**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

M.O.D.O.K Flux Pattern Explanation

The42ndDoctorThe42ndDoctor Posts: 7
edited September 2018 in Strategy and Tips
Hello Everyone on the Forums. Figured i'd extend my information post here because I know alot of people here aren't on Reddit and could still use this information on MODOK. Thanks for Reading!

TL;DR: the Video towards the end

Basically, MODOK's damage and critical hits fluctuate in a sin wave-esque pattern. Using this you can predict when to use specials to maximize damage

I tried to predict MODOK's flux pattern by collecting data about hit damage over the course of a fight. So I collected the hit damage, crit or not, type of hit, and critical rate, and collected it all here.

And the graphs seperate from the Data:

Complete Damage
Damage without Specials
All Basic Hits
Medium non-Critical
Light non-Critical
Crit Multiplier

With these graphs, you can get an idea of what MODOK's next hit is going to do, with knowing the last couple hits. The damage tends to have a gradual increase, reach a peak, and then gradual decrease. This pattern happens over the same 30-40 hit range.

I want to know if anyone here has ideas for how to continue the data collection, past just critical damage and attack damage, to possibly create a complete formula, based on the number of hits as the variable, to predict the damage MODOK would do with each hit baring a crit. So far it seems as although there is a pattern, it has a element of randomness as well.

Here's the Video where I go over the spreadsheets and my thoughts, and also go over some variables of the experiment.

I'd love to know everyone's thoughts on this. If someone is interested in helping me collect data that would be fantastic as well. Thanks for Reading