**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Alliance War Matchmaking

SpudMan_GSpudMan_G Posts: 14
edited September 2018 in General Discussion
Another war just started and our opponents are way out of our league... They were in Platinum and we were in Gold last season. Don't know if we should fight or just leave it be. This matchmaking happened because of our Alliance's name i guess.. 5g0llrmd4eon.png
kjbd9r4ty64o.png
scdtrbfb1xte.png

Comments

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    wow... 1,000 different in AW rating ... that IS weird.
  • Archdemon_Archdemon_ Posts: 618 ★★
    Going out on a limb here - I suspect the larger alliance forced losses in the "off season" so that they dropped to the bottom of the pile of matches. now they're capitalising on this by having weak match ups.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    Archdemon_ wrote: »
    Going out on a limb here - I suspect the larger alliance forced losses in the "off season" so that they dropped to the bottom of the pile of matches. now they're capitalising on this by having weak match ups.

I do not think tanking in offseason can cause a 1,000 different war rating matchup.

This kind of matchup usually only occurs if the matchmaking goes for a longer time than normal (when closer matchups cannot be found)... then the envelope of what AW rankings will match gets wider and wider, resulting in a mis-match like the one shown in original post.

OP, do you run 3 wars each week with 3 battlegroups? (so normal matchmaking searches occurring Wednesday/Friday/Sunday afternoon/evenings)
  • Eric987Eric987 Posts: 78
    Yeah our matchmaking ran for about 6 hours total, it’s unreal that we weren’t able to find a match in that timeframe.
  • SpudMan_GSpudMan_G Posts: 14
    Yes we try to maximise our chances of moving up to gold 2. So we try and run 3 wars a week. Matchmaking was unfair on us and we lost the war and had just a single defensive kill. We just lost 2 points as a result of this loss