**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Black Widow Claire Voyant Nerf

2»

Comments

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★

There is confusion which is muddling this.

1) Claire nullifies buffs at the expense of charges and that is intended and not changing.

2) This is an issue caused by inconsistencies with when she nullifies buffs in relation to other nullifying champions. She nullifies after an attack lands, others nullify when/before the attack lands. This is mostly an issue due to how Unstoppable works and this caused confusion.

3) Claire nullifies unstoppable after the attack lands unlike CAIW who nullifies before the attack lands. This is an important distinction because Unstoppable makes a champion “hit stun immune”. Since CAIW nullifies before the hit lands “hit stun immunity” is not in play unlike Claire who hits the opponent while they are “hit stun immune” then the unstoppable is nullified Leaving the opponent free to act. People were getting smacked around due to not understanding this and Kabam is changing the description to make this clearer. (IMO not needed as the current description adequately conveys that).

If that is the case let’s be specific and have @Kabam Miike clear the air and say the intended change is only limited to her interactions with unstoppable. Which I’m sure everyone will be OK with. But when language is thrown around about her not being able to nullify active buffs leaves the door open to a lot of other things. Let’s get clarity and stop the rage Kabam.
  • Grim7787Grim7787 Posts: 73

1) Claire nullifies buffs at the expense of charges and that is intended and not changing.

2) This is an issue caused by inconsistencies with when she nullifies buffs in relation to other nullifying champions. She nullifies after an attack lands, others nullify when/before the attack lands. This is mostly an issue due to how Unstoppable works and this caused confusion.

3) Claire nullifies unstoppable after the attack lands unlike CAIW who nullifies before the attack lands. This is an important distinction because Unstoppable makes a champion “hit stun immune”. Since CAIW nullifies before the hit lands “hit stun immunity” is not in play unlike Claire who hits the opponent while they are “hit stun immune” then the unstoppable is nullified Leaving the opponent free to act. People were getting smacked around due to not understanding this and Kabam is changing the description to make this clearer. (IMO not needed as the current description adequately conveys that).

This makes more sense...

Yes, if you intercept Juggy, you nullify the unstoppable but still get hit. If that’s what they’re clarifying, that’s fine by me...

I see the word “safely” thrown in there...

The way it was stated she’s meant to nullify buffs that occur on contact makes it sound more like stagger tho...

So their wording to fix the wording is flawed, lol
  • JohnHSJohnHS Posts: 509 ★★★
    edited October 2019

Dakine86 said:

So is it just about unstoppable or is it all buffs. If it’s unstoppable I can live with that. If she will stop nullifying all buffs in general then we have a issue. Even though I would like to keep the unstoppable nullify how it is. Wtf are you doing kabam where you release champs then change them after. Get it right the first time. You act as if you are amateurs sometimes.
    She'll nullify AFTER her hit, rather before or during (like when Cap IW nullifies Unstoppable). This applies to all buffs, and is what she's been doing. Basically what CoatHang3r said.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019

If that is the case let’s be specific and have @Kabam Miike clear the air and say the intended change is only limited to her interactions with unstoppable. Which I’m sure everyone will be OK with. But when language is thrown around about her not being able to nullify active buffs leaves the door open to a lot of other things. Let’s get clarity and stop the rage Kabam.
    There is no change so nothing changes with the interaction of Unstoppable. It’s Kabam trying to better convey the timing of when she nullifies buffs by rewording the description so people are not caught off guard by her current and intended interact with it.

P.S. Read, Reread and then notice the only person Saying she will not nullify preexisting buffs is not from Kabam.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    edited October 2019
    So she’s bugged and her description is wrong? And her bug is that she’s nullifying a buff like her description currently says?

And people wonder why there is a lack of trust?
  • KingsfanKingsfan Posts: 60
    @GroundedWisdom Her description is very clear. Consume a charge to nullify an active buff. This is one of the primary reasons I took her to 5/65 and used an AG on her.

Sorry but your defense of this change is not grounded in facts. The facts are clear:

• B_Dizzle_01B_Dizzle_01 Posts: 1,637 ★★★
    JohnHS said:

Dakine86 said:

So is it just about unstoppable or is it all buffs. If it’s unstoppable I can live with that. If she will stop nullifying all buffs in general then we have a issue. Even though I would like to keep the unstoppable nullify how it is. Wtf are you doing kabam where you release champs then change them after. Get it right the first time. You act as if you are amateurs sometimes.
    She'll nullify AFTER her hit, rather than at (like when Cap IW nullifies Unstoppable)
    And that’s fine. But it’s not what has been said. Just asking for clarity.
    edited October 2019
    MikeHock said:

So she’s bugged and her description is wrong? And her bug is that she’s nullifying a buff like her description currently says?

Neither. She is working as intended. Her description is misunderstood by players so Kabam is going to Claireify it.

The description will read something like “....after landing a hit Claire nullifies 1 buff at the expense of a charge.“
    MikeHock said:

She's not bugged. Her description was unclear. If she hits an unstoppable champion, they can retaliate before her nullify actually happens and hit her. She isn't an Unstoppable counter the way Beardo is. If she stuns an unstoppable champ and then hits them, the unstoppable will still be nullified and she can continue. But she can still nullify unstoppable and all other buffs, just right after the hit, not during it.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    We already have a Mod confirming they're updating the Description, and that's all. More confirmation for the confirmation isn't going to satiate Nerfgate 2019.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    Appreciate everyone’s explanation & clarification that she is not bugged. My misunderstanding.
  • MPKalaMPKala Posts: 40
    Not sure how this isn’t a nerf. I understand what Kabam is trying to say and how they want her to play/work and I get that they are going to change the wording BUT at the moment she is currently nullifying pre-existing buffs. It’s my understanding of this rewording that the nullify shouldn’t work that way. That’s a nerf if someone r5d a champ for a benefit like that and you take it away EVEN IF you made a mistake. Videos below for proof.

https://youtu.be/dI1QJOD6NMA

https://youtu.be/Ar-we-zJwHE
    edited October 2019
    MPKala said:

Videos below for proof.

