**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we talk about King Groot's attack?

Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
Hey how you doing? Recently I spun a King Groot off the Marvelous Crystal (thanks by the way) and while ranking him up I noticed that compared to Luke Cage who has 677 attack King Groot only has… 488!

Now I was curious if anyone could fill me in on why. His play style is extremely slow and to build up his attack is actually quite time consuming! I feel like this is to balance his regen but in the long run champions like Wolverine and Venompool GREATLY outpace his regen AND even have sizable bleeds which only serve to bolster their average attacks…

I feel like this is GREATLY unfair to what could have been an amazing Cosmic champion especially when the new Stark enhanced Spider-Man has relatively high armor when comparing his INSANE attack to the likes of say Star Lord and Nightcrawler are rather average if not on the lesser end... and to bring back Wolverine… he has average attack, reasonable regeneration that's reliable to bring him to 100% from like 0.1% and his bleeds… KG has reliable regen, terrible attack and very little damage over the time… I don't think it'd be too much to let him have a normal attack stat

And I know there are others that need buffs WAY more but… come on this is laughable

Comments

• solivagant56solivagant56 Posts: 75
    No.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    King groot has a very high base health and his Regen and immunity make him a very tanky character. His attack isn't the best, neither is the normal groot but they're not supposed to be. Their high durability makes up for it, just like how rocket has very low health and high damage output. King groot is exactly the same only he has higher health and lower attack.
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited July 2017
    He's meant to be the complete opposite of Rocket, highest HP in the game with the lowest Attack too. King Groot is a tank with a reasonable sustain, I actually think he's fine.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Can we talk about Carnage instead of KG. KG is way better than carnage in many ways.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    Yeah I understand but with parry Rocket isn't really that bad
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,753 ★★★★★
    This isn't a bug ...

And it was already amswered. King Groot has a lot of Regen, HP and he is immune. He is a tanker
  • MarcusUnreadMarcusUnread Posts: 143
    edited July 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    This isn't a bug ...

And it was already amswered. King Groot has a lot of Regen, HP and he is immune. He is a tanker

Exactly. Why is this in bugs thread? There's nothing wrong with KG at all, he's an excellent champ. He heals automatically all match without any conditions (heal block notwithstanding) plus he can heal a large chunk of health on command with a L3. He has the highest HP in the game I believe and has stellar regen. I use my 5/50 4* KG on map 6 caltrops and can often run that map without resource expenditure. He times out a lot but so what? He can practically full heal in 1 match from 10% health. He has a lot of use in AQ.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    This isn't a bug ...

Exactly. Why is this in bugs thread? There's nothing wrong with KG at all, he's an excellent champ. He heals automatically all match without any conditions (heal block notwithstanding) plus he can heal a large chunk of health on command with a L3. He has the highest HP in the game I believe and has stellar regen. I use my 5/50 4* KG on map 6 caltrops and can often run that map without resource expenditure. He times out a lot but so what? He can practically full heal in 1 match from 10% health. He has a lot of use in AQ.

Because it's an "issue". ;);)
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    This isn't a bug ...

Because it's an "issue". ;);)
    Whoops! Okay I have the wrong placement for this thread (sorry I've been picking out various issues in the game lately and forgot there were different areas for different kinds of posts
    I can see where some of this is coming from but for the "tank" argument:

Dormammu
    VP
    LC
    Cable
    Red Hulk
    Rhino
    Abomination
    Hulkbuster
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Unst Colossus
    Juggernaut

Attack is FAR more important when missing up to 1/3 compared to the far less impactful RR health thing as PARRY exists
  • SummonerB2SummonerB2 Posts: 556
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    I can see where some of this is coming from but for the "tank" argument:

Dormammu
    VP
    LC
    Cable
    Red Hulk
    Rhino
    Abomination
    Hulkbuster
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Unst Colossus
    Juggernaut

Attack is FAR more important when missing up to 1/3 compared to the far less impactful RR health thing as PARRY exists

He happens to have the highest health in the game.