**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Some love for the two stars

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
edited September 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Two stars, collecting dust until Danger Rooms. I do not know how successful it has been, but it moved me at least to level-up them from R1L1 to R2L1. Two stars aren't exactly "sexy" like four stars, five stars or six stars but every player has started the Contest with two stars so they deserve some love and respect.

Two stars, two synergies

The first they bothered me, is how difficult making a good team is. A lot of the older two stars have exactly one synergy and more annoyingly, with a champion that has no regular 2* version. An example is Deadpool (X-Force), which has one synergy with Moon Knight. It is praying that I get one with the class crystals but the RNG hasn't been favourable to me. Often, I simply don't use Deadpool at all.

Another example is Abomination. It makes no sense it has no Nemesis synergy with Hulk. Oh Hulk... Why no Avengers synergy with Black Widow (like +15% stun chance)?

That's why I suggest all two stars should have at least two synergies. This way, you've more flexibility in your team.

Two stars, two signature levels

Duping two stars is easy, but getting to max signature is a whole different matter. With an increase of one level per dupe, it takes forever to level-up my two stars. It just doesn't seem to move, my highest signature level is 33. Some of my three stars have a higher one.

That's why I suggest two stars get two signature levels per dupe, like Unstoppable Colossus. This speeds up signature increase.

An update for the regular two stars pool

The 2* are the first impression of new players. Champions are required to be accessible, but most importantly, familiar. This is however not often the case. There are some champions that I feel do not belong to be regular 2* champions.

CAVEAT: I do not suggest adding all existing 2* to the regular pool. Not only will this kill the charm of having a rare 2*, but it will also make it very tedious for new players to dupe their champions. I remember it was very frustrating for me to wait to get a first dupe.

I suggest the following changes:
  • Deadpool (X-Force) --> Deadpool (Classic): with the new Deadpool movies, new players would like to be able to play with the "real" Deadpool, the one that can regenerate. I found it very disappointing when pulling the X-Force version it couldn't. I don't think this will hurt Kabam revenue, 2* Vision (Classic) is also in the regular pool but the others are pay-to-play.
  • Guillotine --> Doctor Strange: before this game, I never even heard of this champion before. Doctor Strange on the other hand is not in the regular pool, even though it is far more familiar. Even more: a lot of the regular champions have a synergy bonus with Doctor Strange, but none with Guillotine.
  • Superior IM --> Captain Marvel: we shouldn't bother new players with two identical copies of Iron Man. It would be more useful to give them Captain Marvel, especially with upcoming movie in mind.
  • Iron Fist --> Dormammu: it is the same tale as Guillotine. Pretty much an unknown character. Dormammu also has a nice Nemesis synergy with Doctor Strange.

Currently, the regular pool contains 35 champions. I think there is room to add 7 more, without reducing the chance to dupe one a lot:
  • Loki
  • Groot
  • Daredevil (Classic)
  • Black Panther (CW)
  • Killmonger
  • Venom
  • Beast or Nightcrawler

Add the "Contest boss" champions as 2*

I'm fast-forwarding a lot, but next year on 11 December 2019, the Contest will have its 5th anniversary. I always wanted to have a 2* Thanos, Kang, Ultron (Classic), Grandmaster, Collector and Maestro. Make it happen Kabam!

What are your thoughts?

Comments

• twocastlestwocastles Posts: 16
    I'd like to see "Star" wars...meaning wars limited by star rating. They could even be a take on the dungeons, and be "mini" wars or even better, some love for the nomads out there and have solo wars. 2 Star only. 3 Star only, etc. Make them worth more than a cheap sale to get minimal resources to upgrade higher tiers. And it would even the playing field a bit.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    twocastles wrote: »
    I'd like to see "Star" wars...meaning wars limited by star rating. They could even be a take on the dungeons, and be "mini" wars or even better, some love for the nomads out there and have solo wars. 2 Star only. 3 Star only, etc. Make them worth more than a cheap sale to get minimal resources to upgrade higher tiers. And it would even the playing field a bit.
    Star Wars, I like that!

(But seeing Kabam has only a Marvel license, this might get them into trouble. Or they should ask Disney, owner of Lucasfilm, for permission.)

Although I fear wars would be rather boring, as everyone would just use maxed-out champions. Oh and everyone would put awakened Iron Man (IM) as end boss.