**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What are the best non-phone devices for MCOC?

RandomizerRuns_4RandomizerRuns_4 Posts: 1,104
edited September 2018 in Strategy and Tips
I've been looking for a different device to play MCOC, as my current device is awful for this game. But I don't want a phone, mainly because I don't want any calls/texts while playing. Plus, have big hands, & little phones don't really suit me. So what are the best Tablet/iPad devices for playing on?

Comments

• 玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    i am playing MCOC with ipad mini, so far so good, except some lags after playing for too long.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    I don't believe it's compatible with the original anymore. Perhaps the 2 as well. Not sure.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,754 ★★★★★
    I don't believe it's compatible with the original anymore. Perhaps the 2 as well. Not sure.

How is your new device working out? No instance of lagging at all?
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I play on an iPad mini 4 most of the time and to me it's the perfect size. Unfortunately it does suffer from some overheating at times, doesn't mean yours will. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the heating issue. I don't think you'll be able to get a legends tag using the mini 4 either if that's a concern. The loading times are really good but don't think it's near fast enough for a legends run. If I was getting another non phone device I would want it to be close to the same size, any bigger and it becomes to bulky to me and any smaller you might as well use a phone.
    i am playing MCOC with ipad mini, so far so good, except some lags after playing for too long.

Which version? Original, 2, 3 or 4?

Mine is ipad mini 2, i play with only one finger with the other thumb only use for hitting the special button, is not comfortable playing with 2 thumbs (like playing iphone) because i put it on table with triangle cover.

Mine is ipad mini 2, i play with only one finger with the other thumb only use for hitting the special button, is not comfortable playing with 2 thumbs (like playing iphone) because i put it on table with triangle cover.

Hahaha. Pretty odd way of playing dude, but I like it. I used to play with a tablet on a stand too, but never with one hand. Kinda cool to see how others prefer to play.

I like to play MCOC at restaurant/cafe, the ipad mini screen is quite big, those waiters would stand behind me watching like audience.
  • WhathappenedWhathappened Posts: 747 ★★★
    I play on an iPad mini 4 most of the time and to me it's the perfect size. Unfortunately it does suffer from some overheating at times, doesn't mean yours will. There doesn't seem to be a pattern to the heating issue.

Does the overheating have side effects? Like random crashing, or decrease in battery life for instance?

What I notice most is it begins to lag after a while.
  • Omair66Omair66 Posts: 64
    Brother if u want some good game play with very low issues go for ipad's or iphone 6s above only
    If ur going for ipad ipad pro would be enough for great game play or pro 2 if u want phone go for 6s+ as im using and never felt any issue
  • i am playing MCOC with ipad mini, so far so good, except some lags after playing for too long.

Hahaha. Pretty odd way of playing dude, but I like it. I used to play with a tablet on a stand too, but never with one hand. Kinda cool to see how others prefer to play.

I play with only my right hand too. Used to have an iPhone 6s Plus (have the X now) when I started playing and did use both hands but trying different methods I noticed that it was much easier to control my fighting with one hand. Used to it now.

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,239 ★★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »

How is your new device working out? No instance of lagging at all?

Phone is much better, but I don't use it much. My hands haven't adjusted to it yet.
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Apple iPad mini 4 has treated me well.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    I play on an iPad Pro. No lag or heating issues.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I use a Huawei Media Pad M5. It's excellent, optimized for gaming and it doesn't cost you a fortune.
  • Lucky25Lucky25 Posts: 10
    I'm using Mi pad1 (Android). The device heats up after 15 mins of gameplay. Any help?
  • NEO_mr_AndersonNEO_mr_Anderson Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited October 2018
    Sony Xperia z1 10'' tablet since june 2017. Runs fine.
    Played 8 hours, on charge, no heating problems.
    Lucky25 wrote: »
    I'm using Mi pad1 (Android). The device heats up after 15 mins of gameplay. Any help?

I am on Mi Pad 2. Heat up less. Hopefully, new update will fix the heat up.

There is no OTA update for Mi pad1. Any other configuration for this game to play smoothly? After 15 mins the hangs a lot

There is no OTA update for Mi pad1. Any other configuration for this game to play smoothly? After 15 mins the hangs a lot

None for Mi Pad 2 too.

None for Mi Pad 2 too.

No lags in the game?
    edited October 2018

None for Mi Pad 2 too.

No lags in the game?

Yes, lags (at main menu, at crystal menu, at gameplay (inconsistent)). When it lags too much, I exit and re-logon.

I was playing on both Mi Pad 2 and Samsung Tablet. Samsung heats up much more than Mi Pad 2 and so I am using Mi Pad 2 for the game.
    I have an ipad PRO for work use with a triangle stand but i won't mix work and games.

AP-7D-6_copy.jpg?v=1453997021
  • kingbkingb Posts: 84
    @玩玩玩家 what do you do as a job?just curious
    JOBLESS, plan to apply for jobs at KABAM.

** I am addicted enough to MCOC, Kabam will go one level up with me joining them. :):):):)
  • kingbkingb Posts: 84
    lol!
    u need to know programming @玩玩玩家