**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

The problem with Prestige

I think the Prestige system needs to be reworked. I know you’ve said in the past @Kabam Miike that our understanding of it isn’t 100% but on the right track, so this is based off of how we understand it.

Using the ratings of your top 5 champions doesn’t really adequately reflect account strength anymore, partially because of the shortage of t2a and t5b catalysts. If you want to gauge account strength, and use that to set the difficulty in AQ, 11 champions should be used to rate an account (or 12 if you’re particularly fond of even numbers, as I am). Why 11 (12)? You have your 3 for AQ, 3 for war attack, and 5 for war defense. This ensures an accurate representation of account strength for your standard active player. Unless you allow us to use the same champions in war and AQ simultaneously, it doesn’t make sense to set the AQ difficulty to your top few champions when you may not even be using them for AQ. This is becoming more of a problem with the increasingly large push towards war, because of the season rewards, but also now because AQ has seen an increase in overall difficulty, especially map 5. The ai speed has increased, ai intuition has gotten better, and the mini bosses have an unbalanced attack boost. If you know that the majority of your active customers are war focused, and using many of their best champions in that mode, there can’t be an increase in AQ difficulty while still using an outdated method for scaling that difficulty. It unbalances the game, and an unbalanced game just isn’t as fun.

If you’re seriously interested in the longevity of your game, and the happiness of your customer base, you should strongly consider adjusting your prestige system to get a better representation of account strength.

Comments

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    It should also say what your prestige is on your page with all of your personal stats.
  • Prestige should definitely be included in your profile. It's a joke they use it and don't let anyone know what theirs is lol.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Ummm...so you want to lower everyone's prestige and therefore have us score less points in AQ?
  • Zayo_278Zayo_278 Posts: 264
    Your prestige is a reflection of your choices in the game and how far you’ve gotten. The system works perfectly. If you want to know your prestige please use the in game alliance strength option or the myriad of third party apps to do that. My prestige is NOT your business so I don’t support making it public
  • BirdReynoldsBirdReynolds Posts: 527 ★★★
    @Solswerd not really the intent but yeah I guess they would drop, although the rankings wouldn’t really change much outside of some small fluctuations, and I’d hope they would scale the milestone points accordingly. The point of this is to have prestige based off of a broader snapshot of your account, so AQ is scaled more appropriately. Not just 5 champs who a lot of people probably use for war at this point.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    @Solswerd not really the intent but yeah I guess they would drop, although the rankings wouldn’t really change much outside of some small fluctuations, and I’d hope they would scale the milestone points accordingly. The point of this is to have prestige based off of a broader snapshot of your account, so AQ is scaled more appropriately. Not just 5 champs who a lot of people probably use for war at this point.

But those who do have deeper rosters would be hurt by this. Plus, prestige is not necessarily a measurement of strength or who the best champs are. Spider-Gwen's prestige is much higher than Wolverine's...and there are many other examples. I currently have Quake as one of my top 5 champs and do not use her in either AQ or AW. (not knocking Quake, just pointing out that not everybody's top 5 is automatically in AW)

My point is, not everybody's top 5 represents their best champs or their AW champs.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Not sure what difference it makes whether the champs are actually used in AQ. Don't really need best champs for map 5 anyway. Interesting idea but I feel like it would create pressure for some to rank more 4/55s instead of waiting for better rank up options.