**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

No More Dungeons!!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Speeds80 said:

Literally have 20 friends on my friends list from dungeons who can all complete 4-5 room 7s now just from doing this, it's messed up that 6*s take so long to refresh, there was no point in that change, they are also great for gold was a lot more frustrating when I only had a couple teams capable of doing map 7 but now I probably have 4 or 5 teams I could pass 4-5 room 7s

There was a huge point to the long refresh of the champions: its actually what made dungeons more attractive to play.

When dungeons first came out the rewards were relatively low for the effort, but you could just grind them out continuously. Burnout was the largest single complaint about dungeons: to really get the good rewards out of them players felt they had to play them continuously. So dungeons were revised in such a way that the amount of rewards you could get out of dungeons was similar to what it was before in terms of overall time, but the actual amount of time you had to play dungeons was dramatically reduced. Cooldowns were the mechanism that enforced that rate limit.

Without long cooldowns dungeon rewards have to be balanced around the theoretical maximum that a player could grind out continuously, and that would mean dungeon rewards would have to be low for most players playing them much less. With cooldowns burnout is rarer and the rewards per unit time of gameplay can be much higher. The very fact that people keep asking for cooldowns to be reduced, in my opinion, says they are working as intended, because they were intended to eliminate burnout. When players are complaining about the cooldowns being too long instead of being constantly burned out on dungeons, that's actually a good thing.
    Can't agree with you here, all I said was it was frustrating that 6* have such a long refresh now, they aren't really more powerful than a 5* at this stage so not sure why we can't use them 3-4 days later on the next dungeon round like we can a 5*. As I said I'm ok with the refreshes now that my teams solid but I think the longer refresh times made it more frustrating to players who start fights with randoms to have them leave or die instantly (I've had people join map 7 with 4*s and die on first fight) or encounter bugs as then they aren't able to use those champs again that round, meaning if they want to maximise rewards Instead of waiting a Day or two to try again with their a team. they have to start running easier rooms and have more fights which in my mind would be a burnout factor
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    Speeds80 said:

DNA3000 said:

Speeds80 said:

Literally have 20 friends on my friends list from dungeons who can all complete 4-5 room 7s now just from doing this, it's messed up that 6*s take so long to refresh, there was no point in that change, they are also great for gold was a lot more frustrating when I only had a couple teams capable of doing map 7 but now I probably have 4 or 5 teams I could pass 4-5 room 7s

There was a huge point to the long refresh of the champions: its actually what made dungeons more attractive to play.

When dungeons first came out the rewards were relatively low for the effort, but you could just grind them out continuously. Burnout was the largest single complaint about dungeons: to really get the good rewards out of them players felt they had to play them continuously. So dungeons were revised in such a way that the amount of rewards you could get out of dungeons was similar to what it was before in terms of overall time, but the actual amount of time you had to play dungeons was dramatically reduced. Cooldowns were the mechanism that enforced that rate limit.

Without long cooldowns dungeon rewards have to be balanced around the theoretical maximum that a player could grind out continuously, and that would mean dungeon rewards would have to be low for most players playing them much less. With cooldowns burnout is rarer and the rewards per unit time of gameplay can be much higher. The very fact that people keep asking for cooldowns to be reduced, in my opinion, says they are working as intended, because they were intended to eliminate burnout. When players are complaining about the cooldowns being too long instead of being constantly burned out on dungeons, that's actually a good thing.
    Can't agree with you here, all I said was it was frustrating that 6* have such a long refresh now, they aren't really more powerful than a 5* at this stage so not sure why we can't use them 3-4 days later on the next dungeon round like we can a 5*. As I said I'm ok with the refreshes now that my teams solid but I think the longer refresh times made it more frustrating to players who start fights with randoms to have them leave or die instantly (I've had people join map 7 with 4*s and die on first fight) or encounter bugs as then they aren't able to use those champs again that round, meaning if they want to maximise rewards Instead of waiting a Day or two to try again with their a team. they have to start running easier rooms and have more fights which in my mind would be a burnout factor
    6*s are massively more powerful than 5*s. Out of the gate at r1 they are roughly equiv to a rank 4 5* without requiring all the rank up materials. Besides if you have 6*s you should have plenty of champs to not need to worry about the cool down timers. The main reason people are upset about the timers is not because of randoms but because it limits their gold farming from dungeons.
  • Options
    Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    How many times do I have to repeat myself I'm not worried about the cooldowns with my roster, when I only had a few r4 and 6*s then that cooldowns period on my 6* would have hurt so I'm commenting on behalf of people who are at that stage now, the point is that 6* are less common than r4/r5 5* and much less commonly useful for this content so why make their cool down so long to only be able to use them once a week makes them useless most of the time in dungeons. Adding to the frustration that lots of people feel to dungeons, myself I love dungeons partly because of the gold farming, but I don't understand what you are arguing. If you read the dungeon peoples complaints it's because they get dud matchups and so lose their champs and waste their time, yes that means they can't get as much gold or have to spend longer trying to get that gold but the even the op is complaining about the matchup frustrations, if there were no cool down periods then there probably wouldn't be so much frustration, lose and just run again, having to wait four days to run again is frustrating, your gold farming point makes no sense we can always farm the gold we just have to spend much longer to do it with more champs in cool down