**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

should i spend money on this game

should I spend money on this game. Been playing this game for a long time and i get on well without spending money, however if you do spend money, is there a lot of benefits? comment down below.

Comments

• Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    meh ... money = faster progression, that's about it.

If you're in a hurry, by all means, "invest" .. if not, just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride!!
    :)
  • Options
    BłADEBłADE Posts: 148
    thx ditto I was just thinking about it but I would rather save my money lol :smiley:
  • Options
    true peter some are very pricey ranging to 100 pounds but I guess every video game does that lol, I agree tho I would rather save up the money unless... there is a really cool deal lol :smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,265 ★★★★★
    I'm a non spender, but I have committed tons of time on this game to get where I'm at. It's a trade off most of the time between spending money versus time.

For example, my brother in law started playing before me, spent a lot of money. He quit after a year. He never felt committed to the game because he was able to buy champs items, upgrades, all that stuff. Everything was easier for him, but also he didn't develop the skills to be highly competitive. In the end, he just got bored. Was it worth all that money for that little time in this game? That's for you to decide.
  • Options
    azkicker i see, it looks like it wasn't worth spending. I guesss it depends how much you care and how long you play thee game. I Do lienjoy the game and I believe that I still would be playing in the future. Thx azkicker, appreciate the comment
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    All the top players are heavily spenders. And they are very skilled too.
  • Options
    gotg so I guess the best thing is to play the game and spend some money where needed. Thx everyone for the tips and support.
  • Options
    EarthEliteEarthElite Posts: 879 ★★★
    GOTG said:

Brian Grant: Am I a joke to you?
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★

GOTG said:

Brian Grant's job is the game so he has all 24 hours in a day to play if he chooses so you can't compare him to most players.

Also, if you don't have a lot of money to spend you might as well not spend. I would say you need to spend 100 too 200 bucks a month on crystals if you want significant change in your roster.
  • Options
    SaiyanSaiyan Posts: 727 ★★★★
    edited October 2019
    I'm F2P (spent 99 cents on accident in the first week of playing but that was it). 12.0 Dropped about two months after I started playing and I never got the need to spend after that.

As someone said, Brian Grant's job is this game so he has all the time needed. You can't compare people who's job it is to other players.

I've done most things in this game and the only big thing I haven't done is beat 6.2 once yet and that's only cuz I stopped playing for a year (stopped being fun but I came back last month). Did Cavalier and LOL easy path with not much issues or unit spending at all.

However, my roster is very limited compared to some of the players I know with "less" skill than me who actually spend. I find the thrill of playing more fun to skill my way through the game without spending a dime. I did however introduce some of my friends to the game who did spend so I'm not just a leecher.

Spending just speeds up your game but that's about it. Do you feel comfortable spending? How much time do you have to spare in the game? You'll need alot of grinding to keep up high level play. Would you look back and decide it was a bad idea? Spending on your vice when it's nothing bad isn't a bad thing but would you be ok with it? Kabam to me aren't the best when it comes to being fair and micro transactions. In fact I personally think they are up there with EA, Activision, etc etc. But that's just me.
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 ★★★
    I’m a casual spender. I spend on things that make sense like the sigil subscription. You get a lot back in return for your money spent
  • Options
    natewagz419natewagz419 Posts: 49
    Yes if the deal is right for you why not? You earned it so spend it how you choose.
  • Options
    GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★

GOTG said:

I think no one can live his life for many years. He forced himself grinding in arena every night and lose his sleep so badly that he often couldn’t wake up as he wishes.

That’s the price to be FTP and top player at the same time.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,547 ★★★★★
    No.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    No. If you have extra money, it's better to give it to me than to Kabam. If not, buy necessities.
  • Options
    AlphA101AlphA101 Posts: 285 ★★★
    Don’t spend , its never enough , keep chasing the rabbit forever