**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Do you run Suicide Masteries consistently? If so, can I pick your brain?

ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
Hey, folks!

So, I finally took the plunge a few days ago and unlocked them -- Recoil, Liquid Courage and the other one for Bleed. Just one point in each.

Tested them. You definitely see a difference in certain characters -- my OG Vision almost felt like a new character, tbh -- though I had to remind myself that firing off specials is costly.

But my question is this: Do you run them all the time? As in, even when your characters can bleed or be poisoned? Or do you simply run double immunity characters because that is why you opened them up -- just to boost the attack of the Icemen and Ultrons and Visions of the world?

Did anyone use them while clearing or competing 5.3/5.4? Do you get used to the continuous Liquid Courage damage in harder content? Is it even noticeable when you are fighting opponents with larger health pools, because you need to get them down ASAP?

Just trying to pick the brains of people who use these a lot -- I kinda like them and might would pop another point in each, if heavy users exist and really like them a lot

Comments

• Options
    But at the same time, it's definitely weird losing health points from direct damage. I tried to convince myself that it is like fighting Iceman or Mephisto or Dormammu, but it feels different
  • Options
    SyndicatedSyndicated Posts: 574 ★★★
    ESF wrote: »
    But at the same time, it's definitely weird losing health points from direct damage. I tried to convince myself that it is like fighting Iceman or Mephisto or Dormammu, but it feels different

Only can say, that Suicides are for arenas, and some missions, nothing more.
  • Options
    Syndicated wrote: »

Only can say, that Suicides are for arenas, and some missions, nothing more.

Huh. Now that's interesting -- I hadn't thought of that. I hardly ever go hard in Arena anymore. But that is interesting. Because in that setting...huh. I hadn't even tried it in Arena.

I might have to try that, go hard for a cycle, see what that looks like. I had been pretty burned out on that aspect of gameplay, but if you can kinda muscle your way through it quicker because you are stronger...huh.

Maybe that would make it more palatable so I could address my ongoing gold issues

• Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Depends on your roster.

My roster is tailored to suicides and I love them for arena.

I have 5/65 Blade who regens like a maniac
    6 star Nebula
    Iceman
    LOL ultron
    King groot
    Rogue
    Guillotine
    Dormammu

• Options
    CapWW2 wrote: »
    Depends on your roster.

6 star Nebula
    Iceman
    LOL ultron
    King groot
    Rogue
    Guillotine
    Dormammu

Interesting. Very, very interesting. I am sensing a theme here, with the Arena aspect. I understand you still gotta play the rounds, but still. If it is that noticeable in Arena, I might need to take a look at that and see what's up

• Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    edited September 2018
    I ran them full time and did 100% act five with them. I only stopped once season two of alliance war came because it’s to much trouble tonswitch just for defense
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Depends on your roster.

6 star Nebula
    Iceman
    LOL ultron
    King groot
    Rogue
    Guillotine
    Dormammu

Interesting. Very, very interesting. I am sensing a theme here, with the Arena aspect. I understand you still gotta play the rounds, but still. If it is that noticeable in Arena, I might need to take a look at that and see what's up

Yes I only rank immune and regen champs. If youbdont play in top tiers of AW suicides is very viable.

I get thru AQ easily. Ranking regen champs means i can freely recover recoil damage easily.

Immune champs only use SP3 unless i can do a lethal blow. Let me show you what I mean:

1. Any Special to finish the fight.
    2. An SP3
    3. An Special with super high damage like the one below:

23,000 damage per 0.5 seconds amount 200,000+ damage.u6v61gpr2mgf.png
  • Options
    Batman05 wrote: »
    I ran them full time and did 100% act five with them. I only stopped once season two of alliance war came because it’s to much trouble tonswitch just for defense

Full time, huh? I won't lie: I am thinking about trying that. I definitely understand there's a price to pay, but I really am curious about it.

I still run Willpower, so I do mitigate some of the losses

• Options
    Depends on your roster.

6 star Nebula
    Iceman
    LOL ultron
    King groot
    Rogue
    Guillotine
    Dormammu

Yes I only rank immune and regen champs. If youbdont play in top tiers of AW suicides is very viable.

I get thru AQ easily. Ranking regen champs means i can freely recover recoil damage easily.

Immune champs only use SP3 unless i can do a lethal blow. Let me show you what I mean:

1. Any Special to finish the fight.
    2. An SP3
    3. An Special with super high damage like the one below:

23,000 damage per 0.5 seconds amount 200,000+ damage.u6v61gpr2mgf.png

OK. Now we're cooking with gas. I do like defined playstyles where people go all-in on certain ways to play.

I had always been a power control guy, but I have enough Single or Double Immunity characters, and Regen characters, who I like using enough to try this for a bit.

Know who I thought it made kinda interesting? Agent Venom and OG Hulk. Tenacity procs often enough at the start to where you mostly get the benefits, and bleeding Hulk just makes him stronger and stronger, with no penalty for the Liquid Coursge

• Options
    Some characters have Bleed and Poison resistance, allowing them to actually gain health while using the Willpower mastery with Suicides. Here’s a demonstration using MODOK with the Abomination synergy...
    https://youtu.be/hM7QfY6kHbE

NICE

Wow. I definitely have some thinking and reading to do!

• Options
    KKNJ07KKNJ07 Posts: 10
    If you have salve, recovery & will power maxed, non bleed and non poison immune champs will recover the health loss caused by liquid courage (LC) and double edge (DE). Unless you use specials mid fight (only SP1 & SP2), you’ll not see any health loss happening.
    Using specials in the middle of the fight will still make you lose health. But SP3 will incur no health loss due to recoil.
    Definitely helps in arena grinding where you’ll finish matches much quickly and gain little increased points. Max attack benefits only when you have LC & DE maxed. Level 1 might just give you a glimpse.
    Some fights that demand specials SP1 & SP2 might not benefit running suicides.
  • Options
    WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    If you run double edge with corvis along with maxed willpower its almost like a Dr. Voodoo regen at the beginning of the fight, its too taxing on my other champs though for me to do it full time.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    If you run the suicide masteries you need max willpower and max recovery. I also maxed coagulate. I lost very little health with these. If you use liquid courage do not just put one point go ahead and do three bc you receive the same damage as one point but you get more attack so it’s smarter. Also special three do not take recoil damage. It’s a bug but works still. Remember that poison reduces all healing by 30% also. So you will lose health even with max everything I told you. I would use x23 a lot during quests bc she could heal up during longer fights. Magik is good for suicides bc limbo will restore most of the recoil damage so you can use her specials like normal. I wouldn’t use a lot of special one or two with other champs tho.