**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Remember when you first started

PeterQuillPeterQuill Posts: 1,373 ★★★★
Was anyone like me when they first started this game? Not knowing the competitive nature this game would turn out to be. I remember selling my magik and gwenpool because they looked silly and loving my war machine and old man logan because i though they were cool. Then I discovered alliances, arena grinding, and youtube channels explaining abilities. It was all history from there.

Comments

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    When I first started, selling magik was a common place. She was terrible. Probably the worst champ in the game.
  • Options
    Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    When I was a beginner, I almost quit entirely because back then, the game wasn't free to play friendly at all.
  • Options
    New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    yes. eventually the competition and cheating got to all the top alliances.
  • Options
    SuperrosieSuperrosie Posts: 21
    Oh boy, I used to sell all my lower champs when I got close to a 4 Star. OG Captain america was my jam, got my through act 3. 1,500 PI felt unbeatable
  • Options
    KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    When I started I had no intention of joining an alliance or playing and chatting with other people because I'm generally pretty anti-social, but realized how hard and slow it was to advance without an alliance, so that changed fairly quickly.
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    I remember when T1A were basically unicorns. People were talking about them, but few had seen them.
  • Options
    EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    I had 2* OML carry me through plenty of early content. Always used sp3.
  • Options
    Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    First 4* was colossus and i thought he was the best thing 3 years ago. Every fight would save for the sp3 and just thought it was the best thing ever
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    yeah it was two weeks ago
  • Options
    Star_Lord_Star_Lord_ Posts: 528 ★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    @Star_Lord_ remember when we completely messed up infinity war by punching thanos in the face instead of saving half of humanity?

lol, that my friend, actually made me laugh out loud. Bravo!
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    winterthur wrote: »
    I avoided arenas and was not aware of the begginers bracket. :(

beginners bracket?
  • Options
    Sunny2847Sunny2847 Posts: 125
    Struggled to beat kang and thanos..spent money on revives beat thanos to get 3 star kamala Khan..only to know about dexterity and parry exist when I was on level 40..lol
  • Options
    ZirarsonZirarson Posts: 22
    i thought arena was against a live player and was cursing how cheap he was using spidey in 1v1.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I remember 3* Ronan was my go to champ and I thought Thanos in Act 3 was hard. Lol I didn't get my first 4* until I 100% Act 3.
  • Options
    SuelSuel Posts: 279
    Game was the best ever before 5*; AW; and all these other zillion contents
  • Options
    Ultimatesaber32Ultimatesaber32 Posts: 742 ★★
    Jeez that was a while ago. I remember joining in the Days of Future Past event and considering 4 stars as ultra rare. Even now the few 6 stars I have require some work
  • Options
    JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    When I started alliances didn't exist, getting a 4* was a pipe dream unless you had $$, signature abilities weren't a thing, and didn't get squat for duping a champ.
  • Options
    KrumbledkookieKrumbledkookie Posts: 273
    @Spurgeo14 same here, haha! Except my go-to champ was a 3* Guillotine. I cursed Kabam for making Thanos so hard, thought I would never advance. Now I look back and laugh at how bad I was.

Still love my 3* Guillotine , but I would love to pull a 4 or 5*.
  • Options
    玩玩玩家玩玩玩家 Posts: 441
    When I was at level 10-20, i spent lots of UNITS buying crystals but get nothing.
  • Options
    RicemanRiceman Posts: 216
    Got lucky and pulled 3 star Gamora on my second day from a daily crystal and she destroyed. Then at level 19 I got Classic Spidey and he was a boss on offense, SP2 with an armor break up destroyed (RIP when I duped him).
  • Options
    DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    i remember when I first started, I pulled a 4* Dr.Strange fom my first PHC. he carried me through the entire act 1&2, and now...
    sigh RIP doctor Strange you served me well
  • Options
    FhfjghhggggjfhfjgFhfjghhggggjfhfjg Posts: 4,492 ★★★★★
    I remember my first 4* being Groot and going through content thinking hes great only to realize later on he sucks and sold him lol
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    I just keep buying crystal with units inky get 2 star, didnt know anything about mastery
  • Options
    my first 4 star was colosus wolverine deadpool and war machine. And i use a generic awakening gem on deadpool x faxtor and war machine and also wanted one for colosus. I love my colosus he was my favourite.