**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Captain America Infinity War

I just pulled him as a 5* and I have a few questions. What makes him so great? I have a 5* generic awakening gem, is he worth it? I've seen the videos with his insane critical damage. I don't really understand why he has such high critical damage on some specials (his stats have his crit damage at about 175%, which is not insanely high). His kinetic charges do not stack, so can someone explain this?

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    He actually stacks kinetic charges, up to a maximum of 5.
    Stack them , parry, charge an heavy and use a special 2 while you have the fury from the heavy attack. That's how he does all that damage with his special 2.

Other than that, he has good block proficiency, and some utility. His sig ability gives him a bonus for each different class on his team
  • Options
    TRSIMPTRSIMP Posts: 173
    Stack them , parry, charge an heavy and use a special 2 while you have the fury from the heavy attack. That's how he does all that damage with his special 2.

Other than that, he has good block proficiency, and some utility. His sig ability gives him a bonus for each different class on his team

Sorry I should have clarified. He does stack kinetic charges, but not the passive abilities that go with each charge. The developers have explained that he gets the same abilities no matter how many charges he has, as long as he has at least one.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    edited September 2018
    His special 2 consumes all charges to deal extra damage for each charge consumed
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    edited September 2018
    I just used a generic gem and took him to R4 sig 100 2 days ago.

He does stack debuffs each time you parry the opponent. Not sure what you are calling passive abilities.

I have been using him in aq because he is my new toy. He does great damage and very high block proficiency
    Parry is perfect block every time. Beyond that he is a tank and can handle getting hit a lot, because of glancing I assume.

Hard to say if I am going to regret using the genric on him, but right now I do not.
    And I still can finish LOL to get another generic when I need one.

Not to mention Act 6 sounds like its coming soon, so there is sure to be more gems in it.
  • Options
    Stewman wrote: »
    I just used a generic gem and took him to R4 sig 100 2 days ago.

He does stack debuffs each time you parry the opponent. Not sure what you are calling passive abilities.

I have been using him in aq because he is my new toy. He does great damage and very high block proficiency
    Parry is perfect block every time. Beyond that he is a tank and can handle getting hit a lot, because of glancing I assume.

Hard to say if I am going to regret using the genric on him, but right now I do not.
    And I still can finish LOL to get another generic when I need one.

Not to mention Act 6 sounds like its coming soon, so there is sure to be more gems in it.

By passive, I just meant his increased attack and resistance ratings
  • Options
    DrownedGodDrownedGod Posts: 276
    edited September 2018
    Awaken him and pair him with any cosmic and tech champ. Parry then nearly always applies petrify and armor break, stack up charges and hit your SP2. In most non-boss matches, it's over at that point. I've generated 25k+ damage on an SP2 from my max 4 star, I dont know what it would be at a leveled up 5 star.
  • Options
    DrownedGod wrote: »
    Awaken him and pair him with any cosmic and tech champ. Parry then nearly always applies petrify and armor break, stack up charges and hit your SP2. In most non-boss matches, it's over at that point. I've generated 25k+ damage on an SP2 from my max 4 star, I dont know what it would be at a leveled up 5 star.

So his awakened ability is if he has a certain class on his team? For some reason, I thought it was what class he was fighting.
  • Options
    MrMaatMrMaat Posts: 302 ★★
    TRSIMP wrote: »

Sorry I should have clarified. He does stack kinetic charges, but not the passive abilities that go with each charge. The developers have explained that he gets the same abilities no matter how many charges he has, as long as he has at least one.

he stacks the abilities that go with his charges.
    ie with a cosmic on his team he can stack armorbreak
    with a tech he can stack petrify.

his sig is wat really makes him god.
    +skill = clear debuss
    +cosmic = armor break
    +tech = petrify
    (and other abilities)
    and these abilities that work on a wll timed block work on stun immune. they dont need a parry stun to work.
    he was by far MVP v emma frost this month.
    you break her diamond form with a simple parry.

his sp2 is awesome insane damage.
    but dont shirk away from his sp3. with a few kinetic charges the damage from this bad boy go through the roof. have cut 30-40% of UC EQ defenders with a nice timed sp3 often.

his Block Pro is simply amazing. you can block/parry all day long and hardly take damage. and if you do slip up there is a good chance his glancing saves you from alot of damage.
    i have him as 1 4* sig 79 and he has been my MVP by far in the last 2 months UC EQ.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    The stack charges don't increase his normal attacks but it does increase damage on specials.
    EDIT:
    Well at least it does with his L2.

