**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

30 minute timers and closing threads

Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
I expressly asked yesterday for clarification on whether timers were 30 minutes today through the end of the week bc it was unclear based on different messages. I was told it was an hour and then the thread was closed bc the question was answered. I had been getting grief from my alliance all day bc my question was the one responded to getting passed around that emphatically stated one hour timers today.

Now, after we start map 5, it shows 30 minute timers again. We would have done map 6. Don't get me wrong, I like 30 minute timers and I think aq should always be 30 minute timers for sanity reasons. However, it is helpful for planning purposes for this to be announced in advance until the day 30 minute timers are hopefully implemented (which I doubt will ever happen). I'm assuming this is a bug that has now lasted two days in a row ? We are now locked into map 5 as a result--two days in a row.

Also, I posted a comment earlier about threads being closed prematurely...and I can't even find that thread. Not sure if it was deleted or if I'm just going crazy.

Comments

• Options
    OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    I agree they should have specified if it was AQ Session or that day of AQ. I read it as that day of AQ...looks like I was wrong.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    We were just talking about that as well, not doing map 6, but that we were under the impression we were back at 1 hour timers.

• Options
    JerzyJerzy Posts: 35
    I saw that thread and shared in various chats.
    We all expected that mod to be wrong as you can see they didn't really know what they were talking about lol

At this point kabam really just needs to keep the 30 min timers for the week to avoid any further confusion.
  • Options
    clamch0wderclamch0wder Posts: 20
    Why ruin a good thing?
  • Options
    Jackie2CokesJackie2Cokes Posts: 199 ★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    don't move, you'll be exploiting a bug and likely to get banned, pause for 30 mins between moves

You sir are the true champion of this contest!!
  • Options
    RydertheblackRydertheblack Posts: 296
    don't move, you'll be exploiting a bug and likely to get banned, pause for 30 mins between moves

Decision tree:
    If it is a bug that benefits you: You are exploiting the game = banned
    If it is a bug that benefits Kabam: It's working as intended = Whine and keep going

So... This is an exploit.
  • Options
    JerzyJerzy Posts: 35
    w3l3oxhqv4od.png
  • Options
    SuperFarz wrote: »
    Thanks Kabam Pertinax. I also shared this info since you asked him 3 times to confirm what the timers are. He responded twice vagely and then closed the topic after explaining it the 3th time. Like what the hell?

It's his first week as moderator... poor guy doesn't know what he has ran into xD
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★

Decision tree:
    If it is a bug that benefits Kabam: It's working as intended = Whine and keep going

Actually, if it is a bug that disproportionately effects select players allowing those players to advance well beyond what the game intends and those players actively exploit it for their = banned

Bug by definition are not intended, ffs but you got the whine part of the equation right, I suppose.

But eh sophists will use reductionism of complex situations to support thier false narrative, right?
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    Maybe he was told the correct info but it wasn't implemented by a dev.

Stop hating
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »

Decision tree:

Actually, if it is a bug that disproportionately effects select players allowing those players to advance well beyond what the game intends and those players actively exploit it for their = banned

Bug by definition are not intended, ffs but you got the whine part of the equation right, I suppose.

But eh sophists will use reductionism of complex situations to support thier false narrative, right?

What about parry?
  • Options
    RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Remember Kabam Miike has said that 30 minutes timers are actually bad for players that enjoy their families and kids. I feel so punished right now.
  • Options
    Maybe he was told the correct info but it wasn't implemented by a dev.

Stop hating

I'm not hating on the new moderator. I acknwledge its tough to deal with these issues and try to push out correct information in thetimely manner that we need for planning. It's entirely possible he gave us the correct information and somewhere else it got screwed up. Of course, I also read another thread where kabam claimed it was on purpose for day 1 to have 30 minute timers (although they never announced it) which to me strongly suggested they were trying to cover for their mess up. Today's explanation will be interesting. As I said before, I like and appreciate 30 minute timers--but I would like to be given accurate information on when they will be in play. I'm assuming we will be dropping a big rank in aq this week with two days of unannounced 30 minute timers.
  • Options
    Remember Kabam Miike has said that 30 minutes timers are actually bad for players that enjoy their families and kids. I feel so punished right now.

No way. That was actually said at one time?
  • Options
    SchapenkopSchapenkop Posts: 89
    So are we exploiting a bug if we play this AQ round with 30 minute timer?
  • Options
    SuperFarz wrote: »
    Thanks Kabam Pertinax. I also shared this info since you asked him 3 times to confirm what the timers are. He responded twice vagely and then closed the topic after explaining it the 3th time. Like what the hell?

It's his first week as moderator... poor guy doesn't know what he has ran into xD

Hes been around for a little bit. Enough to give me an infraction for being sarcastic a couple weeks ago...he gets no sympathy from me for being wrong.
  • Options
    Omni wrote: »

Hes been around for a little bit. Enough to give me an infraction for being sarcastic a couple weeks ago...he gets no sympathy from me for being wrong.

Haha. What was the infraction?
  • Options
    I asked when Canadian holidays were so I knew when to expect a response from kabam...

Anyways @Kabam Miike can we get clarification on when timers are going to switch back to an hour? Or stay at 30?
This discussion has been closed.