**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

15.0 Alliance Wars Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• IndridColdIndridCold Posts: 41
    Mana_Pot wrote: »
    What about us that invested in those detect masteries just for AW. Is there a plan for them now that we can see all the classes?

I forgot that those even existed. I've never known anyone to use them. Aren't they just for quest maps?

No. Ppl use them for AW's. Tier 7 & up takes away the class of the champs. AW maps are the only place you really gain anything from those masteries.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Xthea9 wrote: »
    hurricant wrote: »
    Thawnim wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike These changes are severely disappointing.
    I agree changes were needed, but you have not addressed any of the major issues we see with war right now: cheating and alliance swapping due to crappy rewards at higher tiers.

It's ok when the big alliances are doing it. They are the ones who fund the game so they shall not be punished!

How do you know "they " fund the game ?

Umm...that's common knowledge...
  • Are you guys fixing the bugs before these new wars come out? Id rather see the game working properly before more new content. I think that should be more important.
  • KyrieRed wrote: »
    Will you be looking at replacing the class detect masteries since they are largely useless now then?

Also, +1 on disagreeing with the removal of defender kills as that was a pretty key strategy element of the war system. In fact, our last war win was a close one that was won in large part because the opponent had 27 more deaths. Seems like a pretty blatant attempt to encourage more spending to revive/heal to win. Will the item caps at least stay in place?
    So you won the war based on defender kills. Now the other side of the coin. How do you think the other alliance felt after trying their best to beat your probably 5/5 MD Magik. Let's not be hypocrites. The so called "boss killers" can take a shot at the boss (it doesn't matter if the do poorly or good) because he/she is... well the boss killer while other members have to sit idle because if theytry to fight the boss and don't do good you are helping the other alliance. I'm by any means agreeing with the change because let's be honest here AW will continue to be a cash grab regardless, but also let's be logical you won't be on a at disadvantage because, whoever the alliance you go against, the same rules will apply to them.

Well it is a war, an alliance event. You need to work as a team, working as a team is recognizing that some players are better than others at certain things. When we have AQ and AW up at the same time we usually have one person join war at the end, when his best guys are finished with AQ so he can use them to take out the boss in wars. If you dont want your best boss killer to take the first shot at the boss then you wont be winning too many wars...well...not anymore lol
  • MilkthewhalesMilkthewhales Posts: 81
    Amonthir wrote: »
    Can you tell us if the extra mini-boss nodes are comparable in strength to the current ones?

They're more or less equal to where they are now, but they now scale better across difficulties. For instance, Instead of all difficulties having full Debuff imunity, it's a slowly growing list of immunities, with only Expert and Challenger having full debuff immunity.

Good grief 2 more minis of the same power and your not changing rewards this is just ridiculous, so now all BGs need even more boss killers and the specific set of champs to take them down.

You've lost touch with reality seriously
  • new bugs are coming)
  • InvisibleInvisible Posts: 113
    How it is not pay to win since defender kill score being removed?
  • Its funny. I played arena do awaken my doctor strange after 12.0 thinking Kabam will listen to their customers and make him useful again. My duped DS is still at rank 3...point is, kabam rarely listens to us.
  • Xthea9Xthea9 Posts: 829 ★★
    Ha ha ha ... I am enjoying this , changes made to increase difficulty but while achieving the rewards are like , what can I say , let's be constructive, why not an increase in rewards. What kind of a loss associated with rewards.
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    Will you be looking at replacing the class detect masteries since they are largely useless now then?

Also, +1 on disagreeing with the removal of defender kills as that was a pretty key strategy element of the war system. In fact, our last war win was a close one that was won in large part because the opponent had 27 more deaths. Seems like a pretty blatant attempt to encourage more spending to revive/heal to win. Will the item caps at least stay in place?
    So you won the war based on defender kills. Now the other side of the coin. How do you think the other alliance felt after trying their best to beat your probably 5/5 MD Magik. Let's not be hypocrites. The so called "boss killers" can take a shot at the boss (it doesn't matter if the do poorly or good) because he/she is... well the boss killer while other members have to sit idle because if theytry to fight the boss and don't do good you are helping the other alliance. I'm by any means agreeing with the change because let's be honest here AW will continue to be a cash grab regardless, but also let's be logical you won't be on a at disadvantage because, whoever the alliance you go against, the same rules will apply to them.

