**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Any suggestions for rankup FOR CAVALIER

Amazing_Demon05Amazing_Demon05 Posts: 4,235 ★★★★★
edited October 2019 in Strategy and Tips

P.S. Darkhawk lags my device so anyone besides him
How should I move forward now rankup wise
I have done completion of ACT5 (I totally wanna go for cavalier first not exploration of ACT5 so I won't need that suggestion)
6*: Storm (forgot to include her in screenshots)
Rank4 5*: Corvus, Sabre, Ghost, She-Hulk
Rank3 5*: Voodoo, Hela, Crossbones, Howard the Duck

I can rank4 one more 5star out of all of these and I plan to rank4 domino
Ik Gulk is good for quest1 but I don't think I need to rank4 him just for that

Any other tips regarding nodes and bosses will be appreciated too. I do have a rough idea about the bosses and what the nodes are like from video. Certainly want a good bit of advice on which champions will benefit me and any secret tips lol.

Comments

• Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    You're gonna have a hard time with the 6.1.5 crossbones boss more than likely. Sentinel is probably your best option but it's not going to be a fun fight
  • Options
    JakearoundJakearound Posts: 411 ★★★
    Ghost
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

You're gonna have a hard time with the 6.1.5 crossbones boss more than likely. Sentinel is probably your best option but it's not going to be a fun fight

Corvus...use charges, die, revive, repeat. It’s not the cleanest, but when a champ is so much better than the rest, it’s not an awful strategy.
  • Options
    TyEdge said:

Corvus...use charges, die, revive, repeat. It’s not the cleanest, but when a champ is so much better than the rest, it’s not an awful strategy.
    That's actually a terrible strategy when sentinel can actually take the fight. Incredibly inefficient and likely very costly
  • Options

TyEdge said:

I see lol that would be my best option when I can't do anything else

does this strategy also work on crossbones boss?
    Sure you COULD do it that way but sentinel is a much better option imo
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian

TyEdge said:

yeah i will try with him as much as possible for sure ik it's gonna be long but if I just bait sp1s then I wont take damage and be done with it right?
    Yes, but the catch is the arc overload healing. You have to fight aggressively enough to outpace that so you do have to bait relatively quickly, especially if you aren't using a rank 5 high damage champ. I did it with rank 4 Iceman with a couple boosts so it's possible.

Incidentally, Sentinel is one option, but I think Morningstar is also an equally valid option. The downside to Morningstar is that she's not poison immune so you cannot hit into block on Crossbones: you have to fight more carefully. The upside is that you'll be stealing both healing and furies from Crossbones, which means your damage will be higher, his healing will be lower, and you can heal yourself periodically through the fight as he procs arc overload. For a longish fight that can be valuable.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

yeah i will try with him as much as possible for sure ik it's gonna be long but if I just bait sp1s then I wont take damage and be done with it right?
    Yes, but the catch is the arc overload healing. You have to fight aggressively enough to outpace that so you do have to bait relatively quickly, especially if you aren't using a rank 5 high damage champ. I did it with rank 4 Iceman with a couple boosts so it's possible.

Incidentally, Sentinel is one option, but I think Morningstar is also an equally valid option. The downside to Morningstar is that she's not poison immune so you cannot hit into block on Crossbones: you have to fight more carefully. The upside is that you'll be stealing both healing and furies from Crossbones, which means your damage will be higher, his healing will be lower, and you can heal yourself periodically through the fight as he procs arc overload. For a longish fight that can be valuable.
    Not sure how you plan on ramping MS up with the global in that quest. You only get a bar of power when they do
  • Options
    Her damage is awful with 1 soul which is all youd have. Unless he can swing one more from synergy which isnt gonna help much
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

TyEdge said:

Not sure how you plan on ramping MS up with the global in that quest. You only get a bar of power when they do
    To ramp morningstar up you need the heimdell synergy or at least thats what i did for 6.1.5 but its a big risk and probably will cost more revives
  • Options

Her damage is awful with 1 soul which is all youd have. Unless he can swing one more from synergy which isnt gonna help much

Here's someone's R4 Morningstar doing Crossbones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWF9iXvm9pw