"Special 2: Kinetic Discharge – Smashing together his vambraces Cap unleashes a wave of kinetic energy.
    •100% chance to Stun for 1 second.
    •Each Kinetic Potential charge grants +574 Attack and +0.50 second(s) Stun Duration."

And then you pair that with the passive fury from his heavy and it adds up real quick.
  • Options

So his awakened ability is if he has a certain class on his team? For some reason, I thought it was what class he was fighting.

Signature Ability: Leadership – An excellent leader, Captain America learns from his teammates gaining a unique effect, while Kinetically Charged, for each class represented on his team, excluding himself.
    •Mutant: 100% chance on triggering a Special Attack to gain +1 Kinetic Potential.
    •Skill: 100% chance whenever a Debuff is gained, consume 1 Kinetic Potential to Purify it.
    •Science: 100% chance on a Well-Timed Block to place a 10% Weakness Debuff of the Opponent for 10 seconds.
    •Mystic: 100% chance to gain 1 Kinetic Potential each time a Buff Expires or is Nullified on the Opponent.
    •Cosmic: 100% chance on a Well Timed Block to place an Armor Break Debuff on the Opponent, reducing their Armor by 222 for 10 seconds.
    •Tech: 100% chance on a Well Timed Block to place a 25% Petrify Debuff on the Opponent for 10 seconds.

• Options

Signature Ability: Leadership – An excellent leader, Captain America learns from his teammates gaining a unique effect, while Kinetically Charged, for each class represented on his team, excluding himself.
    •Mutant: 100% chance on triggering a Special Attack to gain +1 Kinetic Potential.
    •Skill: 100% chance whenever a Debuff is gained, consume 1 Kinetic Potential to Purify it.
    •Science: 100% chance on a Well-Timed Block to place a 10% Weakness Debuff of the Opponent for 10 seconds.
    •Mystic: 100% chance to gain 1 Kinetic Potential each time a Buff Expires or is Nullified on the Opponent.
    •Cosmic: 100% chance on a Well Timed Block to place an Armor Break Debuff on the Opponent, reducing their Armor by 222 for 10 seconds.
    •Tech: 100% chance on a Well Timed Block to place a 25% Petrify Debuff on the Opponent for 10 seconds.

Nice, I apparently didn't read it well enough. That's an awesome signature ability!
  • Options

So, do you think I should use my generic on him?
  • Options
    TeddersTedders Posts: 128 ★★
    he needs a high sig level, at 135 mines at 77.44 percent chance
  • Options

I wish it was easy to answer that question. Is he worth it? Absolutely Especially if you need a good attacker for war or clearing difficult content. He is one of the best imo.
    It completely depends on what you want and where your roster is right now.
    I would say yes without knowing anything about your roster, but don't blame me if you pull someone you really want and don't have the gem anymore. lol

For example I don't have Spark yet, but I have a tech gem if I happen to pull him. If I didn't have that tech gem, I might have held out longer.
  • Options

I wish it was easy to answer that question. Is he worth it? Absolutely Especially if you need a good attacker for war or clearing difficult content. He is one of the best imo.
    I would say yes without knowing anything about your roster, but don't blame me if you pull someone you really want and don't have the gem anymore. lol

For example I don't have Spark yet, but I have a tech gem if I happen to pull him. If I didn't have that tech gem, I might have held out longer.

My main mission is cleaning LoL at the moment. I've finished Act 5. I have Sparky, 6* Angela, and a couple other contenders for LoL, but I don't have Blade/Void/Corvus etc.

Do you know what the % chance was on his signature ability when you first awakened him?
  • Options

My main mission is cleaning LoL at the moment. I've finished Act 5. I have Sparky, 6* Angela, and a couple other contenders for LoL, but I don't have Blade/Void/Corvus etc.

Do you know what the % chance was on his signature ability when you first awakened him?

Sorry, I didn't look. I used the gem and immediately put the stones in him.
    If you are looking for someone to 100% LOL, I don't believe Cap is a contender for that.

Unless you are talking first path, but sparky would still be better.
  • Options
    Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    My first 5* r5 was Stark, my 2nd was Cap IW, he's now sig 200 and all leadership abilities have a 100% chance. The ability to alter teams to give him different leadership abilities makes him the Swiss army knife of MCOC.
  • Options
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    elymtzficejp.png

This is what his sig gives you. This is my 4* and it scales different for 5* so you'll need a high sig for a high percentage.

Thanks for sending that picture. I asked because I don't have any sig stones, just the generic awakening gem. His signature would only be at L1 lol