**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Never thought the day would come a mobile game would make a grown man cry.

raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
edited September 2018 in Suggestions and Requests

Just for the record, I am not seeking sympathy from the community or anything like that. And perhaps, as some might be tempted to think, neither am I hoping any kind of resolution will be offered by the game developer. But maybe why my reaction to my truly unlucky pull yesterday is largely because I play this game more seriously that others.

After four months of saving, and working my fingers to near injury yesterday to be able to pull my third 6*, the gods of luck decided to take a break after I got four god tier 5* crystal pulls the last two weeks. The gods of RNG decided I should get 6* Karnak to restore the balance in the Universe. And I stick my middle finger up to them.

I really don't know why I was thrown way off course, and my reaction of getting infuriated to the point of damning my own existence seemed warranted. My sheer level of frustration just found its way to tears. Tears I would have shed as if someone close to me died.

But this whole RNG thing is what keeps this game alive, doesn't it? And where's the fun when the odds are always to your favor? My extreme negative reaction has got me thinking, "What gives?". Why am I throwing my life away for a game that has no merit in the real world whatsoever? It got me thinking deep.

I look back in my life and being an avid video game player since the early 80s when monochrome monitors and single digit Khz computers were starting to find their way to the early technology adapters, I have to be completely and brutally honest how MCOC has been the most intense game I've played. Kudos to the game design team that figured out the psychology of gaming and apply it to MCOC. This to ensure that Kabam's future will be secure through thick or thin, for better or worse. I have lost my soul and sanity to this fighting game and do not see any way to escape. Until yesterday.

Out of sheer frustration I sold half my 4*s to get enough shards for two 5* featured pulls and ended up getting Winter Soldier, twice. At that point I just placed my phone down and thought of the stupidity of what I just did.

It's been almost 24 hours since I dropped 130K rating and still staring at that 6* Karnak that taken the spot of 6* Green Goblin on my profile roster. I don't know what he's good for except arena. My 4* Black Widow will still have more use than him in every aspect of the game.

Sorry for the long read and depressing rant. But if this post strangely finds itself being read by any of the game designers of MCOC, what were you thinking putting garbage champs in the 6* pool, except perhaps it tickles your fancy to see a grown man cry over a sillly video game.

Sure it's all RNGs fault and my bad luck are to be blamed. No doubt. But what kind of game design is putting garbage into the hardest to get tier of champions? That shows an executive team devoid of compassion and full of sadism, right?

Maybe I need to take a break and see where my life is heading. But do allow me to continue wallowing in my disappointment and frustration.

Don't be like me. And thanks for reading.

x4tmxcw5e2xn.png
fk7ja5019ew2.png

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,772 ★★★★★
    Take a leaf from this experience and make doubly sure, you make a different decision in life (which I am sure you will). :)

By the way, Karnak has his uses, no?
  • Options
    StarDarts_89StarDarts_89 Posts: 419 ★★
    Its a brand new 6 star champion. Could be X-Pool DeadForce & I would be happy. New champion means more points for the arena. And frankly, Karnak isn't "that" bad. Hits decently hard, as well as being an Auto Block & Evade counter.
  • Options
    Like StarDarts_89 said, Karnak is not all that bad. DPX is the worst. Besides, you hav a 6* GG. Imagine if you triple pulled DPX. That's cry-worthy.
  • Options
    Crooked_Sprook1Crooked_Sprook1 Posts: 294 ★★
    You’re taking a game way too seriously, I mean you shouldn’t cry over a game owned by a company that cares nothing about the players except their $
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    You’re taking a game way too seriously, I mean you shouldn’t cry over a game owned by a company that cares nothing about the players except their $

927titiuz5gz.gif
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Karnak has his uses. I can understand it's disappointing to save so long an not get what you want. At least you have a 6*. ;)
  • Options
    Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Seriously, you are complaining about a Karnak when you have a GG? I just pulled Deadpool Xforcce for my 3rd featured 6* after getting juggs and hawkeye on the previous crystal. The nerve of some people complaining...

I have opened 18 featured 5* and NEVER pulled one (old crystals) 13 of those were for blade. My wife gets 2/2 on blade... How's that for RNG?
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Maybe not as much as you but I was sad trippin on my first 6* pull as well. You guessed it Karnak lol. After a couple days i said wth let me try him out. Now he’s one of my main guys in AW because my path usually has OG Spideys and Modoks. True strike is a very good thing to have in AW trust me on that one and we’re in tier 4 in AW. Not the highest but opponents are no joke either. A few days ago I opened my second 6* crystal and pulled DD. You’re complaining because your other one is GG. I’d trade those letters with you any day lol. And for curiosity, who’s your 3rd 6*? You said you got your 3rd 6* but only mentioned Karnak and GG. Anyway always remember that it’s only a game and try to enjoy it. Good luck with RNG in the future.
  • Options
    raffsterraffster Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    Smash wrote: »
    Maybe not as much as you but I was sad trippin on my first 6* pull as well. You guessed it Karnak lol. After a couple days i said wth let me try him out. Now he’s one of my main guys in AW because my path usually has OG Spideys and Modoks. True strike is a very good thing to have in AW trust me on that one and we’re in tier 4 in AW. Not the highest but opponents are no joke either. A few days ago I opened my second 6* crystal and pulled DD. You’re complaining because your other one is GG. I’d trade those letters with you any day lol. And for curiosity, who’s your 3rd 6*? You said you got your 3rd 6* but only mentioned Karnak and GG. Anyway always remember that it’s only a game and try to enjoy it. Good luck with RNG in the future.

