**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Alliance War match making suggestion

Tre783Tre783 Posts: 4
edited September 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
I have searched the forum for what I am about suggest and have not found anything regarding what I suggest. There are others that are experiencing the same issue in regards to war match making.
Regarding alliance war matching, myself and fellow alliance members have notice that about 75% of our alliance wars we are out matched (opposing alliance is much stronger than us). Opposing alliances will also be "sandbagging" their ratings to be matched up with an easier opponent. For example similiar alliance prestige rating (or within range) but members will have a lot more higher star champs and higher ranked champs.
I believe the system the game uses to make war matches is a flaw and should be changed. What would be fair if the system used average champion prestige rating of each member. For example I have 200 champs with a rating of 163,000. My average champion rating would be 815. Where in a AW where we were clearly out matched and they were "sandbagging" one member of that alliance had a rating of 160,00 and 123 champions; giving them an average rating of 1300. They also had quite a few 5 star rank 4 champs as top champs where myself and fellow ally members have 4 star rank 4 champs with similar ratings.
To sum it up, alliance war match making should be based off of each members average champion rating. This will eliminate the "sandbagging" and keep wars fair for both sides.
Additionally a members total rating should not be a factor. It should be the average of rating to the number of champions. For example, I have members of my alliance that have a rating a lot ower than me but have much stronger champions than I have.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    Once again we are at war with a team that have sand bagged their personal ratings and we are out matched.

Also why is that my post has gotten no attention yet post with ridiculous suggestions like "removing 2* champs from crystals" gets a ton of attention and comments?!?!
  • Options
    Ortem420Ortem420 Posts: 76
    I feel you man. The reason it isn't getting attention is that there have been SO SO SO many complaints about AW match making and it's obvious devs or KABAM isn't going to do anything about it. They know it's flawed and i'm sure they can fix it with all the suggestions that have been given to them. But they simply won't. Their focus is always on new and new content only. New champs, new quest, new game modes, etc etc. Regardless if all that new content comes with bugs or not. That's where all the effort goes to.
    I myself have suggested ways they can better AW match making. Like having a lock on each players total rating, before they sold off their champs. Which will avoid Alliances sandbagging cuz regardless of how many champs they sell. Their true rating will be forever be locked and can never decrease but can increase with the addition of new champs. All while their current rating will still display and function the same, but ultimately won't have any actual effect on AW matchmaking. Therefore, an Alliances total Rating will be that total of each members original and locked rating and it as well can't be decreased, unless members get kicked or leave the Alliance. But if the latter doesn't happen, then the Rating only goes up as new champs get added to Rosters
  • Options
    NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Yes. We just got matched with a Ally who are 650k over us, but, they have 5* top rank. I know 650k doesn't look too big, but when you are in silver, it is. We - 3.8m Them - 4.46.
    But, what can I do? Nothing. We are just going to fight the best we can, and, if we are very skilled or lucky, we may win.

My opinion is, the rating system should take only the top 10 champs of each players for ranking. One of the guy I know, have 2 accounts. One of is account is only for war rating. He sold everything lower than 4*. He have a rating of around 300k, around 50k over me, but, he have monster champs.
    Ortem420 wrote: »
    I myself have suggested ways they can better AW match making. Like having a lock on each players total rating, before they sold off their champs. Which will avoid Alliances sandbagging cuz regardless of how many champs they sell. Their true rating will be forever be locked and can never decrease but can increase with the addition of new champs. All while their current rating will still display and function the same, but ultimately won't have any actual effect on AW matchmaking. Therefore, an Alliances total Rating will be that total of each members original and locked rating and it as well can't be decreased, unless members get kicked or leave the Alliance. But if the latter doesn't happen, then the Rating only goes up as new champs get added to Rosters

Man, I vote for you...You can go up, not down.
  • Options
    Instead of using the average player rating of the alliance for war matching, it should be based on average prestige rating (top 8 to 10/11 champs of each summoner)

To me it seems like it could be an easy fix. Also since there are sooo many complaints about it you would think that it would be something Kabam would want to try to address and take care of. But doing that doesn't make them money and that's all they really care about; this goes beyond their intelligence as well when it comes to competitive integrity. My alliance have discussed opting not to go to war because it's such an on going issue.

Secondly a summoner's total rating should not be factor at all. I have several members in my ally that have a lower rating than myself and if you were to match us up against each other in battle they would kick my ass every time. I've always thought this since I started playing.

Yes. We just got matched with a Ally who are 650k over us, but, they have 5* top rank. I know 650k doesn't look too big, but when you are in silver, it is. We - 3.8m Them - 4.46.
    But, what can I do? Nothing. We are just going to fight the best we can, and, if we are very skilled or lucky, we may win.

My opinion is, the rating system should take only the top 10 champs of each players for ranking. One of the guy I know, have 2 accounts. One of is account is only for war rating. He sold everything lower than 4*. He have a rating of around 300k, around 50k over me, but, he have monster champs.
    Ortem420 wrote: »

Man, I vote for you...You can go up, not down.