**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Time to progress skill back in AW

I would like to ask the mods @Kabam Miike and others if they can communicate with the game strategy team and get a clear understanding of why attack bonus has been stuck at 3 for so long? From all your previous information you want AW to be some of the hardest content and not to be finished by everyone, yet you changed a great node before seasons because it was so called “too hard” days after you say you didn’t intend for everyone to finish AW?
But the real problem here is 3 attack bonus. I do like the way seasons started and progressed but I feel that progressing has become stagnant.
3 attack bonus means an alliance can spend and spend and as many of us see in AW spend 20 kills on one node they are having a problem with. After the 3, there is no more skill based, it’s spend based.
If that’s what you want as a company I feel you can be open about it at this point, regardless what you do to the community they will follow as shown by the last few months.
If you do want skill based as you said, why cap the attack bonus?
I am trying to find out the understanding for this today, maybe before it was good to incorporate to let everyone understand it and get use to it. But today, how is this a benefit for AW. If there is a reason I am not seeing besides spend to win, I am very open to hearing and understanding it.
But myself and many others are tired of seeing 20-60 kills that don’t count. Why wouldn’t a kill count? In what system of war in any sense of the word does a kill not count? Make AW like a war should be. You die, you count.

Comments

• Options
    Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    I think this is particularly true for Gold 1/Plat 3 alliances. You get no extra rewarded points if a defender gets 3 kills or 20 kills.

I’d propose first 3 deaths, lose attack bonus. Then death 5, the defending team starts getting a kills bonus
  • Options
    Mobius360Mobius360 Posts: 70
    Agreed

The cap at 3 doesn't leave much reason to not push through an enemy to still 100% the map. If there was no limit however and you had say 10 deaths on a node it probably would make the team consider stopping. Which I believe falls more in line with what you guys said you wanted with AW.
  • Options
    2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    What does it matter if an opposing alliance spends more because they died a lot. Die less in your alliance and you still get the win.
  • Options
    KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    I believe AW would be a lot better if item use were disabled. That way the best alliance really comes out on top. It’ll also make exploring the map 100% more satisfying if it’s achieved.
  • Options
    Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    Yeah I have to agree - if an AW is neck and neck and the team that died to an IMIW 15 times wins by 200 points it's annoying.

I know in Plat 1 and Master people are barely dying, which requires boosting and pot'ing and excellent skill, but I think in Gold 1 wars where it's reasonable for you to die 40/50/60x and it still be close (whether it's because your alliance is a little more laid back, or you aren't using as many items) the dying over and over again to one node should at least have some reflection on the end result.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    You get punished already by losing the 3x attack bonus. In lower tier alliances where people die 10+ to a single node, this prevention is in place to cap the damage one node can do to an alliance. It’s actually a pretty fair system, as one bad node shouldn’t dictate the overall effort of an alliance war.