Based on the number of hits, I'd say Morningstar was doing comparable damage to my Iceman during my run (I didn't quite kill her and had to finish off with another champ, but the hit count is in the ballpark). He is using Guillotine for the extra soul but I believe constantly stealing Crossbones' furies is contributing to giving Morningstar credible damage in that fight. Also contributing is that she's significantly reducing Crossbones' healing, which in effect is an additional damage contribution throughout the fight.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Based on the number of hits, I'd say Morningstar was doing comparable damage to my Iceman during my run (I didn't quite kill her and had to finish off with another champ, but the hit count is in the ballpark). He is using Guillotine for the extra soul but I believe constantly stealing Crossbones' furies is contributing to giving Morningstar credible damage in that fight. Also contributing is that she's significantly reducing Crossbones' healing, which in effect is an additional damage contribution throughout the fight.
    Yeah I'm sure she can do it. I still think sentinel at full analysis would be the better option damagewise. His heal block wont be reliable for sure which his shrug offs but some will stick
  • Options

DNA3000 said:

Yeah I'm sure she can do it. I still think sentinel at full analysis would be the better option damagewise. His heal block wont be reliable for sure which his shrug offs but some will stick
    It is hard to say, but I do have some data points for Sentinel. Two fights, a rank 1 (6*) and a rank 3/45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=132mrnRcJzI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GlxihpvZKM
    Both take about nine minutes, more or less, so clearly how aggressively you can play matters a lot. The player playing the rank 3/45 is playing much more aggressively, and thus dealing damage relatively more quickly. If we guestimate that a 4/55 played the same way would deal about 40% more damage, plus or minus, we can estimate that a 4/55 Sentinel played just as aggressively would finish in about six minutes, more or less, which is about the same time as the Morningstar.

The first fight plays Sentinel more conservatively, and ends with most of Sentinel's health. The second fight plays aggressively, gets tagged once or twice, and ends with about a quarter health. The Morningstar plays fairly aggressively, but ends at basically full health.

Sentinel might be faster, but I'm not sure how much faster it could be than the run above. The run isn't perfect, but it isn't bad once it gets into rhythm. But Sentinel has a lower margin for error as it has no healing, and that can be significant in a fight this long.
  • Options
    PintzzPintzz Posts: 297 ★★
    Sentinel was definitely the key for me exploring 6.1.5
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

It is hard to say, but I do have some data points for Sentinel. Two fights, a rank 1 (6*) and a rank 3/45:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=132mrnRcJzI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GlxihpvZKM
    Both take about nine minutes, more or less, so clearly how aggressively you can play matters a lot. The player playing the rank 3/45 is playing much more aggressively, and thus dealing damage relatively more quickly. If we guestimate that a 4/55 played the same way would deal about 40% more damage, plus or minus, we can estimate that a 4/55 Sentinel played just as aggressively would finish in about six minutes, more or less, which is about the same time as the Morningstar.

The first fight plays Sentinel more conservatively, and ends with most of Sentinel's health. The second fight plays aggressively, gets tagged once or twice, and ends with about a quarter health. The Morningstar plays fairly aggressively, but ends at basically full health.

Sentinel might be faster, but I'm not sure how much faster it could be than the run above. The run isn't perfect, but it isn't bad once it gets into rhythm. But Sentinel has a lower margin for error as it has no healing, and that can be significant in a fight this long.
    Interesting. I had only seen sentinel do the fight at R5 personally. He finished it easily enough I was sure a R4 could do it though. Wouldn't hurt for him to have both options really. Also he could fly through Variant 3 (if it's not done already) with that ghost and sentinel if he ranked him which might give him even stronger options for 6.1
  • Options

Interesting. I had only seen sentinel do the fight at R5 personally. He finished it easily enough I was sure a R4 could do it though. Wouldn't hurt for him to have both options really. Also he could fly through Variant 3 (if it's not done already) with that ghost and sentinel if he ranked him which might give him even stronger options for 6.1

True. I was just thinking about Act 6. Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong ranking both to have multiple options not just in Act 6 but elsewhere. Outside of 6.1 Sentinel is a variant monster as you mention, while Morningstar is a very underrated ramp up champion in other content.
  • Options

Damn I really liked that MS video now I am really confused whom to r4 I have all the mystic cats required to rank4 MS rn
    and I have all the reqd stuff for sentinel too I guess

the only up for sentinel is that he will be useful in variant while MS gives me regen too in her fight...
    I think the variant3 point has more weight
    sentinel might be the move for this

Whichever way you go, good luck to you. Also, either way, I would reserve some attack boosts for this fight. The fight is pretty long whomever you bring, so anything that speeds it up will help you out immensely.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Domino, Sentinel and Ghost I say would be fantastic options.
  • Options
    Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Yeah MS too, she’s quite the beast.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★

His ghost should work, and he could also Corvus and revive through
  • Options
    Lvernon15 said:

His ghost should work, and he could also Corvus and revive through
    I'm not a fan of ghost for crossbones just due to the global node and having to push him to a sp2 to get to hers. Not having easy access to her sp2 makes it much harder to out damage his regen.