**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IS it worth maxing 4*s/ should U sell?

Here is what I say. Yes max 4* and max em 5*. But don't sell. This limits ability to gain new champs and dupe champs for shards.

Comments

• RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    Never sell champs, there may be events with champ restrictions based on rarity
  • AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,261 ★★★★★
    Don't ever sell, that's a given!

Depending on where you are in your progress, you may still need max 4s. I had about 15 maxed 4s before they were rendered useless, after uncollected and I believe before elders bane.
  • I think that no matter what 4* are not usless. except in act 6. They are very powerful and can destroy lower content
  • ChewybuccaChewybucca Posts: 95
    edited November 2019
    Every time you dupe a 4* it’s worth a ton of iso, you don’t have to rank up anyone to get the iso.
    ISO can be Sold for Gold..
    So every time you sell a champ, it is future Gold you won’t have.
  • WoogieboogieWoogieboogie Posts: 340 ★★
    Don’t max or rank or level em up, don’t sell them either. Just let them sit and collect dust and you get shards when dupe.
  • Timone147Timone147 Posts: 1,276 ★★★★
    1. Never sell a champ. It’s just not worth it in the long run of the game and they are leaning further into champ gates these days and have already used star gates as well.
    2. Don’t waste resources(you don’t have excess of) on champs you won’t use. PI means nothing.

If you won’t use the 4* and have no reason to max them don’t. I rank 4* and 3* to about r2 level during level up events due to not needing those resources and having enough gold. Seeing as t1a and t4b are still short at times it makes no sense if you don’t need them to max a champ for me past those levels.

Now if I’m not in a period I’m doing arena I rank no one I won’t use ever because of gold. I always have the gold and iso to max my next game changing champ.
  • Although my priority is to rank up 5* champs, I still rank up 4* champs occasionally, and sometimes specifically. For example I took my 4* Namor immediately to rank 5.

I still use 4* champs occasionally, because sometimes a 4* champ will do the job better than any other 5* champ I have available, and that's even with a very deep roster. For example, the reason I took my 4* Namor to rank 5 was specifically because of his damage absorption mechanic; soon afterward I was putting him on my Epic Lab teams to deal with various kinds of strike back damage that could randomly arise - I don't have 5* Namor, and the 4* worked fine even against Epic level nodes. Even in high level content, there are many 4* champs that I've used either because I don't have the corresponding 5* (or it doesn't exist) or because the 5* was tied up in AQ or AW.

Scarlet Witch, Thor, Void, Blade, Rogue, Black Widow, Aegon, Domino, Ghost Rider, Magik, Killmonger, Morningstar, Iceman, Sentinel, Sparky, VtD, Sym Supreme, Vision, Thing, off the top of my head, are all useful as 4* champs even in high level content (if not gated out). And I'm not saying you can use them (you can use whatever you want outside of gates) I'm saying sometimes they are better than most 5* choices in certain specific kinds of fights or situations.

Of course, it is unlikely content will arrive that will cause me to pull my 4* Iron Fist or Captain America off the bench (also, I have those as 5* champs). But you never know, and the benefit of selling is, in my opinion, not worth the potential future cost of not having a champion that might become useful in future content.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Got my 5* Blade by selling all 4* last year.....Opened almost 40 5* crystals later but not able to pull him again... So a big no to selling anyone 😂
  • DarkQuakeDarkQuake Posts: 74
    Keep every champ no matter what tier. Dont rank them all. Only max the one that are useful.
  • Yall agree! EETS GET IT