**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

mephisto regen

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
can i quit the fight at 30% and when i fight with next player then regen won't happen?

has anyone ever tried this? is this viable can someone answer?

Comments

• LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

can i quit the fight at 30% and when i fight with next player then regen won't happen?

a quit is counted as a defeat.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★

for example
    i am facing mephisto i go in with ghost take him down to 30%
    pause the fight and quit the fight
    and then re enter with she hulk

now during this she hulk fight will the regen happen or not?

Never had to fight him twice., So no idea... Try with other champs like Red Hulk .. you don't have to worry about Regen or damage.. Rulk will take care of it..
    edited October 2019

Lormif said:

a quit is counted as a defeat.
    i get that but after that when i enter with next champ what will happen will he regen.?
    If you "get that" I dont understand your question:

Mephisto starts a quest with 3 Persistent Soul Charges, gaining an additional charge each time he knocks out an opponent, up to a max of 6 Soul Charges. Persistent Soul Charges travels with him from fight-to-fight.

He regens when he is under 30% health if he has a soul charge, so if you quit (which counts as him knocking you out) then he will get a soul charge, if he has a soul charge he will regen under 30%.

I assume you are thinking his regen works like ultron where it happens at a specific amount, it does not it is less than or equal to 30%
    Prathap said:

for example

Never had to fight him twice., So no idea... Try with other champs like Red Hulk .. you don't have to worry about Regen or damage.. Rulk will take care of it..
    red hulk is not incinerate immune, he converts the incinerate debuff to a charge, but mephisto's incinerate damage is not from a debuff
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    Lormif said:

Prathap said:

for example

red hulk is not incinerate immune, he converts the incinerate debuff to a charge, but mephisto's incinerate damage is not from a debuff
    My red hulk happened to mitigate a lot of his Aura of Incineration damage, so I think it helps
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    He converts one charge at a time in to regen. Quit mid the ability and he will have some charges left next fight, plus an additional one for defeating you.
    If he starts the fight under 30% hp, he starts converting any charge he has in to regen
  • PgalPgal Posts: 39
    No, as long as he has charges the regen will still happen, at any hp percentage under 30%.
    Only way to bypass this is Blade, but not 100%, and if it happens, he won't regen but won't lose the charges either
  • Thi101Thi101 Posts: 808 ★★★
    edited October 2019
    If i knew those tips beforehand lol

He converts one charge at a time in to regen. Quit mid the ability and he will have some charges left next fight, plus an additional one for defeating you.
    If he starts the fight under 30% hp, he starts converting any charge he has in to regen

• The “Get That” reference is obviously referring to OP knowing that Quitting counts as a Defeat and would increase Persistent Soul Charge.

I think it is pretty clear that OP was just asking does the Regen trigger upon “falling below” 30% like Ultron or Ironman Regen's are. Or whether it would occur “whenever” Mephisto happens to be below 30%.
    Straight forward question. Looks like the answer (after all of that) was YES, he will still be able to Regen.

The “Get That” reference is obviously referring to OP knowing that Quitting counts as a Defeat and would increase Persistent Soul Charge.

I think it is pretty clear that OP was just asking does the Regen trigger upon “falling below” 30% like Ultron or Ironman Regen's are. Or whether it would occur “whenever” Mephisto happens to be below 30%.
    Straight forward question. Looks like the answer (after all of that) was YES, he will still be able to Regen.

Its funny that you took a screen shot instead of a quote, could that be because you wanted to avoid that I mentioned that further down in that same post?
  • jgrazjgraz Posts: 82
    Lormif said:

Prathap said:

for example

while right, Rulk will not take damage from Aura. It gets converted to heat charges and once at 10 you still don't take damage.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    jgraz said:

Lormif said:

Prathap said:

for example

while right, Rulk will not take damage from Aura. It gets converted to heat charges and once at 10 you still don't take damage.
    It doesn't convert to heat charges. Unless Rhulk isn't awakened, he gets no resistance to passive incinerate