**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Use a mutant awakening gem on AA or ICEMAN

I completed 5.3.6 and not only did a I pull a 5 star rank up (mutant) I pulled a 5 star mutant awakening gem. Who benefits more AA or Iceman, or the 3rd option wait for someone else ?

Comments

• KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Personally I'd wait buuut if you absolutely need someone right now for AW, I'd lean toward Iceman.

EDIT - I forgot to also mention that there is a biohazard path in every part of 5.4. If you haven't 100% that yet, Iceman is the answer here.
  • I say AA but depending on your roster, Iceman could also be very beneficial. AA just benefits more from the AG
  • Mostu100Mostu100 Posts: 79
    Archangel’s ability reduction depends on him being awakened. Awakening iceman will only let you start the fight with coldsnap which benefits you in fighting evade champs but it’s manageable. I’d say better use it on Archangel
  • B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    AA for sure. He really needs it to be the best at his game. Iceman it helps him. But not like it does with AA.
  • FooshblalalaFooshblalala Posts: 277 ★★
    AA IMO. I think iceman is a better champ overall, but having two god tier champs is better than having one. I’d rank iceman to r4 but not aa. He just doesn’t need it
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,426 ★★★★
    Ice if you like mashing buttons (who doesn't?) right from the start against the NCs, spidermen and ultrons of the game, AA if you like finishing the fight against the bleeders of the game quickly.
  • ShadyOneShadyOne Posts: 12
    Don’t use it on AA. IMO a lot of limitations for him. Yes, I have a duped 5*. I won’t r4 him. Iceman is useful in so many ways, he’s well worth awaken/rankup.

That being said, new mutants are awesome too. Sabertooth, Domino, and now Omega Red and Emma Frost. Your call, but Ice is a great option
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited September 2018
    Like above poster said AA got a lot of limitations. And unless you want to r4 him I wouldn't use the AG on him.

Ici boi imo is one of the best option to invest an 5* AG in. his Sig benefits him a lot (he's still god or demi god without it). But honestly I would wait for Rogue. maybe even Emma if she turns to be a god tier champ.
  • CdvaCdva Posts: 52
    Thanks all, I am still no where near deciding
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    I'd use it on AA unless you're going to wait for a new God tier. But I wouldn't rank four AA, I would rank four an unawakened Iceman over AA. I have him at rank four as a five star and wish I hadn't. He is fine as a three and doesn't benefit as much as four. But it may be a better idea just to hold off. Domino comes to five star basic on the 25th.
  • CdvaCdva Posts: 52
    10 four it’s not a question as who to rank up as they are both already at rank 4,and doing a great job,it’s who benefits and more from the awakening
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Iceman
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    I would wait. Newer mutants are more worthy. Sabretooth and Domino are great. Omega and Emma both look like they have great potential.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    AA hands down. Iceman is fun and cool, but he doesn't really need the AG. AA reduces ability accuracy and stops regen when neurotoxins are on.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Iceman or save for the new mutant, AA is just way too limited and debatable if he’s worth a r4 anymore. I can’t see anyone being worth an aG unless they are going r4 or r5 so I wouldn’t use that on him.
  • UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
    Cyclops for AQ