 3 hits together on sp1, but the third hit would always connect. The fact that sp2 covers the whole field makes it a very strong attack as is, and it's high damage output combined with unblockable would make it truly unfair.

Despite this, sentry is an overall not-too-great character, so this might be a nice addition. The power output on his specials would have to be reduced to balance him out though.
  • IdelestIdelest Posts: 43
    I mean, the unblockable attacks on the other 4 champs have a fairly long period of time in between hits. That makes it easier to evade them, so the following unblockable hits are fairly easy to dodge as well. This keeps these characters from being overpowered as their specials can be countered. Sentry, on the other hand, has almost no lag between the 2, 3, and 4 hits of sp1, and the 2 hit on sp2 covers the entire field. Having these hits be unblockable would make Sentry quite powerful, as you might be able to dex evade the 2 anad 3 hits together on sp1, but the third hit would always connect. The fact that sp2 covers the whole field makes it a very strong attack as is, and it's high damage output combined with unblockable would make it truly unfair.

Despite this, sentry is an overall not-too-great character, so this might be a nice addition. The power output on his specials would have to be reduced to balance him out though.

What you're saying is that it is in there by design for the unblockable to not apply to all of his special. That could be true but I would like some clarification. Because when I read "unblockable" for those other champions, unblockable means unblockable, for the whole special. And to counter your point of hard to dodge specials, Korg is much more difficult to evade when unblockable than sentry. Even if all hits of Sentry's specials were unblockable they are all avoidable.