**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Medusa Autoblocks L3

If I hit into Medusa then threw an L3, autoblock callout and reduced DMG compared to just a straight L3.
Noticed it war vs Medusa boss and did some duel testing.
Really was an issue because I was trying to use Magik's L3 to nullify furies for extra dmg use Mystic Dispersion Powe gain to repeat process.

Comments

• PushPush Posts: 45

• Hey there, do you happen to remember what node buffs were active during that fight?
  • Ragnaroky12Ragnaroky12 Posts: 62
    I notice that happens when you use special 3 during a combo (after the first hit of the combo)

Hey there, do you happen to remember what node buffs were active during that fight?

Those were screen shots from duels.
    Hellow said:

For Karnak maybe you had courage
    For magik she gets extra damage per buff in the opponent

-about Karnak...interesting point. I'd have to check.
    -about Magik...that's the point. It should be doing nullify damage in both screen shot. Instead the furies are consumed by autoblock.
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★

Hey there, do you happen to remember what node buffs were active during that fight?

It's happening almost every fight.I used magik against Medusa 1 hit sp3 for extra damage of furies but auto blocked and very little damage.
  • AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    First I thought it is intended then realized buffs and de buffs during sp3 are paused.This way it's a bug.Right.
  • Would you happen to have any footage of those fights you got the screenshots from?
    @Kabam Zibiit Are Links to Google drive ok or do I have to upload to YouTube? My apologies for being a forum rookie.
    1. karnak strike then autoblock
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/12-E3NLGtLd5apxDUJqG-HZ_aqNSRrI9W/view?usp=drivesdk
    2. Magik strike then autoblock
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11v93KaGBBCdJ9GwUCVYvX784T0YIZWDF/view?usp=drivesdk
    3. Magik no strike nullify
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/11yPyvIQzuYfYUXa2ozh8y2D15V3n9rkX/view?usp=drivesdk

The Karnak no strike vid was started mid L3 animation, so I have withheld it.
  • edited October 2019
    Checking with the rest of the team, we were able to confirm what is happening when Magik hits Medusa with her SP3. In the first video with Magik, Medusa is hit with a basic attack and then Magik's SP3, triggering Medusa's auto-block at the cost of her Fury Buffs. The Fury Buffs are consumed to activate auto-block before Magik's SP3 can Nullify them for increased damage.

In the second video, Magik's SP3 is the first attack to hit Medusa while she has 3 Fury Buffs and so doesn't activate Medusa's auto-block. Since the Fury Buffs aren't spent to activate auto-block, Magik is able to Nullify them with her SP3 for increased damage.
    edited October 2019
    @Kabam Zibiit thank you the quick work and for verifying my observations.
    The next step, however, is whether that action is intended? Should an L3 trigger auto-block?
    Admittedly, I have not tested it recently, but I have not observed Modok, IMIW, or Heimdall ever autoblocking an L3.
    It my hypothesis that the confirmed observation is a bug and the auto-block mechanic for Medusa is not working as intended. The base L3 damage is not reduced as if it were blocked. Non nullifiers are achieving standard L3 dmg plus removing furies. Should not Magik be able to nullify these buffs, performing the extra DMG, and gain the additional power via mystic dispersion from the nullification since L3s cannot be blocked?
    You confirmed an L3 is being auto blocked. Now what?