**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Crazy data consumption. Please look into

So I updated the game last night (20.1). Now normally 1gb of data is more than enough to last me a month. However this morning, after I had already logged in on wifi, all I did was open crystals for about 5 minutes and about 100mb of data was used. This is insane and is probably gonna stop me from playing as most of my play time is while travelling. Please look into this.

(My device is a Samsung Galaxy S5
Android 6.0.1 but I don't think this is relevant)

Comments

• Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 684 ★★★
    Um i think downloading with data will use a lot of data
  • Cryptic_CobraCryptic_Cobra Posts: 532 ★★★
    Congratulations, you managed to completely ignore the “we recommend you don’t update while on data” message. In the future make sure you are connected to WiFi. This isn’t an error on kabams part.
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    edited October 2018
    You were warned of how much data you would use using data to update the game before you hit the continue button. Completely your fault.

Edit: it takes awhile for the data counter to update. So the 100mb was from you updating your game on data, just in case you intended to counter argue that we didn't read that you logged in on Wi-Fi.
  • ClydaniaClydania Posts: 440 ★★
    You were warned of how much data you would use using data to update the game before you hit the continue button. Completely your fault.

Edit: it takes awhile for the data counter to update. So the 100mb was from you updating your game on data, just in case you intended to counter argue that we didn't read that you logged in on Wi-Fi.

I updated it on wifi last night
    Congratulations, you managed to completely ignore the “we recommend you don’t update while on data” message. In the future make sure you are connected to WiFi. This isn’t an error on kabams part.

I updated it on wifi last night. This is completely from playing
    Um i think downloading with data will use a lot of data
    Clydania wrote: »

I updated it on wifi last night. This is completely from playing. Both the app store and in game updates were on wifi. All I did on data was open crystals
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★

I updated it on wifi last night. This is completely from playing
    Bro have you checked data usage status of apps?in my opinion other app might consuming data.
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    bsc0cidaugez.png
    Just like this.
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    So I updated the game last night (20.1). Now normally 1gb of data is more than enough to last me a month. However this morning, after I had already logged in on wifi, all I did was open crystals for about 5 minutes and about 100mb of data was used. This is insane and is probably gonna stop me from playing as most of my play time is while travelling. Please look into this.

(My device is a Samsung Galaxy S5
    Android 6.0.1 but I don't think this is relevant)

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the data required for game updates. To make the installation and update go smoother, we use a smaller initial download while the rest of the game downloads as you play. Whenever possible, it is best to play and update the game using a strong Wifi connection rather than your cellular data. Thanks for understanding.
This discussion has been closed.