**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Comboing into a Heavy Attack with Wasp [Title edited for clarity]

2»

Comments

• MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    edited September 2019
    I'll try to explain my solution to this issue:
    We know that the heavy should be launched "in mid combo". I assume that these 2 are the conditions for that "mid combo":
    -It's (obviously) in mid combo (not after the 2nd medium or 4th light)
    - Wasp charges the Heavy (i.e.) 0.2 s after the previous hit of combo.
    If there are both of these conditions, she can passively stun the opponent.

We are facing an issue, so maybe we are missing one of the 2 conditions.
    Several videos proved that we are correctly charging heavy NOT before a 2nd medium or a 4th light, so maybe the issue is on the timing. The solution is to add some time, just to give players that fraction of seconds to successfully land this heavy. You should charge Heavy 0.2 s after the previous hit? Ok, now you have to charge 0.3 s after

Bug fixed
  • Mathking13Mathking13 Posts: 988 ★★★
    njandy said:

it’s not a problem of transitioning from light to heavy. it’s the passive stun either works or it doesn’t

yeah and that's causing us to have trouble comboing into a heavy. Yes the wording isn't ideal, but it makes sense, and I can see that referencing our particular issue.
  • If anyone has any other video of this occurring we can pass it along to the rest of the team. Additionally, for those who haven't already, could you let us know whether the Stun icon is or isn't appearing when this issue occurs as well as how many and what kind of basic attacks were used in the combo beforehand?
  • njandynjandy Posts: 238
    the stun icon does pop up but the defender does not receive the stun. unfortunately i don’t have a video. the usual combo i do is mlll into heavy.

If anyone has any other video of this occurring we can pass it along to the rest of the team. Additionally, for those who haven't already, could you let us know whether the Stun icon is or isn't appearing when this issue occurs as well as how many and what kind of basic attacks were used in the combo beforehand?

The passive stun just doesn't show up for me. It just acts almost as if I'd just decided to charge my heavy out of nowhere. And it can happen when chaining a heavy from any sort of unfinished combo.
    I have a feeling that this might be an unintended side-effect of the fix that stopped other champions from being able to heavy from their regular combo. Maybe have a look and see if that's a potential cause?
  • dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    yeah when it happens to me, I never see the stun icon ... it essentially behaves like I'm not wasp ... (ie like any other champ you try to chain a heavy after combo ... no stun, you get smacked).

With wasp, most of the time it works ... once in a while ... no stun ... you get smacked.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Still no update?
    Here is another video against MS in master event quest 1.2
    Check first M-L-H combo
    https://youtu.be/aAHYaevhSxI
    And another one (check first combo vs second combo)
    It failed few times during the fight but I started recording later.
    https://youtu.be/YxuEmAC6Ejw
    Carmel1 said:
    Is it just me or is that only happening the first time you try to combo->heavy in a fight?

Carmel1 said:
    Is it just me or is that only happening the first time you try to combo->heavy in a fight?
    Not just the first time...
    Sometimes the 2nd or 3rd, sometimes more than once, sometimes it works well the entire fight.
    The most annoying thing is when it happens in war... with her low health, it’s enough to fail once and she’s dead.
    Any update?
    Is it still under investigation or you need more info/videos?
  • AlexAvalonAlexAvalon Posts: 655 ★★★
    My wasp broke after last update. I haven't successfully executed a single passive stun since that day. Across all rarities and game modes, doesnt matter which combo i try before heavy it doesnt work. It looks like this m l l l h when i shrink into the heavy there is no stun debuff and i get immediately smacked after i shrink and before the first hit of heavy lands. Smacked right after i shrink and theres no stun debuff icon either. It sucks.
    Any update?
    Is it still under investigation or you need more info/videos?
    we are reaching to the end of the month and the next update, so i'm guessing it's going to be another month (at least) with no fix.
  • MostWantedMostWanted Posts: 351 ★★
    It Just happened in war. No passive stun. Juggernaut was Pretty Happy to Dodge my kicks and began his 5-hit combo! Thanks god i didn't die in the very first war of the season.
  • He there everyone, we don't have new information on this topic to report at this time, but the team is still looking into this.
    i'm sure you are still busy dealing with last week emergency maintenance but can we get an update?
    i tried using my wasp a lot yesterday to clear some uncollected paths and that bug happened a lot.
    i'm not 100% sure but it seems to happen more when i have "glitchy" fight with few dropped frames \ lag in fight.
  • We've pushed a fix live to improve the issue where Wasp would sometimes be unable to apply the stun after chaining combos into a heavy attack.

We've pushed a fix live to improve the issue where Wasp would sometimes be unable to apply the stun after chaining combos into a heavy attack.

Thank you @Kabam Lyra
    I used her earlier today in dungeon (~3 hours after your post and after restarting the game) and it happened twice on my first fight. Of course she died and I couldn’t keep testing, not in dungeon anyway.
  • mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    As buggy and laggy as the whole game has become after the last update, this doesn't surprise me. It happened to me in arena the other day and I wondered what happened. It will lag and you miss the pixel to be able to chain it, that's what I thought.

We've pushed a fix live to improve the issue where Wasp would sometimes be unable to apply the stun after chaining combos into a heavy attack.

Here is a video from today, two days after the fix you pushed.
    This is the new daily event, epic difficulty.
    Most heavies triggered the passive stun except of my last combo-heavy.
    That was a “good” fight... in most fights it happens more than once.

https://youtu.be/wevr5B5TQ-M
    Hi

is it still under investigation?
    i checked the "known issues" thread and i couldn't find it mentioned there.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/170037/known-issues-current-version-25-0#latest
  • Carmel1 said:

We have a fix that we will be able to implement in the next update.

Carmel1 said:

We have a fix that we will be able to implement in the next update.
    Thank you for the update