**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Opponent’s special attacks

This is my very first time accessing this forum and please excuse as my verbiage might be less technical.
I have played for several years now but noticed that your character’s opponent often performs their special moves, especially before the first green, they perform move before fully charged. Does anyone else notice that? Or is that just normal or maybe just me.

Comments

• Options
    LaVarBBBLaVarBBB Posts: 81
    They use their special attack before they charge a bar of power? Hm never gotten that before.
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Never seen that before.
    Only problem I have with opponents specials is them throwing them during my combo or while I'm hitting into their block
  • Options
    FreeToPlay_21FreeToPlay_21 Posts: 1,594 ★★★★
    I'm not sure how that is even possible. Can you provide any gameplay footage of this occuring?
  • Options
    I will try to post gameplay. I thought it as just me and but it makes me frustrated that my bars seem to take forever when my opponent’s don’t even make it full green before they use their initial power move (please excuse the old gaming language)
    They will use it repeatedly which I am able to block most of their attacks but it is still annoying.
  • Options
    LormifLormif Posts: 7,369 ★★★★★
    I hope you are not confusing a heavy attack for a special.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    They get their first bar of power before you if your attacking because a champion will gain more power from recieving damage than they will from dealing it.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

I will try to post gameplay. I thought it as just me and but it makes me frustrated that my bars seem to take forever when my opponent’s don’t even make it full green before they use their initial power move (please excuse the old gaming language)
    They will use it repeatedly which I am able to block most of their attacks but it is still annoying.

When you say "full green" do you mean before they completely fill their power bar, all three parts? Because if so that's normal: both the player and the computer can only use the special attack that their power bar is charged to (unless they don't have the special three attack at all). So the computer will use their special one attack when they have only one bar of power, or their special two attack when they only have two bars of power. They don't specifically wait until they get all three bars of power unless they are being influenced by an all or nothing node.

Separately, you get more power when you're hit than when you're hitting, which means when you're hitting the computer opponent the computer is getting more power for being hit than you are for hitting. This is deliberate, because if you got more power than the computer when you hit the target, you'd always be outracing the computer and the computer would be no real threat. Giving the target more power than the attacker forces the attacker to consider managing the power of the fight.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★

This is my very first time accessing this forum and please excuse as my verbiage might be less technical.
    I have played for several years now but noticed that your character’s opponent often performs their special moves, especially before the first green, they perform move before fully charged. Does anyone else notice that? Or is that just normal or maybe just me.

Given all the bugs that have occurred in the past, this certainly isn't impossible, however, I'm more tempted to say at this point, you're misinterpreting something. Short of it is, we definitely need more info to help :)

Can you provide info for the following questions - which may help:

- Which champion were you using. (ie Wolverine)
    - Which * is it, rank, level and signature level is it. (ie 4*, Rank 4, level 30. Sig: 40)
    - Which champion were you fighting against.
    - Which * is it, rank, level and signature level is it.
    - What nodes were active at the time? (ie masochist, power gain, etc.)
    - What game mode were you playing? (ie Arena, AQ, etc.)