**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Pheonix is way underrated!

EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
I go up against people at 2500 and if I get em against a wall, 4 heavy attacks in a row will destroy them. It inflicts 3 or 4 armor break and incinerate after the second one. Who agrees?

k8u4py96c3y2.png

Comments

• DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    lol
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Also, her 2 and 3 star attacks are way overpowered.
  • KDTrippeKDTrippe Posts: 68
    Most underrated champ in the game imo. Play her like og Thor and she do damage. She’s just overlooked because she’s not op like the comics and don’t make players sweat about potentially being on the nerf hot seat
  • *Phoenix
  • Phoenix and Karnak are the most underrated champs in the game. Especially Karnak. But Phoenix can be great if you know how to use her.
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Phoenix and Karnak are the most underrated champs in the game. Especially Karnak. But Phoenix can be great if you know how to use her.

Agreed and I would add Hawkeye on that list. Not many praise him but he’s awesome
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Champs like phoenix, ultron, vulture have great mechanics, fun to play, and strong when used
    But people don’t wanna think they just want to steamroller through everything without thinking much
    And they underrate such champs

Oh i love phoenix btw congrats
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    She's a bit underrated due to her low stats and her mechanics, but once you figure out how to use her and have her duped she can become a monster that is as long as you don't push her to far which wastes her charges and lowers her regain.

Shes a burst damage type but requires you to be good at parry and relies to heavily one her heavies to build her charges and she's also has some big drawbacks and is a terrible defender.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Etjama wrote: »
    I go up against people at 2500 and if I get em against a wall, 4 heavy attacks in a row will destroy them. It inflicts 3 or 4 armor break and incinerate after the second one. Who agrees?

k8u4py96c3y2.png

I was about to say something like Let Me Know How That Works Out For You Against Uncollected Omega Red but then I saw your level and say instead Let Me Know How That Works Out For You Against Maestro or maybe act 3 Thanos.

There's underrated, and then there's useful. She's definitely maybe one of the two.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    she's not. people know she's ok, but there are some better champs for any match up, so she becomes second option. useless in war against any mystic with md, also relies on heavies a lot, wich is not good, as most of difficult fights are stun imune nodes. also it or generally hard to keep her in right condition, especially when you opponent won't throw his special
    compare to hype, corvus or even medusa, whom I don't like personally - no reason to use phoenix
    edited September 2018
    Aleor wrote: »
    she's not. people know she's ok, but there are some better champs for any match up, so she becomes second option. useless in war against any mystic with md, also relies on heavies a lot, wich is not good, as most of difficult fights are stun imune nodes. also it or generally hard to keep her in right condition, especially when you opponent won't throw his special
    compare to hype, corvus or even medusa, whom I don't like personally - no reason to use phoenix

AA relies on his heavy too. He’s a bad match up against bleed and poison immune but he’s still praised. Their play styles are the same
    Karuseus wrote: »
    Champs like phoenix, ultron, vulture have great mechanics, fun to play, and strong when used
    But people don’t wanna think they just want to steamroller through everything without thinking much

Vulture is definitely nice. That thermal feedback is good. It actually has DoT like a good bleed champ. His drawback is low crit rate but it’s hard to notice really cuz I gain those charges pretty quick
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    maybe shes underrated because what she should be she is nowhere near her true potential , she is suppose to be the most powerful character in this game by far not even close, its laughable how they created her
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    She's definitely underrated. Many are. She's a beast with 10 Fury
  • issamaf80issamaf80 Posts: 1,472 ★★★
    KDTrippe wrote: »
    Karuseus wrote: »

Vulture is definitely nice. That thermal feedback is good. It actually has DoT like a good bleed champ. His drawback is low crit rate but it’s hard to notice really cuz I gain those charges pretty quick

Yes me too I love using Vulture
  • Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 684 ★★★
    Pheonix sucks
  • FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    Pheonix sucks

No u just dont know how to use her properly
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    There's no fight in the game where she is even a top20 option. She's not good
  • ZarakikZarakik Posts: 178
    edited September 2018
    I have her as a 5* 4/55 her damage is good and shes good if u have to finish some boss with buffs and u do just let him hit u and unleash few combos on him, very good for AQ and questing, bad for AW and i dont like that shes flying champ and has that stupid movement of flying champs
    sslyrpb0dm0a.jpg
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Etjama wrote: »

k8u4py96c3y2.png

I was about to say something like Let Me Know How That Works Out For You Against Uncollected Omega Red but then I saw your level and say instead Let Me Know How That Works Out For You Against Maestro or maybe act 3 Thanos.

There's underrated, and then there's useful. She's definitely maybe one of the two.
    Thanos can be destroyed with Pheonix. And Maestro. Hell she even killed ROL Wolvie look it up. She's underrated
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    I mean… I’ve alsways said that if her Phoenix charges and Fury were a bit easier to manage that her incinerate game would be up there as a nice pick for “Alt DoT”
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    I mean… I’ve alsways said that if her Phoenix charges and Fury were a bit easier to manage that her incinerate game would be up there as a nice pick for “Alt DoT”

She was one of my first champions, so maybe I've just learned how to play her well.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Gonna be even better with an even lower skill cap with the Emma Frost synergy
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    She’s meh, too many hoops to jump thru small window for big damage, no abilities other than damage dealer. She deserves to be better, maybe if she got a buff like rulk where you didn’t lose all your charges so easily 🤷‍♂️
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    She’s meh, too many hoops to jump thru small window for big damage, no abilities other than damage dealer. She deserves to be better, maybe if she got a buff like rulk where you didn’t lose all your charges so easily 🤷‍♂️

That’s what I’m saying! She has potential! More so than Colossus had and now both OR/EF have op Synergies for him

She’s a proof of concept that there’s a better Phoenix possible imo. A Rulk based system buff would absolutely make her a viable and possibly even desirable incinerate junky
  • dtapedtape Posts: 35
    edited September 2018
    No need to speak to people "you don't know how to use her" to prove she is good or you are better. She is decent if I have limited amount of choice. But think about a simple question, if you have all cosmic champs ready for use, is she still your top 3 or even top 5? Would you invest resource on her prior to Corvus Glaive, Hyperion, Medusa... and so on? She is not a game changer in most of scenarios. Maybe the community does just rate her as a decent champ. That is not underrated. I would use her for fun in the danger room this month but not for EQ, Act 5, AQ or AW.
  • Mitchell35Mitchell35 Posts: 1,897 ★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    EvilEmpire wrote: »

That’s what I’m saying! She has potential! More so than Colossus had and now both OR/EF have op Synergies for him

She’s a proof of concept that there’s a better Phoenix possible imo. A Rulk based system buff would absolutely make her a viable and possibly even desirable incinerate junky

That’s basically what the Emma Frost synergy is. Her furies don’t expire when she goes into overload.