**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Why is kabam still selling special 4 star crystals

Whats the deal with still selling 4 star special crystals? 4 stars are almost useless in new content and selling for 150 units at a .0001 chance of landing a 4 star specific character is almost insulting.

WEAK

Comments

• SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I agree that for most people it is a stupid offer but some people including beginners can save their units for that offer
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    To make money, simple as that
  • StrategicStrategic Posts: 632 ★★★
    Because they know they are too incompetent to take that out or change that offer without screwing up the code so they don't wanna risk it. You really want their coders to mess around with the game more than they have too?
    You should know by now nothing good ever comes from kabam trying to change stuff.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    Ya or the 4* crystal for 2500 unit "deal" that just showed up for me.

Before this announcement they weren't worth that. The fact that still pops up after is a joke.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    6*'s aren't even here yet. They won't be playable for months. It'll take even longer before they're common. It's not insulting. 4*'s are not useless. They won't be useless when 6*'s land.
  • jeyrey2000jeyrey2000 Posts: 91
    4 stars a so weak in upper content. Maybe a couple are usefull but 95% of them junk.
  • BreybreyBreybrey Posts: 39
    I dont have a single 5* above rank 1, and havent ever used any of them in quests. But yet i cleared 5.2 with very little problems. It is bad advice for growing players to tell them that 4* are useless. When in fact all content currently in the game except LOL can be completed with them. 4* are still very usedul for growing players as they work through story quest and
  • BreybreyBreybrey Posts: 39
    join better alliances. I do agree though that for more experienced end game players, 4* are steadily losing value.
  • VartoxVartox Posts: 202
    They still sell a 3* offer, why is the 4* so surprising?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    Not forgetting 2* offers too.

• No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »
    Whats the deal with still selling 4 star special crystals? 4 stars are almost useless in new content and selling for 150 units at a .0001 chance of landing a 4 star specific character is almost insulting.

WEAK

You just now came to this revelation?
  • OKAYGangOKAYGang Posts: 524 ★★★
    6*'s aren't even here yet. They won't be playable for months. It'll take even longer before they're common. It's not insulting. 4*'s are not useless. They won't be useless when 6*'s land.

At higher levels all but a very select few 4* have actually been useless for a while. AQ and War difficulty do scale as you move up. Really just depends where you are at in the game. You guys will see what I mean if Kabam really holds to their promise of 5* champions and rank up materials for them becoming easier for all to obtain.
  • Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    I completed everything with 4* and in few days going to complete lol with them too.
    So 4* are still good
  • ThatsausageThatsausage Posts: 214
    jeyrey2000 wrote: »

WEAK

I think for now its fine but believe that should phase out at the end of the year. It would be cool if feature crystals 4*s were replaced by 5* feature champs during the holiday season.
  • RoraRora Posts: 124
    4 star is the future
  • DoctorofEvilDoctorofEvil Posts: 217
    If 4 stars are so useless why is everyone desparately grinding the dormammu and archangel basic arenas?
  • GrimmbearGrimmbear Posts: 639 ★★★
    edited September 2017
    If 4 stars are so useless why is everyone desparately grinding the dormammu and archangel basic arenas?

Cus not everyone is at the stage where 4* are useless. You and I may be, but they still need their 4* for things like 5.1, RoL, RtL, etc
  • OMC_PintoOMC_Pinto Posts: 101
    I have been playing this game since the beginning, so yes 4* are not as valuable at this point, but I also have a child that after watching me play for this long finally allowed to have their own account. They need anything they can get, top champ is 3* quake from normal special event quest. So, there is and always will be a place for that crystal.