**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Featured 5* crystal idea

Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 750 ★★★
So was really disappointed when I went for a featured only to get a cyclops a while back. I know I'm not alone in that so had a thought. Why not make it so the featured 5* only gives you a shot at the current featured and a shot at one of the ones from within 2 or 3 months ago. I know the idea is to get people to waste shards on these but I don't think this would hurt anything. If anything it might get people to purchase more featured if they know they will get something for an extra 5k in shards.

Comments

• Options
    myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    But like every other Crystal it's a gamble, essentially you're just purschasing a 100 unit premium crystal. There are good stuff and bad stuff it's all random, the stakes are just much higher on a featured 5* crystal but it rewards you more if you get lucky. You didn't have to buy one, but you wanted that slim chance and the moment of excitement
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I'd be happy if they just increased your chances after you save up that much and miss. I am 0-9. I have a guy in my alliance who is 0-22, which is insane. I have others who have 4 or 5 featured 5*s.
  • Options
    myPUNCAKEmyPUNCAKE Posts: 359
    Do you spend money @LeNoirFaineant?
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @myPUNCAKE I have bought deals from time to time but not often. 5* featured doesn't come from spending in any case. It's war and SA. Just a matter of saving 15k or opening at 10k
  • Options
    FedxxxxFedxxxx Posts: 29
    myPUNCAKE wrote: »
    But like every other Crystal it's a gamble, essentially you're just purschasing a 100 unit premium crystal. There are good stuff and bad stuff it's all random, the stakes are just much higher on a featured 5* crystal but it rewards you more if you get lucky. You didn't have to buy one, but you wanted that slim chance and the moment of excitement

I agree but update to the chances to get the featured 5* would work better. If you take the gamble, you do have a slim chance but in some videos, the case is that the chances are quite high to get the featured 5*.
  • Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Without a boycott of featured crystals, they're already accomplishing what you think they would by increasing the chance. There's no benefit to them, only to us. They have no incentive to change it. Players already go for featured. The process works... just... not for us.
  • Options
    Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    If only featureds and last featureds are in the crystal that will imbalance the game. No one would buy regular crystals if they are guaarentees a great champ outside of carnage as a 5*. I know people aren't lucky but I disagree with your post
  • Options
    Crimson8399Crimson8399 Posts: 750 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    If only featureds and last featureds are in the crystal that will imbalance the game. No one would buy regular crystals if they are guaarentees a great champ outside of carnage as a 5*. I know people aren't lucky but I disagree with your post

Wouldn't the chance for a better champ actually balance the game more? I get maybe 30k 5star shards a month. Even if u get 2 different champs, it's not only gonna balance things more cause u stand a little better chance but it would encourage people to play more to try and earn more shards. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Yeah....gonna say you don't get 30k/month. You'd have to spend thousands each month to get that, and I'm still not sure you could. The 5* feature already has the best odds of getting the champ you want. They even added the sub-feature pool to make it more desirable. Removing the basic pool completely at this point would make no sense to me.
  • Options
    DrizzitsDrizzits Posts: 157
    Yeah....gonna say you don't get 30k/month. You'd have to spend thousands each month to get that, and I'm still not sure you could. The 5* feature already has the best odds of getting the champ you want. They even added the sub-feature pool to make it more desirable. Removing the basic pool completely at this point would make no sense to me.

30k might be pushing it, but 20k is fairly reasonable believe it or not. Arena grinders can get 2400 5* shards a week. A tier 1-2 AW win provides 600+ shards, at 3 times per week for 1800. That's 4200 per week (potentially). Then factor in SA (400+), 200 a week for AQ, another 150ish for alliance events, and you hit 5k a week.
    Doesn't factor in the 4* dupes what so ever.
    And of course, this is just what's available. Obviously only tip top tier alliances/members are getting all of this, but it's possible without spending thousands.
  • Options
    How would everyone having iceman, voodoo, and such champs balance the game more? Everyone would have only the best champs in the game. The regular 5* crystal will lose value as will a lot of in game content. I don't think that's balancing the game just because everyone would have very similar rosters
  • Options
    Do I want the best 5*? Of course I do. I'm saving shards for iceman right now. A lot of the fun in this game for me is grinding the resources needed to collect and rank champs. If it was easy to get the best champs then I would probably quit because the game wouldn't be fun anymore. I already hate tier 1 aw because it's really should be called mystic wars. I don't want to see more of the game lose value
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Drizzits wrote: »

30k might be pushing it, but 20k is fairly reasonable believe it or not. Arena grinders can get 2400 5* shards a week. A tier 1-2 AW win provides 600+ shards, at 3 times per week for 1800. That's 4200 per week (potentially). Then factor in SA (400+), 200 a week for AQ, another 150ish for alliance events, and you hit 5k a week.
    Doesn't factor in the 4* dupes what so ever.
    And of course, this is just what's available. Obviously only tip top tier alliances/members are getting all of this, but it's possible without spending thousands.

So you just proved my point. 30k is not equal to 20k. Assuming you have all 4* maxed to lvl 99 (to give you the best shot), you'd still need to pull roughly 20 x 4* champs each month to make up the deficit. That will cost you thousands of dollars in crystals. I'm not gonna bother to correct your shard numbers, they're close enough to consider negligible. So basically, if you play your face off in arena (top 800 feature AND 300 shards in basic arena), win every war that month (MMX only), and have all 4* maxed, you still won't get close to 30k/month without spending a ton.