**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Emma frost to hard

Anyone else still having trouble with Emma frost?

I’ve watched a done of videos and fought her multiple times and still am having a lot of problems.

This would be the first time in 6 months that I am unable to do completion (1 time through each map) for BOTH master and uncollected monthly quest.

My champs are all 8000+ PI, I’m using 5* R4 stark Spider-Man, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I use all 5 of my champs and barely put a dent into her.

Please help!

Comments

• Options
    CaramesCarames Posts: 284 ★★
    She is a skill fight, through and through. It's all about practice and learning to bait and evade her sp1. I found it best to go through heroic first to practice against her, or the uncanny danger room, until you get her down. Certain champs have benefits against her, but you don't need to have a certain champ to beat her.
  • Options
    1ceman181ceman18 Posts: 32
    edited September 2018
    So far I've being able to use three champions to defeat her and have seen other posts about being able to use Medusa to defeat her, which is true. If you have Medusa use her and also you can use Kang to defeat her as well. If you use his sp2 which will stun her and then the power drain will remove her diamond form buff, even Vision can make a dent if you once again use his sp1 or sp2 attacks. But you have to rank them as i had to use a 4 star r2 20/20 Vision and a 3 star r3 30/30 Medusa. Try them if you these champs.
  • Options
    InfinityM04InfinityM04 Posts: 118
    I had 4* R4 duped NC, 4* R5 Hyperion unduped, 4& R4 IMIW unduped, 4* R4 Vision (AoU) duped, and a 5* R3 Ghost Rider unduped. Only two can inflict an Armor Break but what I did, I hated her SP2 because even blocking it takes a good amount of damage. My advise is try to get her to use her SP1, DON'T try to avoid it, just take it, don't move just block. If you move the inverted controls get you and you take the full force of the damage. Other than that, just keep hitting her. Block or evade with Dexterity and keep hitting her. I was able to go through Master no problem, except once I had to use heal. You have to find your own tactic that works for you.

FYI, IMIW helped a lot because of his Armor, her hits while I was blocking and her SP1 barely did any damage. So maybe also find someone with high armor?
  • Options
    CassyCassy Posts: 1,071 ★★★
    I did her with Venompool, NC, Sparky, gr, Blade, Vision.
    A specific fighting style is required to beat her down.

The hardest is to switch to this style. Once u're in, she is not quite easy, but far from impossible.
    Focus! And she's no Problem.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,428 ★★★★
    edited September 2018
    Cyborgdean wrote: »
    Anyone else still having trouble with Emma frost?

I’ve watched a done of videos and fought her multiple times and still am having a lot of problems.

This would be the first time in 6 months that I am unable to do completion (1 time through each map) for BOTH master and uncollected monthly quest.

My champs are all 8000+ PI, I’m using 5* R4 stark Spider-Man, I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, I use all 5 of my champs and barely put a dent into her.

Please help!

If you're having issues with EF in master, you're probably not beating Omega Red either. It's not so much what champ is a magic bullet, it's understanding how to play around the Oscillate debuff. It's genius how, to start the fight, she's armored, un-stunnable AND has a 300% increased attack, so you have to time everything out so when she hits the Increased Armor phase of Oscillate she's in telepath form. Helpful hint: heavy the snot out of her when she's in defensive oscillate mode and get your damage over time damage in there while she's telepath. Power control champs are useful, but really when in doubt just be prepared to hold block when she hits a bar of power (block works the same in forward and reverse, as Thanos showed). As many have pointed out, spam your sp1 to keep the power bar ratio to hers in your advantage.
    In a lot of ways, the best practice for her is the uncanny danger room, where it's just the power spikes you have to worry about.
  • Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    Diamond is pretty hard so I think it’s fitting
  • Options
    Bdavis_2017Bdavis_2017 Posts: 245
    It’s all about evading the sp1 and intercepting, try and keep her power higher than yours, so use your sp1 as soon as it’s available, I used a r4 spark to 100% uncollected. Just practice on master and heroic and try not to take block dmg, attack into her block and push to sp1
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Hyperion L2. Bait her Special 1, Armor Break, and apply Incinerate. I'm waiting to R3 my 5* Sentinel to test him as well, but I imagine he's useful.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    I will say this again:

Any champ can beat her. Just block her first hit. Count 1 then dash forward, then immediately dash backwards and your champ will go forward to attack her and do a combo. Whenever she reaches a special before you she will be in diamond form. Then on your combos you must combine specials to keep your power always low.

The less power you have the less time she is on diamond form.

Now with this strategy bleeders or debuff inflicting champs will smoke her fast. I killed her with Guillotine for fun. I used SL when I got tired of fighter her. She is not that bad. I have one shot both uncollected and epic with 4 stars. If you are using a 4 star use armor breakers and heavy damage dealers.

I wont even metion the best champs the list is too long. Spark should kill her with ease
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Hope this helps
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    Yondu works well, I found. Mine is a 5* r3.

Edit: Yondu is also fantastic against Omega Red.
  • Options
    Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    Yondu and GG do great against Emma Frost. though it's a matter of getting used to her inverse control mechanic that isn't really bad tbh. Just bait, evade her sp1 and attack. She can literally be beat by any champ. You can also use that Kinetic reactor to your advantage.

She caught me off guard the first time but the latest two tries I did pretty fine and no revives used.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I beat her once in Uncollected. It ain't worth 100% this month in my opinion.
  • Options
    CyborgdeanCyborgdean Posts: 38
    I’m really mad at myself. This month was a total money grab. I shouldn’t have done 100% it.... cost me 2500 units no joke. But now I have a R5 5* (;