This is the ONLY counterpoint I have seen that is semi-valid. Let's be honest, the vast majority of defender kills in wars outside of tier 1 come from two tiles--boss and top miniboss. A few get sprinkled in on middle mini and right mini and then occasionally there are a few more throughout. I totally agree that this change is more of a cash grab than trying to make people feel less bad about dying and hurting their team. But frankly, the alliance with an r4 5* magik on top miniboss and a 5* r4 juggs or dormamu or magik as boss all running max md will get more defender kills than an alliance that doesn't have those champs or doesn't invest in defense. Where the unfairness comes in is when those alliances with those champs are jumping into shell alliances and taking on weaker competition. And those wars aren't about defender kills anyway. The alliance with all the top champs just run over their opponents. You want to make people feel better about wars? How about making prestige a part of war matchups @Kabam Miike
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    This just in SpiderGwen will be a required attacker with luke Cage and KK. Good luck folks. I Curious how many potion sales you guys have lined up between now and the 6th. Im saying 25% for 4 day, 50% for 2 days and the day prior to launch 75% for 2 hours.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Energy damages nodes will boost Limbo damages I guess ?
    Sounds fun if it does
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    Its funny. I played arena do awaken my doctor strange after 12.0 thinking Kabam will listen to their customers and make him useful again. My duped DS is still at rank 3...point is, kabam rarely listens to us.

If you can't find a use for a duped DS then the problem isn't Kabam.

But I agree, this is clearly a pay to win format now, moreso than before. It is what it is.
  • AmonthirAmonthir Posts: 754 ★★★
    TKal wrote: »
    Energy damages nodes will boost Limbo damages I guess ?
    Sounds fun if it does

Already answered by Miike that it will not affect Limbo.
  • Apollonight187Apollonight187 Posts: 47
    GREAT! 5 minis with the same 3 attackers on a much bigger map, means more revives needed! No defender kill points! BIG SPENDERS WIN EVERY WAR!!! FUNNN!!!!!

Bigger map doesn't mean that you'll be having more fights. There will be just as many Defenders as there were before.

Yet your still now addressing the issues of having to spend money to win a war. Some of us havent spent a dime and have grown on time skil and dedication i feel this i real BS..and the fact you didnt adress the fact of having to fight magik dorm 6 times which is pointless to do wars once the release comes out. Is kabam and marvel trying to lose fans or gain them cause it looks one sided to (lose fan) for greedy purposes
    GREAT! 5 minis with the same 3 attackers on a much bigger map, means more revives needed! No defender kill points! BIG SPENDERS WIN EVERY WAR!!! FUNNN!!!!!

Bigger map doesn't mean that you'll be having more fights. There will be just as many Defenders as there were before.

Yet your still now addressing the issues of having to spend money to win a war. Some of us havent spent a dime and have grown on time skil and dedication i feel this i real BS..and the fact you didnt adress the fact of having to fight magik dorm 6 times which is pointless to do wars once the release comes out. Is kabam and marvel trying to lose fans or gain them cause it looks one sided to (lose fan) for greedy purposes

Yep. That's the way to get kabam to listen to you. Tell them you have never spent money on this game. Lol
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    They could have given a much better diversity fix by only allowing one instance of a champ on boss nodes, so no 4 magiks, etc.
  • bigmull1bigmull1 Posts: 45
    Immortal wrote: »
    7ds4a7ucar84.jpg

Is there any node that will finally have a place for this guy?

You have all the armor my friend. Or is it "Every of the armor" - Keven from The Office
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★

ok, just as many defenders. But defender kills, in combo with 5 mini bosses means $$ wins every war. No more skill. Good job killing wars.

The amount of items that any user can use remains the same, so every Alliance Member can still only Revive/Heal 15 times. This hasn't changed. Additionally, 5 Minibosses doesn't mean that any one person will be taking on more than 1.

The goal with the removal of Defender kills wasn't to increase the use of Potions or Revives, but to relieve the feeling of defeat that comes with taking one shot at a defender, losing, and feeling that you're now helping the other Alliance, so you stop playing, even though you have 2 perfectly good attackers still there.

Do you even play? Because most people don't really stop after one or all of they're team are knocked out they keep playing unless there's a enemy that they can not beat so in reality this whole statement doesn't make sense to me.

Again it's bs an a blatant cash grab, even if you just keep saying it's not intended to but from our perspectives it is intended that way.

Even more so when you consider the state of your game and the lack of response from kabam on said issues some of which were said to be "fixed " or promised to be fixed when neither is true.

I miss the old days, before 12.0, before netmarble when the game was funner and more stable
  • CaboDestro1CaboDestro1 Posts: 52
    More mystic war! Alliance war is nothing but Mystic Dispersion war. Well let's see if this continues, getting tired of it same old same old mystic depression war.
  • @Kabam Miike Was it your intent to increase the map so there are more blank nodes to go through and waste our boosts. Well played that slipped through the cracks. So now 1.5 larger means an additional 15 blank nodes, is spaced properly will require us to re boost every 2 fights. Awesome job Kabam.

good point
This discussion has been closed.