**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* awkening gem as a milestone for 200k players

I as well a quite a bit of others were upset that we didn't get sufficient or any notice that a 5* awkening gem would be awarded to players over 200k+ rating. What is the chance of making that a milestone reward that we can look forward to obtaining ? New players would be excited I'm sure

Comments

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Skylord wrote: »
    I as well a quite a bit of others were upset that we didn't get sufficient or any notice that a 5* awkening gem would be awarded to players over 200k+ rating. What is the chance of making that a milestone reward that we can look forward to obtaining ? New players would be excited I'm sure

Or as a milestone for level 60 summoner level.
  • C1INTB3ASTW00DC1INTB3ASTW00D Posts: 17
    edited July 2017
    I didnt get a 5* awakening gem as I was 190k at the time. I currently have 1 and used 1, one from LoL and one from one of those lucky rift quests. I also was never at all upset that I didnt get one.

If you want a gem, go tackle LoL easy path and earn one rather than beg.
  • SkylordSkylord Posts: 138
    Already done and I was at 197k, you are the exception
    I didnt get a 5* awakening gem as I was 190k at the time. I currently have 1 and used 1, one from LoL and one from one of those lucky rift quests. I also was never at all upset that I didnt get one.

If you want a gem, go tackle LoL easy path and earn one rather than beg.

Rather than beg? It is a legitimate question and having completed one round of lab I still want some attention on this, milestone reward was a great idea posted by someone else a while back, hoping the request will gain some traction, we are not all so lucky to land on the awkening path during the rifts....
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    this will never happen. in my opinion, 200k is a pretty low marker now with how easy it is to get 4*s
    I think it's a misnomer to use it as a marker, I'm at 350k now and have sold 9 4* and plan to sell more, but Kabam used this benchmark before so any plans to make amends would have to use the same marker
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    To be frank, they clearly have no intention of "making amends". And to go further, I don't think there's a very large contingent that thinks anything was done wrong. There HAD to be a cutoff, some people were unlucky to be slightly below that. If the cutoff was 190k, people at 185k would have been disgruntled. Unless you would suggest that all accounts should have gotten a 5* awakening gem no matter the amount they have played, there isn't really a discussion here.

Other than this particular instance that happened months ago now, I don't recall total rating ever being used for anything in the game. Barring a similarly disruptive situation, I don't see it happening again. Now if they want to add items to markers, I think it would be when/if they increase the level cap and do it that way.

That is obviously all my opinion, so take it as you will.
    edited July 2017
    I don't think anyone would have minded a cutoff so long as there was notice, and to make matters worse it was retroactive because some people sold champs? That's really just a way of saying we don't want to do the work twice, there were a lot of people upset at the time and few commenting now so I imagine they may have move on, and that would have probably been a sound financial decision for me as well had I taken that path....
    I do commend them for offering the 5* awkening in July hats off there, does that make up for it? Kinda but in a way I wish they would revisit some decision making, and try to appeal to some of the big spenders vs using arbitrary metrics such as player rating