Thanks for the reassurance. First 6* was Blackbolt. He's very useful because of his poison immune and stun on sp1.
  • Options
    SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    raffster wrote: »
    Smash wrote: »

Thanks for the reassurance. First 6* was Blackbolt. He's very useful because of his poison immune and stun on sp1.

Nice. Hopefully you have a Medusa or get her real soon. Then you’ll really like that Karnak pull because of the royal synergy
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    raffster wrote: »

Just for the record, I am not seeking sympathy from the community or anything like that. And perhaps, as some might be tempted to think, neither am I hoping any kind of resolution will be offered by the game developer. But maybe why my reaction to my truly unlucky pull yesterday is largely because I play this game more seriously that others.

After four months of saving, and working my fingers to near injury yesterday to be able to pull my third 6*, the gods of luck decided to take a break after I got four god tier 5* crystal pulls the last two weeks. The gods of RNG decided I should get 6* Karnak to restore the balance in the Universe. And I stick my middle finger up to them.

I really don't know why I was thrown way off course, and my reaction of getting infuriated to the point of damning my own existence seemed warranted. My sheer level of frustration just found its way to tears. Tears I would have shed as if someone close to me died.

But this whole RNG thing is what keeps this game alive, doesn't it? And where's the fun when the odds are always to your favor? My extreme negative reaction has got me thinking, "What gives?". Why am I throwing my life away for a game that has no merit in the real world whatsoever? It got me thinking deep.

I look back in my life and being an avid video game player since the early 80s when monochrome monitors and single digit Khz computers were starting to find their way to the early technology adapters, I have to be completely and brutally honest how MCOC has been the most intense game I've played. Kudos to the game design team that figured out the psychology of gaming and apply it to MCOC. This to ensure that Kabam's future will be secure through thick or thin, for better or worse. I have lost my soul and sanity to this fighting game and do not see any way to escape. Until yesterday.

Out of sheer frustration I sold half my 4*s to get enough shards for two 5* featured pulls and ended up getting Winter Soldier, twice. At that point I just placed my phone down and thought of the stupidity of what I just did.

It's been almost 24 hours since I dropped 130K rating and still staring at that 6* Karnak that taken the spot of 6* Green Goblin on my profile roster. I don't know what he's good for except arena. My 4* Black Widow will still have more use than him in every aspect of the game.

Sorry for the long read and depressing rant. But if this post strangely finds itself being read by any of the game designers of MCOC, what were you thinking putting garbage champs in the 6* pool, except perhaps it tickles your fancy to see a grown man cry over a sillly video game.

Sure it's all RNGs fault and my bad luck are to be blamed. No doubt. But what kind of game design is putting garbage into the hardest to get tier of champions? That shows an executive team devoid of compassion and full of sadism, right?

Maybe I need to take a break and see where my life is heading. But do allow me to continue wallowing in my disappointment and frustration.

Don't be like me. And thanks for reading.

x4tmxcw5e2xn.png
    fk7ja5019ew2.png

look at your profile, your complaint makes me sick
  • Options
    bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,148 ★★★
    😂some people want any 6* and hard to get and you are feeling some way because it not being the one you wanted
  • Options
    RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    6 *s are as good as 4/55 and karnak isint trash by any means..TS itself is worth the shards

Unless you understand you gotta keep playing no matter what you pull, you will never be happy

Ive seen people pull 6* rulk after 4/55 rulk...imagine the pain of those 4 t2a which will never be recovered
  • Options
    spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    I didn't cry when I pulled a 6* DXF, I mean I was laughing in hysterics, but turns out that really bad champ clears a ton of content for me

I did however cry the first time I faced act 5 Ultron.
  • Options
    EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Bad 6* champs even the game out. Imagine everyone running around with 6* Blade.

The world as we know it would descend into chaos.
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I can totally relate. My last 2 Featured 5* pulls were Juggernaut and Groot. It was enough to end my featured pulls. I opened a basic 5* 2 days ago...guess who showed up? Juggs again. Really wanted to cry.

I really wish they would make a 2nd chance option for 5* & 6* pulls.
  • Options
    KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Karnak gets too much hate. He is a good champ, true strike and focus come in handy, plus he reduces class disadvantage which isn't a big deal but helps when using him against a NC. Add the royal family synergy with BB and medusa and it's a potent 3 man team. He can also be used in a mutant crit team with mags and storm. I used him a lot on my SW mutant team for act 4 when he first came out.
  • Options
    6yrara936yrara93 Posts: 60
    I’m sure someone already said this, but why not wait until the basic pool got updated?
  • Options
    Panchulon21Panchulon21 Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    I wouldn’t worry about pulling Karnak. He definitely has his uses.

1.) True strike shuts down evaders and auto blockers
    2.) once focused he’s pretty decent
    3.) high health pool
    4.) high prestige

I too pulled him as my first 6 star on the first day they launched.

I then pulled black bolt and took my 4 star Medusa to 5/50. Their synergy is outstanding.

Your luck will go up and down. My best 2 6 stars were hulk rags (amaze balls) and bishop (good defender).
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    I would honestly like to pull Karnak. he ain't bad by any means and you got a cool roster tbh. Imo nothing to be mad about.

Also I have a 6* GG and I love him. his special damage is really good and he is nearly immortal.
  • Options
    JBeaverJBeaver Posts: 8
    I got DPX on my 1st 6* pull, second is BB and 3rd is CA II. I enjoyed DPX, like a lot, not because of how strong he is (is he?) as 6* but because of the animation. This may be a front but I enjoy every champ because I enjoy the game, or to be more on high level, Marvel itself. Of course I’m not satisfied with just 4* and below champs, so 6* champs is really an advantage in arena. Just my 2c, bro. -JustBeav