You’ll be able to make the same video after they change her text.

The video is actually the reason for the text change. People expected her to be able to nullify unstoppable without immediately getting smacked in the face.

edited October 2019

MPKala said:

Videos below for proof.

You’ll be able to make the same video after they change her text.

The video is actually the reason for the text change. People expected her to be able to nullify unstoppable without immediately getting smacked in the face.

I don’t agree with that. His unstoppable buff is a pre-existing buff. The statement from Kabam says that this is not how that ability should work. It would work the right way by nullifying a buff that is activated by contact or when she’s being hit. An example of that is Aegon’s Fury when you hit him. If they don’t want her nullifying existing buffs, I won’t be able to make that video when they fix her.

All of this is speculation though because only Kabam knows what Kabam’s doing...half of the time.
    edited October 2019
    MPKala said:

The statement from Kabam says that this is not how that ability should work.

That is not a statement from Kabam that is some guy misinterpreting what Kabam said and people taking it as fact.

MPKala said:

That is not a statement from Kabam that is some guy misinterpreting what Kabam said and people taking it as fact.
    The statement from Kabam Zibiit is what I’m referring to and if he’s stating what I think he’s stating, then I disagree with you and we’ll see what happens.

If you’re saying Kabam Zibiit is misinterpreting what Kabam said, then what was actually stated?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    MPKala said:

MPKala said:

The statement from Kabam Zibiit is what I’m referring to and if he’s stating what I think he’s stating, then I disagree with you and we’ll see what happens.

If you’re saying Kabam Zibiit is misinterpreting what Kabam said, then what was actually stated?
    Zibiit says that she isn't supposed to be able to remove unstoppable "safely" and that her ability is "more about" etc. I think CoatHang3r is correct.
  • She’s not nerf, she work the same as the first day release....still a great champ and best mystic

MPKala said:

MPKala said:

Zibiit says that she isn't supposed to be able to remove unstoppable "safely" and that her ability is "more about" etc. I think CoatHang3r is correct.
    Hmmm, I actually get what you guys are saying now. Leaning more towards agree with you all. Let’s see what happens when the push the fix to the description.
  • Sup3rmanSup3rman Posts: 7
    edited October 2019
    The intention of Claire's Nullify ability is to Nullify an effect the Opponent would gain after Claire lands an attack. EG: Fury granted when struck. - Kabam Zibiit

This is all that needs clarification. The unstoppable part makes sense given her current ability description.

now we wait
    As they've said, they're changing her DESCRIPTION to clarify when the nullify-on-hit actually happens, not changing any actual abilities. She wasn't intended to be able to safely remove unstoppable; she never has, she can't do it now, and she won't be able to do it later. The description was just poorly worded. People were expecting her to work like Beardo for Unstoppable.
  • LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★

Dakine86 said:

She's not stopping anything. She isn't intended to Nullify already-active Buffs. She's intended to prevent them from activating. Which means it doesn't affect Buffs already active.
    SHE IS NOT CHANGING. Lol. They're rephrasing their wording so people can understand better.
    I think this is the post that is getting the reaction @GroundedWisdom. You make the claim here that she isn't changing in the same paragraph where you say that she isn't intended to do something that she actually does do. She DOES affect already active buffs...

Dakine86 said:

She's not stopping anything. She isn't intended to Nullify already-active Buffs. She's intended to prevent them from activating. Which means it doesn't affect Buffs already active.
    SHE IS NOT CHANGING. Lol. They're rephrasing their wording so people can understand better.
    I think this is the post that is getting the reaction @GroundedWisdom. You make the claim here that she isn't changing in the same paragraph where you say that she isn't intended to do something that she actually does do. She DOES affect already active buffs...
    No, I get the reaction if I say the sky is blue.
    Apparently not. People do agree with you when you post something that makes sense lol. Are you maintaining that she does not currently nullify active buffs? If not, just own your misstatement and move on.
    People use the disagree as a dislike. Factual statements get disagrees, opinions get disagreed. It is nothing more than a social thing. In this case I disagree with GW's premise, but going off how many likes or disagrees someone has is absurd.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Dakine86 said:

That's not even remotely true. She absolutely currently and is intended to nullify existing buffs she just does so AFTER the hit so she cant intercept an unstoppable opponent like CAIW does without getting hit.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Grim7787 said:

Dakine86 said:

Have you actually used her, lol?

Currently, as long as she has charges, she will nullify and active buff. Ie... if you intercept Juggy while he’s unstoppable, and you have a charge, she nullifies it. That’s the way it is currently worded, so it currently works as advertised. Basically, she has Scarlet Witches nullify on hit, but only if she has charges...

But of course, this kills one of Kabam’s go to mechanics in Unstoppable, lol

So of course, they can’t let that slide and they pull “wording” out the hat again, lol

They basically want it to be like stagger, but in an instant form somehow...

That is a complete change
    She may nullify it on an intercept but you will get hit. That's the intention and what sparked the threads. That's also what's not being changed and her description is being changed to reflect.
This discussion has been closed.